REDMAN Toys - Jack Torrance

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuGz

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all!!

I've been after a decent Jack Torrance figure for some time now. I noticed REDMAN is bring out a Jack Torrance.

Does anyone own this figure? What are your thoughts?

Please share some pictures also.

Thanks

Bri

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Hey all!!

I've been after a decent Jack Torrance figure for some time now. I noticed REDMAN is bring out a Jack Torrance.

Does anyone own this figure? What are your thoughts?

Please share some pictures also.

Thanks

Bri

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Hey Bri,

I've pre-ordered this one, as I believe it's the likeness that most closely resembles Nicholson to everything else out there, although it's clearly a recast of Rainman's HS. I have a Balloonman hs to swap out though. :wink1:

I'm slightly concerned that the entire aim of the company looks to be, re-casting Rainman headsculpts and full figures and then selling them at a budget price - I do appreciate they are aimed at a different market, but they have pretty much done exactly the same releases with Alex De Large, Daniel Plainview, Vincent & Jules from Pup Fiction, Blondie / Angle Eyes, both Gary Oldman Dracula figures and Bill 'The Butcher'.

Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but isn't the name also a bit of a ripoff?! :dunno

Hey Bri,

I've pre-ordered this one, as I believe it's the likeness that most closely resembles Nicholson to everything else out there, although it's clearly a recast of Rainman's HS. I have a Balloonman hs to swap out though. :wink1:

I'm slightly concerned that the entire aim of the company looks to be, re-casting Rainman headsculpts and full figures and then selling them at a budget price - I do appreciate they are aimed at a different market, but they have pretty much done exactly the same releases with Alex De Large, Daniel Plainview, Vincent & Jules from Pup Fiction, Blondie / Angle Eyes, both Gary Oldman Dracula figures and Bill 'The Butcher'.

Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but isn't the name also a bit of a ripoff?! :dunno

"although it's clearly a recast of Rainman's HS."...............this is why I will never buy from Redman. I will never support a thief.

I love how people say Redman is stealing from Rainman. I’m pretty sure Rainman didn’t get the rights for making a Jack Torrance figure from The Shining. I’m sure Jack Nicholson isn’t seeing any money from his likeness being used. I’m also sure Warner Bros. isn’t seeing a cut either. Same for the twin girls and the kid who played Danny.

I worded my post wrong. I'm not talking about money or licences. I'm saying he stole/copied...ect Rainmans sculpt. I'm not a great artist but I have done a lot of sculpting and it's hard work. I'd be upset if I worked hard and made one and someone got a hold of it and made a mold of it to sell, that's all. I don't know the whole situation so I shouldn't have said what I did. But, from what I have heard it just seems grimey....IMHO. Have a great week Freaks!

Present Toys is also releasing another Jack Torrance. Dont know if the head is a recast or not

Present-Toys-Shining-9.jpg

Yeah, and what about the Redman Shining Twins? (or the Django Dr Schultz, for that matter?).

Feels like Redman may have ceased to exist - I can't find any "recent" releases, and only a few announcements in last six months compared to their usual onslaught.

I emailed the store the store that I bought the figure from to see if they’d heard anything about this figure’s release. We shall see what they say in a few days.

Redman are still very much producing, they have released both Anton and Deckard. They've always been slow at producing.

I wish they'd hurry up and show that Freddie Mercury they teased on Facebook.

Back