Regal Robot Archive Collection Prop Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
E5749B35-18A9-46CC-89AA-23E50511550B.jpeg

“Our next 1:1 bust is a Tusken Raider, mastered with high resolution 3D scanning of the original artifact and brought to life in a mix of resin, fabric, leather and metal.”

4508AB8B-68DD-46CA-8319-F6DAD065AB36.jpeg

“Our first official prop replicas are two styles of Gaffi sticks, each with lineage to the original props.”

DED4427E-E0B4-44B0-825D-5C8A8C589E07.jpeg

“Our line of concept maquette replicas will be expanding over the coming quarters! Stay tuned for more!”

Last edited:
Cool but not for me. They are making life size gaffi sticks too.

One thing they are making that I will likely buy is the Rancor wall decor piece from the Sail Barge, apparently coming out next month.

images (16).jpeg

View attachment 579681

That’s on display as well.

Hmmm the Rancor piece is looking a bit too string beanish there, like too tall and thin compared to the Polaroid picture? But RR typically scans the actual props for these type of things and are sticklers for accuracy. I have no idea if that particular prop still exists for scan though?

Hmmm the Rancor piece is looking a bit too string beanish there, like too tall and thin compared to the Polaroid picture? But RR typically scans the actual props for these type of things and are sticklers for accuracy. I have no idea if that particular prop still exists for scan though?

FEA71F45-62B1-48E8-AA73-53DC2D3FF366.gif

I agree, it feels like an obscure enough piece that RR wouldn’t do it if they didn’t have access to the original prop, or at least some non publicly available reference materials.

It might just be perspective. The photo is from a top down/angled forward and the display piece is front/angled back.

Changed thread to reflect the entire Archive Collection line since they seem to have a lot ready to go already.

CA9B73FA-2504-4E0C-B6AD-45CCD435FFBA.jpeg

“Scanned off the original set dressing from inside Jabba the Hutt’s sail barge, our Rancor Corbel wall decor and magnet find inspiration in the details of our favorite films!”

@TurdFurgusonsHat - Scan confirmed.

Changed thread to reflect the entire Archive Collection line since they seem to have a lot ready to go already.

View attachment 579782

“Scanned off the original set dressing from inside Jabba the Hutt’s sail barge, our Rancor Corbel wall decor and magnet find inspiration in the details of our favorite films!”

@TurdFurgusonsHat - Scan confirmed.

Probably get both of those. Thanks for the update!

Love the maquettes and I’ll be adding all of those to my collection. I’m not a fan of the Tusken bust. It looks great from the neck up, but the torso fabric and leather pouches look to clean and don’t have that lived in Tatooine look.

No real interest in Tusken stuff so I’m good passing on the bust and gaffi stick. I’m mostly into the creatures and maquettes and find those to be fascinating replicas, I will continue to pick and choose on those. Like, if I want a Tusken bust or gaffi stick down the line I’ll just buy one from some other maker if it looks pretty good, and for way less cost. But you aren’t ever going to see a run of Bib Fortuna concept maquettes on the RPF or something, and even if you did it would never be remotely close to the original in sculpt or paint.

Most of the Regal Robot stuff is a little too niche for my tastes but I have to admit I love that Taun Taun head they make but I doubt I ever buy one. The one piece they made that I sometimes regret passing on is the Rancor. I love that creature but I balked at the price. It did cost way too much to be fair but in the end, it's only money :lol

The one piece they made that I sometimes regret passing on is the Rancor. I love that creature but I balked at the price. It did cost way too much to be fair but in the end, it's only money :lol
Look at it this way, it was a total steal at $3000 when you consider that the Tusken bust is going to be $3500 when it goes up for order this summer.

I did. Funny you ask, it's apparently being delivered today. It was supposed to be delivered Friday but FedEx can't keep a schedule. Looking forward to a relic/Easter egg from Jabba's Sail Barge.

Awesome! Well, not the FedEx part. They’re terrible.

Share a pic and your impressions when you’re able to. Curious to see how it turned out.

Awesome! Well, not the FedEx part. They’re terrible.

Share a pic and your impressions when you’re able to. Curious to see how it turned out.

Cell phone pic, my photography sucks. Here it is staged in a frame I thought looks like something that might be inside the Sail Barge. I was going try to replicate the brown shade of the Sail Barge as the background but quickly realized the Rancor color is too similar so went with the sand. The Rancor looks nicely done and is lighter in weight than I expected. I was thrilled when I saw RR was making this but I realize that it's a very niche item.

20220724_181427.jpg

Cell phone pic, my photography sucks. Here it is staged in a frame I thought looks like something that might be inside the Sail Barge. I was going try to replicate the brown shade of the Sail Barge as the background but quickly realized the Rancor color is too similar so went with the sand. The Rancor looks nicely done and is lighter in weight than I expected. I was thrilled when I saw RR was making this but I realize that it's a very niche item.

View attachment 590583

Looks excellent! Congrats on a beautiful piece. Turned out really well. Great idea with the frame.

Seems like something that would be very confusing to non-fan visitors to your home. Or even some fans. It is a deep cut.

“Nice uh… dog sculpture? It’s a pug, right?”

537EFB26-9E1C-48F4-92BB-4EF30F66DE69.gif

Looks excellent! Congrats on a beautiful piece. Turned out really well. Great idea with the frame.

Seems like something that would be very confusing to non-fan visitors to your home. Or even some fans. It is a deep cut.

“Nice uh… dog sculpture? It’s a pug, right?”

View attachment 590601

It's not one for the living room, that's for sure. I don't really have a spot for it at the moment but I'm still happy to have it. I mocked it up pretty quickly in that frame to see how it would look but if I were to display it that way it would take up quite a lot of valuable wall space.

Back