Remy's Toys!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Remy's Toys! Custom HT Batman v Superman

A comparison of two Batffleck I repainted.

Version 1 is movie accurate Black and gray version. Its on a Unrealtoys movie accurate cape.
Version 2 is blue and gray, more of a comic book representation with Unrealtoys wired cape and custom utility belt.

btw...on a side note, I forgot, the blue and gray is actually Suicide squad Batman
both have longer ankle pegs.
V1 was painted gray but also given a clear blue wash to give it the blue hues.
v2, I wanted blue hues also on the body but more of subtle, I wanted to mimmick the Prime1 BvS that has a blue hues, so I did also give it some blue hues but much more subtle.

imxTs6q.jpg

dDIuMZX.jpg

jm0rV9F.jpg

Ip35o3Y.jpg

ed8kZ7u.jpg

BOfMZnf.jpg

Lq4P09J.jpg

oCyKfLi.jpg

LlBJrgu.jpg

reaOEdk.jpg

Last edited:

Always enjoy viewing your collection Remy, one of my favourites!

The Comic Inspired Batman absolutely rocks :rock

Always enjoy viewing your collection Remy, one of my favourites!

The Comic Inspired Batman absolutely rocks :rock

Thank you very much sir. I really appreciate the input.
Its always nerve wracking everytime I pick up the paintbrush in the beginning.
And I've actually been wanting to repaint the blue and gray version for awhile.
But everytime I'm ready to sit down and do it, I re-evaluate, cause if the outcome isnt what I have
in mind, well, that's several hundred dollars down the drain.

But this time, I looked at all the repaints and customizations that I've done...and every single one has been a great experience
and made me even love the figure even more.
So that's what pushed me to finally do it, and again, I'm glad I did...I really love how it turned out.

Thanks again man. :duff

What an amazing collection.

Originally, I was just gonna use an unbroken shield cause I wanted this Cap's shield to be intact in all its glory.
But I admit, it did seem like it was missing from its iconic look. And since this is supposed to represent Endgame and that
Iconic scene with Cap wielding Mjolnir with his broken shield, I caved in and decided to get the Art by Art Diecast Broken shield.

I am so impressed with this shield. It really is high quality. Very heavy and thick. The colors look great.
If I have to guess, the paint looks like its powdercoated.
What's cool is that the way the light bounces off the shield, it definitely highlights its metallic sheen.
I was actually worried at first if there might be an issue with the figure holding the shield, cause like I said, its very very heavy.
But duh...If Cap can wield the Mjolnir, he can carry a heavy diecast shield. :)

QRoo5EN.jpg

MyZL3Ql.jpg

t1872Ac.jpg

gTboagg.jpg

qvB1TVv.jpg

axmdzhp.jpg

ZJ3235e.jpg

WHEW! Had to improvise to get him in the detolf. With the cards in the default position, I wasnt able to close the door.
I initially just used the extra hand with the cards. But it started nagging at me that it doesnt show the full potential
of the character.
So I placed the kinetic charged cards on top. It was a happy surprise cause the default position
sometimes slightly cover Gambit depending on your perspective.
with the Charged cards on top, you get the full view of the statue.
And the position I have it, its pretty stable.

I've had my eye on this statue for a long time. Since I only collect 1/6, I was gonna pass on this.
Although I promised myself I was only gonna stick to 1/6, I'm happy to break this promise and glad I didnt pass up on this statue. :)

Aqa9d51.jpg

Zc0JcRo.jpg

0KmzyJ5.jpg

Hj1PDT6.jpg

ooHZ0K6.jpg

R7EygfU.jpg

Re: Remy's Toys! XM Gambit Statue

Thanks man. I hope you're able to nab one off your wishlist.
As someone who has been collecting for awhile, this one brought me back to the early days of really getting giddy opening up the box
and having a huge smile putting it together and displaying it.

Changed my LED lighting to a Home Depot Strip.
Was originally using an Ikea Color Changing LED.
Thing is freaking bright! I like it though cause it gives it a more natural lighting and really lights ups the display.

LOVE this Statue!

lXjOn1q.jpg

JPMsrm8.jpg

vLgDXzY.jpg

Iron Studios Endgame Captain America Deluxe.
I modded the chest piece and shoulders to silver/blue.

