Remy's Toys!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Remy's Toys! Customized Hot Toys Captain America Repaint

As a collector of Hot Toys, earlier this month...I received my best Hot Toys ever...my wife. :)

No shipper, but rooted hair ftw and seamless articulation looks great. Expression is much better than the usual Hot Toys sculpts. I'm guessing the dress is custom.

Congrats Remy, you make a beautiful couple :duff

Re: Remy's Toys! Customized Hot Toys Captain America Repaint

Congrats Remy!

Thank you. :)

No shipper, but rooted hair ftw and seamless articulation looks great. Expression is much better than the usual Hot Toys sculpts. I'm guessing the dress is custom.

Congrats Remy, you make a beautiful couple :duff

Lol, yeah, the dress is custom. This one is very limited edition...I have to have it. It comes with a (wedding) certificate of authenticity .
This ones a keeper (for life). :)

Thank you for the awesome compliment. :duff

Re: Remy's Toys! My best Hot Toys ever!!!

I'm finally completely happy with my Dark Knight Batman.
This figure was almost a decade in the making.

Its funny cause, on some days, I still go back and re-read the old Medix thread and I've said on many occasions
that I always wanted a Medicom head. I've had many different DK heads including a couple of customs,
but I've always had my heart set on a Medicom Batman head.

After all these years, I finally got one, and I'm not disappointed.
Love it so much. There's a sentimental value to this head, as as I said, I've been wanting to get
one for almost a decade.

CuxSmMi.jpg

hrGYbgZ.jpg

peKDWU6.jpg

snJA8MA.jpg

K1Cl7Io.jpg

hmcrPUH.jpg

HqTlK90.jpg

3mu1yBJ.jpg

Nv34eYu.jpg

Last edited:

Feels like I haven't visited this thread in years! Ever since photobucket started charging a few years ago and this section slowed down drastically, it hasn't been a section I regularly visit anymore.

Congrats on the marriage, Fernando! All the best to you and your wife.

Some nice recent acquisitions and customs you made. That Captain America repaint turned out great.

Do you have any recent overall collection shots? Would love to see how everything fits together.

Feels like I haven't visited this thread in years! Ever since photobucket started charging a few years ago and this section slowed down drastically, it hasn't been a section I regularly visit anymore.

Congrats on the marriage, Fernando! All the best to you and your wife.

Some nice recent acquisitions and customs you made. That Captain America repaint turned out great.

Do you have any recent overall collection shots? Would love to see how everything fits together.

Thank you very much for the compliment and wedding congratulations Yannick. :duff
I feel like a lucky man.

As far as photobucket, on the other hand, its been disheartening, lol
I love going back every once and go way back and look at my collections and
see all the figures I used to have, or mods that I've done.
There's a lot of history there in the collection, lost cause of
photobucket's greed.

Yes, I am planning on shooting pics of my current collections.
I am a little busy at work, so at the very least, I'm planning on putting pictures of each detolf shelf.
And then eventually taking a pictures of all the whole detolfs.

Love it! I remember when everyone was modding this figure left and right. Been a couple custom sculpts over the years but I still think the medi is the best. Haven?t been keeping an eye out for one but would gladly welcome it. Congrats man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it! I remember when everyone was modding this figure left and right. Been a couple custom sculpts over the years but I still think the medi is the best. Haven?t been keeping an eye out for one but would gladly welcome it. Congrats man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man.
Yeah, this is probably one of, if not, my most polarizing figure. I remember hating it in the beginning, and wishing I bought a full medicom figure instead.
There was sooo much to do on this figure.
But at the same token, when its done, you start to love the figure more. Most of my figure are modded, so this having a lot of mods, it kinda sometimes
makes you like the figure more, cause you put touches in it to make it better.

Its ironic that most figure's thread usually comes and go's after everyone have posted their pics.
Many eventually just gets buried, and only the new figures coming up are always on the first page.
But the dx12 to this day, people are still modding it, and still most of the time on the front page of the DC section.

Yeah, if you're able to get a medicom cowl, I think you will love it.
As I mentioned, for me, there was a lot of sentimental value to it, cause I still sometimes, to this day, browse the Medix Batman thread
where people where combining Medicom and HT DX figures, and after all these years, I finally got mine modded like it.

CUSTOM HOT TOYS ENDGAME CAPTAIN AMERICA

Suit and Body from HT Infinity Wars Cap
Helmeted head from AOU. I fully repainted the helmet and made it darker and more worn look including
adding battle damage and adding blood on Cap's face.
Harness, Belt, Boots are from Civil War.
The boots were also repainted. I painted the straps a darker burgundy brown color and also added leather effects all over
the boots to make it look more like leather boots.
Added the Avenger symbol from Civil War shoulders.
The lower sleeve is also from Civil War Cap.
The diecast shield is from HT Golden Age Cap.
Mjolnir from HT Light Armor Thor
Added blue/silver metallic effects on the chainmail chest piece and also on the shoulders.

w6dbYmB.jpg

TccjKGM.jpg

34AV7Nh.jpg

SKguyaA.jpg

EViWY0m.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Remy's Toys! Custom HT Endgame Captain America

I'm gonna slowly but surely post new updated pics of the collection since many old pics are now in limbo due to the photobucket fiasco.
I'm also gonna post whatever mods I made on figures since majority of my figures have some form of mods.
Some, just replacing a piece here or there. to some that are extensive such as repainting the figure.

So this is repost of the recent Dark Knight displayl

Mods on Batman:
Medicom repainted cowl
I cut the top of the gloved hands to make it the gauntlet to make it more screen accurate.
Reshaped the shoulder pads by heating it and sticking it in the freezer.
Also added electrical tape inside the suit at the muscle traps section so that the shoulder area would look more natural
I switched boots and used the Toyfair Batman Begins Boots
Custom Velvet cape by Lance (Lforigno).

Z3GOzh8.jpg

Joker mods:
Silicone head by BobbyC
Vest by Kato
Outfit by Hot Toys DX11

T1Xvrkg.jpg

Catwoman
Slight repaint on lips.

Y9RyWZF.jpg

amNSp0x.jpg

Nice, looking forward to an update on everything. :)

I realized that I haven't taken any photos of my entire collection in 3-4 years, either. I actually just bought my first house together with my fiance, so I should take some proper photos here before we move. I have some big plans for my collection in the new house, with several walls dedicated to properly displaying everything. Unfortunately, that room will be a project for 2021 as our funds are already maxed out on redoing the essentials like living room, bathrooms, bedroom etc.

Congratulations Yannick on your new home and on your engagement. :duff

As a newlywed and someone who also recently also moved into a new home, I can say, I'm very happy for you.
We're pretty much on the same boat.
My collection display have changed a lot, since, before...it was stationed on a narrow hallway.
When I moved to the new home, my wife said, we should put your collection in the living room. :horror
That's why I married her. lol. Well, cause she's also super awesome! :)

So like you, I'm also excited to show my current collection display.
Really looking forward to see your display man, and once again, congratulations!

Decided to repaint my other HT Batman.
Wanted it to make it look more like the blue and gray batman in the comics.

Ip35o3Y.jpg

ed8kZ7u.jpg

BOfMZnf.jpg

Lq4P09J.jpg

oCyKfLi.jpg

LlBJrgu.jpg

7zhnKpr.jpg

Qpn9byv.jpg

BNXTN0Z.jpg

reaOEdk.jpg

Last edited:
Back