Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh. Any pics of that process or at least what the final body ended up. Sounds scary to do on such a rare body.

And Boba Ben, I like that head for Joseph. Do you have a name to go along with it? :lol

I dont have any of the process, but Ill see if I can get pics of the finished product later on tonight after I get home from work. The shoulder design of the TT and the Comedian body is almost the identical. The only difference is that the peg that makes the shoulder swivel horizontally is slightly wider. So you have to dremel the notch the peg sits on just a bit on the TT. The difficult part is removing the rubber off the torso without damaging it, since it is attached to the torso "skeleton". In my case I already had damaged the rubber so I just cut it off.
Though to tell you the truth, now that I think about it, the Comedian body is to expensive to mess with, unless you know how to remove the rubber torso and put it back on incase you want to re-sell it later on.

Btw are you going to make all the guys from S.T.A.R.S.? Alpha and Bravo?:naughty

800pxthestarsteammember.jpg

Above(left to right): Richard Aiken, Enrico Marini, Kenneth J. Sullivan, Edward Dewey, Rebecca Chambers, Forest Speyer,

Below(left to right): Albert Wesker, Barry Burton, Jill Valentine, Chris Redfield, Joseph Frost, Brad Vickers

Last edited:
Hi, new here. General question about S.T.A.R.S: Do the team memebers work in pairs?? Like Jill and Chris were a pair.

Cheers and good work so far guys :rock

Been a while since I last updated. But I finally got the heads in the mail for Joseph and Brad, so I thought I'd post a quick update. Sorry for the very crappy pics.

Joseph:

dsc01680x.jpg

I can't tell you what a pain in the butt it is to tie a 1:6 bandana! Its a simple design, but getting enough slack to tie it in the back is hard. I took me a good 1/2 hour to get this. I think its acceptable. The bandana is actually Sao Feng's ring scarf thingy. I used his hands on my Scarecrow custom and had it left over. I almost threw it away, but I'm glad I didn't! Just goes to show that you should never throw spare parts away because you might just use them!

Brad:

dsc01682fb.jpg

No real updates on Brad either except for getting the head today. I went with the DiD head because of the more realistic nature of the portrait and the goofy expression he has. Brad wasn't called Chickenheart for nothing! I still need to get that darned vest tan/yellow though. The vest I've been working on to get yellow just hasn't been working. So I may have to go with the more tan color in the STARS photo.

As you can see I've taken a few liberties with them. First I gave them both a headset and radio. Both Chris and Wesker have them and since you do have radio contact with Brad in RE1, it would seem to make sense the rest of the team would have radios too. I gave Brad BSAA Chris' headset because it had the stretchy cord. I figure the pilot of the group would have a little bit of a different headset from the rest. I thought a full double ear set would be too much though. Joseph just has a STARS Chris headset (as will Barry).

I also gave Brad a watch. Even though Brad seems to be the only STARS member (at least on Alpha team) not wearing gloves, I figured he should at least at least have a watch like the rest of the team.

And I'm still looking for a good Shotgun sell Bandoliers for Joseph. I think I might just have to wait for Flint to start shipping to get them though. So Joseph is more or less done until then.

Brad, I really just need to figure out the vest and he is pretty much done.

Barry too is pretty much done except for two things. First, I need to find him a brown pouch for his belt. Second, I need to send his head off to go resculpted and repainted. He'll also need to be adapted to fit a Comedian body. And all of that costs a pretty penny so I've been waiting until SDCC is over before sending that out to go get worked on.

But other than those few things, my Alpha team is nearly complete. I still don't see a way to do Jill yet. So I'm just praying HT gets around to making a STARS Jill. Customwise, its the shirt/shoulder pads that is really holding her up. There is a set of gloved hands I've seen lately that would work for her and I'm sure blue pants and boots shouldn't be too hard to find. And aside from the STARS patch, a blue beret shouldn't be too difficult to get. So if anyone has an idea for the shirt/shoulder pads, I might give Jill a go.

