RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aquaman - 6/10
Just mindless fun. I like Jason Momoa in the title role. I'm wondering if he'll remain part of the new DCU. I love the designs of the underwater society and creatures.

Dead Man's Shoes - 8/10
An awesome revenge film. Very low budget, but it suits the film I think. Hadn't seen it in years. Remains a powerful film and highly recommended.

Aquaman - 6/10
Just mindless fun. I like Jason Momoa in the title role. I'm wondering if he'll remain part of the new DCU. I love the designs of the underwater society and creatures.

Dead Man's Shoes - 8/10
An awesome revenge film. Very low budget, but it suits the film I think. Hadn't seen it in years. Remains a powerful film and highly recommended.
Dead Man's Shoes is awesome. Parry Considine is absolutely terrifying in that movie.

Murder on the Orient Express (2017) - 6/10

Was decent. Set design and costumes were great, acting is fine, editing a bit haphazard. Poirot's 'tache looked fake.

Everything Everywhere All at Once 6/10

So much hype around this movie, even a BP Oscar frontrunner, but I wasn't a huge fan. Overall it was just too absurd and rather stupid in places. It was a decent message, but it was just a bit weird for me. I think the performances were decent, but all have been overhyped with this film.

Nothing about the film grabbed me. It had its moments but I felt like it was beating tropes to death that I've been overly familiar with since reading Robert Anton Wilson (and any number of other sci-fi and comics writers) since I was a teenager. I can barely remember the story weeks later, it came off as an incoherent mess to me. Best Picture? Get outta here, man.

Yeah I wasn’t overly keen on it the first time but ended up seeing it again a second time and it played much better. It does pack a lot in and it’s easy to get overwhelmed by it the first time.

That's interesting, but I'm not sure I want to give it my time again.

Goodfella’s 8.5/10

I LOVE the first half of the film. classic gangster stuff. The unfortunate reality in this film is the drugs come in and the crime becomes very ugly and brutal. Thats how it really happened.

So it tough to watch all the murder and bad choices lead to absolute destruction. These days watching characters destroy themselves is not that enjoyable to me.

The Pale Blue Eye - 8/10

Good detective thriller, tremendous atmosphere. A cold chill ran through me as I watched this, probably more due to the winter visuals.

I hated Riri the wannabe Iron Man. . .Martin Freeman had a fun part in the original and actually did something. Here he was wasted.
I enjoyed this movie, but agree with you on these points. Though both were used to move the McGuffin forward, they seemed shoehorned in and didn't add anything that important to the film in my opinion.

I enjoyed this movie, but agree with you on these points. Though both were used to move the McGuffin forward, they seemed shoehorned in and didn't add anything that important to the film in my opinion.
The whole storyline of the CIA having a vibranium-detection-machine, but not have any blueprints on how to make it was a bit unbelievable to begin with. But then we learn that only the creator of this original machine can make a new one. And then the creator turns out to be this wunderkind, working from some garage in Chicago instead of a CIA funded superlab. Oh and she also has an Iron Man suit that was apparently her life's work.

I also hated the scene where they showed us hammering on her armor like Tony Stark did in the original Iron Man. Probably meant as a fun sort of reflection of the original scene, but felt really jarring because Iron Man has been replaced by superior child.

Goodfella’s 8.5/10

I LOVE the first half of the film. classic gangster stuff. The unfortunate reality in this film is the drugs come in and the crime becomes very ugly and brutal. Thats how it really happened.

So it tough to watch all the murder and bad choices lead to absolute destruction. These days watching characters destroy themselves is not that enjoyable to me.
Uncut Gems was like that for me. Certainly a good film but watching someone repeatedly squander every opportunity to repair his life until the inevitable happens was tough to watch.

Wakanda Forever
*Eh*. Could have been a lot better, so many moments that opened and just ditched. Not horrible but not great, glad I didn't pay theater price.
6/10

Uncut Gems was like that for me. Certainly a good film but watching someone repeatedly squander every opportunity to repair his life until the inevitable happens was tough to watch.
Yeah, he was just really stupid after a while …I hate scammers, deal with his type daily so I was not really surprised at the end.

Finch: 7/10

Hard to go wrong pairing one of the most likable actors in history with a dog and a robot for him to teach. In some ways the story is pretty straightforward and conventional, but I was expecting some plot points that didn't pan out. The ending was quite sweet. Worth checking out. I didn't even know this existed until I got an Apple TV subscription with my phone contract.

Tried to watch "Babylon"....made it about 19 minutes.

Everything you've read about this movie is true: it's absolutely wretched. The guy that directed La La Land must have believed his own hype and thought he was hot ****....he's not. He desperately tries to be PT Anderson and fails spectacularly.

Truly unwatchable. Margot Robbie is like nails on a chalkboard from the moment she appears. I have no idea how anyone managed to sit through three hours of this. This movie is a complete disaster.
Whiplash was great. Completely different kind of movie, though.

I grow weary of these movies about movies.

Predator Prey. Pretty enjoyable, even though that was a rather ugly looking Predator compared to the ones from the first two movies. Some nice action scenes, overall a decent installment in the Predator franchise - unlike that "The Predator" garbage. My only criticism would be how amazingly long the humans last and how stupidly the Predator dies - but that seems a factor in every Predator movie.

Finally watched that new Elvis movie. The actor really is fantastic in the role, but despite being 3 hours long it feels like the movie still speeds through his life way too fast, making it hard to make any emotional connection with him.

But for the performance alone I'd still give it a 7/10.

Napoleon Dynamite - 7/10
It's a silly movie, but I really like it. It really has a lot of heart, feels like it's taking place in a simpler time and place and is just a fun escape.

Watchmen (Ultimate Cut) - 9/10
Whenever I think of comicbookmovies or superheromovies, this one always slips my mind for some reason. And that while being one of my favourites. I love pretty much everything about it.
I always thought it sucked HT never finished their Watchmen Line. I'd love for them to make a Nite Owl 2 figure.

Napoleon Dynamite - 7/10
It's a silly movie, but I really like it. It really has a lot of heart, feels like it's taking place in a simpler time and place and is just a fun escape.

Watchmen (Ultimate Cut) - 9/10
Whenever I think of comicbookmovies or superheromovies, this one always slips my mind for some reason. And that while being one of my favourites. I love pretty much everything about it.
I always thought it sucked HT never finished their Watchmen Line. I'd love for them to make a Nite Owl 2 figure.
I'm not sure if you are aware, but soosootoys has been doing some very nice, high quality watchmen figures. Hot toys quality based on the rorschach I have. They are supposedly doing night owl.

Back