Remy's Toys!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Remy's Toys! Hot Toys Rogue One Darth Vader & Updated ROTJ Luke

Got my late Xmas present. lol

Long story short, my fiance got a me figure I didnt want, from a misunderstanding that I wanted a figure I
was talking about with her.
Felt bad when I got it Xmas and had to tell her I didnt want the figure, lol.
I know, that was really hard cause I didnt want to hurt her feelings, but I'm also very picky on my collection.

So she let me return it and got me Asmus Frodo instead. Woo Hoo!
I love it.

Pretty much, I agree with what is already said on the Asmus Frodo thread. Sure, the eyes could have been lighter.
But for me personally, its just a nitpick.
Surprisingly, it doesnt bother me much.
I repainted the eyes on my Neca Smeagol cause that one, the cheap paintjob on eyes brought it down from being actually
almost a Hot Toys quality figure.

The eyes on Frodo though is well done, just pretty dark.
for the moment, I'm actually ok. Probably wont bother repainting it.

I do love the figure very much. The clothing, the overall quality of the figure looks amazing.
I've always felt my LOTR shelf is incomplete without Frodo.
Very glad to finally have him in the LOTR shelf.

q43lhRf.jpg

IHMxW7U.jpg

fvOenDm.jpg

Cewdppt.jpg

p0P7MrM.jpg

9iSQ1FG.jpg

Re: Remy's Toys! Hot Toys Asmus Frodo

Just catching up after a couple years away from the forum. So happy to come back here and see your photos and beautiful collection, I missed it!

Thanks buddy, and good to see you back.
Miss seeing your great pics as well.

Hope to see some new pics from you sometime. :)

A while back, I got the dx15 dio base.
Looks excellent with the dx06 base.
together, it almost looks like like a single base.

hU8tnhR.jpg

LI8J98Y.jpg

Re: Remy's Toys! Hot Toys 1st Ten year Anniv Concept Cap

took some time but i made it through.Amazing collection.I love how you turned individual pieces into diorama style showcases.And the detail in many of your backgrounds is an incredible feat in itself.Art on Art.Damn' cool.

took some time but i made it through.Amazing collection.I love how you turned individual pieces into diorama style showcases.And the detail in many of your backgrounds is an incredible feat in itself.Art on Art.Damn' cool.

Thank you soo much for the great compliment.
I've been kinda rearranging some of the figures lately, I'm gonna try to post more pics soon of the updated shelves.

Really appreciate the compliment. :)

Nice looking additions!

I really like that DX15 Sparrow dio base. Unfortunately, I just really have no interest in PotC. I used to have the AWE Jack, but I boxed him up to make room for other characters/figures. I like PotC, but not as much as other characters from other universes that I wanted to make room for so I could display.

Nice looking additions!

I really like that DX15 Sparrow dio base. Unfortunately, I just really have no interest in PotC. I used to have the AWE Jack, but I boxed him up to make room for other characters/figures. I like PotC, but not as much as other characters from other universes that I wanted to make room for so I could display.

Thanks man.
Maybe time to get another detolf to make room for Sparrow?

Lol, just kidding. I understand. My horror figures are currently boxed up, as I feel the same way towards those figures.
As much as I love them, I feel like they're more appropriate when its close to halloween. And that as far as displaying them constantly,
I just feel that sometimes, it looks out of place with my current display.

I still love the POTC movies and tend to watch them again every once in awhile.
The only thing about having both POTC bases displayed together, is that I'm forced to display Sparrow by himself, and much like you, I also dont have much room anymore.
I used to display Sparrow with two or three other figures.
But the bases just looks too cool displayed together, and in my opinion, looks like one of the best shelf on my display. Definitely have gotten a lot of huge thumbs up when we had
visitors come over. So it looks like I'm gonna have to leave it alone. lol

Thank you, and Happy Anniversary my friend!!! :)

Man, I'm so glad to see you're still around.
For awhile, I've been seeing lots of veterans leave the game. And not only leave, but post that they're completely getting out of the game
and selling all or most of their collection.
I remember seeing you post some stuff on the for sale thread, and thought, I hope he's not leaving also.

So glad to see you're still in the game, and your collection is better than ever!!! :duff

Thanks man.
Maybe time to get another detolf to make room for Sparrow?

Lol, just kidding. I understand. My horror figures are currently boxed up, as I feel the same way towards those figures.
As much as I love them, I feel like they're more appropriate when its close to halloween. And that as far as displaying them constantly,
I just feel that sometimes, it looks out of place with my current display.

