Redman Toys 1/6 Tom - Top Gun Maverick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This seems to be releasing this upcoming week. Hopefully it's decent.

Even if the sculpt turns out bad, luckily the sunglasses can hide that and it can still come off as a passable Maverick.

I also PO'd the 1/12 version of Maverick (and Kawasaki bike).

I have never seen a really good young tom cruise top gun head sculpt. ALl I see are the older Tom Cruise heads.

I have never seen a really good young tom cruise top gun head sculpt. ALl I see are the older Tom Cruise heads.

I have one from JinToy and looks great. He also just announced an older "Maverick" head sculpt that looks fantastic, as well.

Jin Toys Maverick.jpg

jintoy.com He has his own site. Several excellent sculpts are available.
Is the Jintoy version the same as the Redman? Is the Redman actually out yet and does anyone have it or know of live reviews on it?

Many ebay sellers showing it in stock after being preorder only forever...
Thank you!

Is the Jintoy version the same as the Redman? Is the Redman actually out yet and does anyone have it or know of live reviews on it?

Many ebay sellers showing it in stock after being preorder only forever...
Thank you!
I don't think so. From the picture, looks like Redman recast it from another sculpt, not JinToy

Update: I had messaged an ebay seller that has it in-hand and he sent me pics of the finished product and packaging which I'll post in a few minutes.

PXL_20221020_185700001_2.jpg
Just got it, looks pretty good. Paint app is better than expected. That neck area is a mess. Shirt will not sit high enough to cover neck connector.

This looks good, but the neck are sucks. Find a tighter white shirt.

I must get it though. For parts and well its tom Cruise. That head must be replaced.

For a quick fix, i put the T-shirt on backwards, to help hide the neck. It's not perfect, but it's an improvement. I also used a smaller body, the Threezero Jon Snow body. The stock body is far too tall for TC.

s-l1600.jpg

I have made some shoulder pad to rise the reverse-shirt also, and it's better, not perfect but better

before
tom_before.JPEG

After
tom_after.JPEG

Isn't there another 3rd party that is going to be releasing a similar looking Maverick soon?

Back