Ready for an Angel announcement, tonight?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That expression is fantastic. The first Angel was killer, but this is so much better.

Here's hoping he's got his wrist stakes!

There's no way they'll leave out the wrist stakes.

I hate to say it, but I'll probably have to pass on this one. I've got so much stuff pre-ordered already, I just don't think I can drop another $50 for a figure that's going to be very similar to one I already have.

SideshowDusty said:
Seriously guys, this Angel rocks hard. I love Buffy and Angel and this figure has one of the best likenesses of David Boreanaz I've ever seen (and I'm not just saying that because I work for Sideshow)! It's like a perfect mini-Angel :banana

I totally agree Dusty! I thought the first one was great but this one captures Angel even more. I just love the expression!! I actually think this sculpt would look better in the 'Becoming' outfit that the first Angel is wearing. I wasn't sure if I'd want to get another Angel figure with a similar looking outfit to the one I already have but this looks different enough for me that it's worth it - now, when can we pre-order!!!

Wow! He looks better then the first two. I was going to pass since I have the Buffy one but now I think I might have to order this one. He looks like the quintessential Angel figure. :clap

heres another(thumbnail) pic found on sideshow

2025.gif

Very, very nice. After all was said and done I'm really happy with the monsters in the Buffy line but not so much with the humans. But this looks excellent, right up there with CSM from the X-files.

Answer: YES. I need a definative angel, as in dark, leather coat... We have had one but i missed out as alot of others have too. Yes theres been Vamp and Liam, but for me this is whatIve been waiting for. And I hope it comes with great accessories.

I hope sideshow are doing this with all their new lines, as in LOTS of accessories. Maybe use the same box as the the new 12" lines for extra accessory space. I really hope they dont skimp out on accessories. Come on Sidehsow! continue to amaze!!!:D :joy

Fantastic likeness. I cannot wait to pick this one up! Bring on the wrist-stakes!

SideshowDusty said:
Seriously guys, this Angel rocks hard. I love Buffy and Angel and this figure has one of the best likenesses of David Boreanaz I've ever seen (and I'm not just saying that because I work for Sideshow)! It's like a perfect mini-Angel :banana

You're just saying that because he's hot.

Sculpt is amazing. This one is taking the place of my Buffy version Angel. I don't think I've ever seen a sculpt that was a more representative likeness of an actual person in any scale. Again, amazing.
Wonder what the exclusive will be for this one? Episode specific?

The most impressive thing about this sculpt (by Oluf?) is how well it holds up to an enlargement in the teaser photo; Usually not the case, whether 1:6 or 1:4.

I also think it has a palpable Angelus vibe going for it, and as others have pointed out, would look great in "Becoming" Angel's duds.

The newsletter reports that it is episode-specific from "City of...," so as others have previously requested, let's see the wrist-stake launchers, with Real Wrist-Stake Launching Action!

I really didn't think I'd be interested in another human Angel, but this figure is a must-buy.

Great job! Now bring on the bad guys!

cryrsvl.jpg

The key will be keeping the texture and detail in the skin. That's what takes a sculpt like this from "looks good" to "looks REAL". I have high hopes!

I was just outbid this pass month on Ebay for Sideshow's first Angel effort. And BOY I'M I SURE GLAD I WAS!!! That Angel is STUNNING! And Dusty, you say it's the production head and NOT a prototype?

:google :horror :google :horror WOW:google :horror :google :horror

I thought for sure since SS already had three version of Angel already circulating that he would not come up for awhile. I'm glad I was wrong!:banana

thamesvalidude said:
Looks excellent, but the question is:

Do I need a fourth Angel????:confused:

I don't usually do doubles of the same character. I have the first Angel SS released and I had no plans whatsoever in getting another, but if the sculpt looks as good as it does in the pic, then I will. The sculpt in the pic looks like how I thought the first figure should look. The thinner face, half smirk... But I'm not preordering him or anything. I'll wait until I see him in person first.

Back