I still love the POTC movies and tend to watch them again every once in awhile.
The only thing about having both POTC bases displayed together, is that I'm forced to display Sparrow by himself, and much like you, I also dont have much room anymore.
I used to display Sparrow with two or three other figures.
But the bases just looks too cool displayed together, and in my opinion, looks like one of the best shelf on my display. Definitely have gotten a lot of huge thumbs up when we had
visitors come over. So it looks like I'm gonna have to leave it alone. lol

I would definitely leave Sparrow as is. The DX06 and DX15 bases combined make for one heck of a display with the DX15 figure. I’m sure the same would go for the DX06 figure as well.

Figuremaster Vamp Lou Figure

Lestat: All I need to find you, Louis, is follow the corpses of rats...

Very nice figure.
Honestly, the main reason I got the exclusive version cause I just wanted to display the ponytailed head with the black suit.
I thought that if I was set on it, I can sell the long hair with the fullset clothing.
But now I think I like the regular set with the long hair better.
Was a pain fixing his hair though, I used hair wax to fix the hair.

I like it. I'm glad I caved and got the figure.

hE5MNXx.jpg

RHkR3rm.jpg

eLuX5H5.jpg

WmDwGjF.jpg

fufzdfF.jpg

Re: Remy's Toys! Figure Masters Vamp Lou

Nice combo with DraculA, I was gonna buy this, but felt it would be lonley and not fit my collection....

I said the same for Drac, and upcoming David, now seeing your display, I may have to get them all.

Thanks ......my wallet hurts.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

The exclusive black suit.
As much as I love this look also, and what was originally my only interest with this figure, I really dont have room for two Louis figure.
So I have other plans for this suit. lol

dSzk1N7.jpg

JEdlsjk.jpg

CjJ7GVX.jpg

Finally got a chance to upgrade my Jon Snow.
Special thanks to fellow board member Chilippe.
Its the vimal sculpt beautifully painted by JNIX.

AFNqvtd.jpg

Y31guAC.jpg

LrhmfYx.jpg

GLrvvky.jpg

pDu3V1v.jpg

Re: Remy's Toys! Threezero Jon Snow with Custom head

Decided to customize my Hot Toys RE6 Leon Kennedy.
The stock figure was nice, but it just lacked that certain oomph, to make it better.
Two things that I thought was lacking was the hair and jacket.

The hair on the figure was way too dark. Leon actually had a golden blondish hair in the game.
Then the jacket. The jacket looked too pleatherlike. Instead of looking like a real jacket.

Leon mostly looked like this in the game.

gyH2NSH.jpg

LEON BEFORE
The stock figure.

mmkc0YJ.jpg

CUSTOMIZED

I bought one of those custom RE6 Leon head and repainted the hair.
Then I repainted the jacket, gave it some detail to look more like a leather jacket.
I also repainted his shoes cause it also lacked detail.

9gsmcm8.jpg

GQIJOyM.jpg

SFURkVP.jpg

IJqo2En.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Remy's Toys! Customized Hot Toys RE6 Leon Kennedy

STEALTH 2.0
decided to repaint mine and added a blue hue. I wanted to make sure that its still a stealth suit
but as Captain America, I wanted it to have blue.
Repainted the helmet, and most of the suit, but I also kept a lot of things black to give him a two tone.

I really like it as I feel this can be Cap post Endgame. The Russo brothers said that they're sure Cap being heroic
still did some heroic duties, but not in the open. So it makes sense that he now drops the Captain America Red, white, and blue colors.
In the comics, there was a time where Steve was no longer Captain America and wore a black suit as "The Captain".

I like to think of my display as "The Reunion" of the big three. Back to normal slimmed down Thor...Steve Rogers "The Captain", and a much needed help from Tony Stark...pulled from another Elseworld. :)

7KRVjkD.jpg

Qz0Ipkt.jpg

96neuwX.jpg

LVRLfVN.jpg

1UK1Ski.jpg

p7IY6YZ.jpg

Uv3uGBm.jpg

2Dh1dsI.jpg

itHxFNu.jpg

AT47J6r.jpg

Re: Remy's Toys! Customized Hot Toys Captain America Repaint

As a collector of Hot Toys, earlier this month...I received my best Hot Toys ever...my wife. :)

ywNy1B2.jpg

1qWX3zj.jpg

L2QQdv4.jpg

5pYYihP.jpg

Back