Thanks, especially with those crappy pics :lol

I have high hopes for Barry too. You've already seen what the body looks like, and I'm very please with how that has turned out. I still can't believe I found a holster like his! I've got a Ray Stevenson Punisher head as the base for Barry. So I'm definately going with his updated graphics look instead of his original bushy beard version. I just see a lot of Ray in the new Barry so I think the Punisher is a great start. But I consider Barry much more important than Brad or Joseph so 'close enough' on his head isn't good enough. He needs to be a bit more accurate. So hopefully my customizer will come through :rock

Very awesome!!! Now hurry the f up and finnish Barry goddamnit! lol but seriously, I cant wait to see him finnished up. I've been massacring the hell out of Majinis with Barry on Mercs in RE5 Gold Edition so I really hope HT makes a figure of him. As for Jill the only thing I can reccomend is perhaps cutting out some padded material for the shoulder pads.

Very awesome!!! Now hurry the f up and finnish Barry goddamnit! lol but seriously, I cant wait to see him finnished up. I've been massacring the hell out of Majinis with Barry on Mercs in RE5 Gold Edition so I really hope HT makes a figure of him. As for Jill the only thing I can reccomend is perhaps cutting out some padded material for the shoulder pads.

haha I love his taunts "HERE'S BARRY!"

great customs Buttmunch.

i have one question
where can i find an 1/6 Ray Stevenson head sculpt (painted)?

The problem with Wesker's vest is that it is so dark. The green Chris vest is difficult enough to colorize.

And even though this probably isn't a real image of Joseph, its a much better image of him than any of the screen caps I've found. And here he has the collar.

https://img19.imageshack.us/i/gmconstruct0054.jpg/

And I can now confirm my next RE custom will be a real hunk! ;)

The problem with Wesker's vest is that it is so dark. The green Chris vest is difficult enough to colorize.

And even though this probably isn't a real image of Joseph, its a much better image of him than any of the screen caps I've found. And here he has the collar.

https://img19.imageshack.us/i/gmconstruct0054.jpg/

And I can now confirm my next RE custom will be a real hunk! ;)

:yess: I know its going to be pure awesomeness.

HUNK will be an awesome custom. Can't wait to see it BM. I take it your going after his RE4/UC look. I'm planning on making a custom RE4 Wesker (and possibly Pyramid Head from SH2) when I can scrounge up some more green paper.

Yeah, once I found a gas mask, I just had to make him right? I can't believe how hard it is to find a good gas mask nowadays. I had to buy a full VeryHot Toys figure to get it, but luckily there are lots of nice parts I can trade/sell too.

This isn't mine, but here is a great Hunk custom:

https://images.google.com/imgres?im...m=1&hl=en&sa=X&rlz=1T4TSHA_enUS312&tbs=isch:1

I'll be going with a black uniform though. But that figure is a great source to get ideas for his gear. I wish I could find a NECA figure. Those are great reference materials (the newly re-released Jill has me thinking about Jill again now I can see her outfit realized).

I've already got his machine gun and boots (Krauser) coming from TA. The gas mask, gloves, and BDUs are on a slow boat from Hong Honk, so who knows when that will show up :lol

Best part is, I don't need to really worry about a head for HUNK :yess:

I really wish HT would have made a HUNK figure in their RE4 line. All the HUNK customs I've seen look fantastic but the gas mask he wore in RE4 was an original design and differs slightly than the Brittish SAS gas mask most customizers use. It's kind of a cross between a Brittish and Israeli gas mask. Oh and just in case your interested, here's a pic of HUNK unmasked from the RE3 epilogue.
hunk_ep.jpg

Again though, I cant wait to see your HUNK custom finnished BM.

I just got a VERY light tan (bottle calls it linen) fabric paint and it seems to be working beautifully on the STARS vest. So if all else fails, Brad should at least have a tan vest. But this is so light, its almost white. So I'm thinking Yellow might have a chance to work on top of it. I'll have to experiment on the inside of the jacket and see.

Back