Before:
carZKXN.jpg

After:

2wI87Js.jpg

beYUURc.jpg

tkSSmMm.jpg

yYJBMpX.jpg

NdM9xyH.jpg

Re: Remy's Toys! Iron Studios Endgame Captain America

Bought a Hot Toys Justice League Superman a few weeks back.
Havent been completely happy with it until yesterday.
Got an OSK JL Supes head. Love IT!
All this time, I just felt like my JL supes was half ass cause I just dont like the stock head. I've been using an Old MOS head on mine.
I now...FINALLY...FINALLY feel like I have a proper JL Superman.
As a bonus, this also helped ease the pain on missing out on the sold out 1/3 Prime 1 JL Superman. I regret passing on it, but now, I feel like I have a 1/6 version of it. :)

I darkened the hair on mine.

BqYbnnI.jpg

akj3niW.jpg

jCEGQyC.jpg

fvXGdTn.jpg

Nice collection- Superman. "There is a right and a wrong in the universe and that distinction is not hard to make."

It's the body I mainly don't like on Superman but you've got the figure looking great in your pics. The new head does look good also.

Really need to get myself a new cape for Batman.

Nice collection- Superman. "There is a right and a wrong in the universe and that distinction is not hard to make."

Thank you.

It's the body I mainly don't like on Superman but you've got the figure looking great in your pics. The new head does look good also.

Really need to get myself a new cape for Batman.

I thought the same way originally of the body, which is why I cancelled my PO on JL Superman. I thought I could just be ok with my Man of steel figures. But after seeing the real costume in person, it gave me a different perspective of the figure, and well...ended up paying more on the secondary market. But it is worth it. The engineering on the suit and colors really pop. The flaws on the figure can honestly be easily overlooked. The stock head also doesnt help cause its on the smaller side so it makes the figure pinheaded.
So this OSK head helped as not only is it a better sculpt, its also a little bigger so it makes the proportions better.

Yes, definitely get a batman cape. It takes the figures to another level.
Also makes posing them easier.

Congrats, Remy!

I too really like this Kit head sculpt. I don't have the JL Supes but the MoS one and replaced that head with the kit one. Love how looks even more, now. Thinking of ordering a second one for the black suit Supes figure...

Thanks Fly.
I tested it also on my Mos and I agree with you, it looks great with it.
I did order another one of the 2nd batch and plan to use it on one of my MoS.

After having this JL figure now, I am also tempted to get the black suit Superman.
So I might have to get a 3rd one. Lol

Honestly though, this OSK head is a bargain.
You?re basically having the Prime 1 1/3 Superman head sculpt in 1/6 for $50.
It?s a steal.

Congrats on Supes, he looks awesome! That OSK head really improves the likeness.
Do you have any plans for upgrading Wonder Woman's head? In that trinity display, she does stick out a bit to me next to those near perfect Bats & Supes.

Congrats on Supes, he looks awesome! That OSK head really improves the likeness.
Do you have any plans for upgrading Wonder Woman's head? In that trinity display, she does stick out a bit to me next to those near perfect Bats & Supes.

Thanks man.
I would if the WW84 sculpt turns out great. I will only need the head as I am happy with the BvS figure.

As far as the ones that are currently available, the only one thats better for me is the Training Armor head, and that one still needs to be heavily modified to look like the one that goes with her default suit.
And in terms of custom heads, I havent really seen one that really pushes me to replace the BvS head. Some have better likeness but theres something about the ones Ive seen that havent really pushed me to pull the trigger to replace the BvS head.
Even though likeness is poor on the BvS head, Im actually quite content with it. I think its pretty, so I am kinda forgiving and Im ok with it for now.

If i do find one though later on that really would want me to upgrade her, I most certainly will.

Last edited:
OSK headsculpt looks great on MOS figure as well.

3iJu83w.jpg

Finally finished painting my Jaxon Studios JL Superman.
Overall, Im happy with the results. Need more practice painting heads to get better at it.

I really like this sculpt. It is significantly bigger than the stock or OSK head, so it kinda makes the proportions
of the JL figure better.
I also love the details of the face. Such as the contours of the cheeks, detailed hair sculpture, etc.
I know the nitpick on this sculpt is the high receding hairline. My guess, I think its because Jaxon originally sculpted
the BvS head first, and then later modified that sculpt's hair to look like JL. But it still has the high receding hairline.
I watched BvS again recently and with Cavill's hair slicked back, he does have a high hairline.
So although this has the hair parted like JL, it still makes the figure look more like BvS figure than JL.
I really love it though.

xGcmxZ8.jpg

xz2YpNX.jpg

Phs9uva.jpg

lcFYoAy.jpg

Back