RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything Everywhere All at Once: 7.5/10

Really fun, incentive movie with heart and a lot to relate to. Much funnier than I was expecting. Ratacooney was fantastic. Not sure it is best picture worthy, but really good.

Hereditary; 7/10

Creepy as hell. Ending was pretty out there, but the bleak tone and acting were very well done.

Perseus has a Danny McBride mullet and a lame son, Gemma Arterton isn't around, Alexa Davalos has been replaced with Rosemund Pike. But both Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes are back. Toby Kebbell and Bill Nighy join the cast and there are new and different monsters and creatures around that still look pretty cool. The locations feel a bit more bland, but yeah I'd say it's worth a watch.
The Zues and Hades stuff was OK however the rest was very average.

Saw M3gan and was very disapointed. So much potential and not much of anything going on throughout the entire movie. Also, the two best scenes were in the trailer

The Green Knight: 7/10

Extremely well made take on the classic poem. Moody and disturbing.

The Northman: 8/10

A masterfully made film. I'm a fan of Eggers, and this may be the best film I've seen of his. Epic story.
Totally agree about The Northman. I consider myself an Eggers fan as well and I think The Northman might be the most accessible of his films and most likely the one that is the easiest to rewatch. I find I need to be in the mood to watch The VVitch and The Lighthouse.

I can't say I liked The Green Knight. But that's maybe because I expected something different entirely and had no prior knowledge about the poem. Might have to give it another shot someday, see if my opinion can be changed.

I saw this with my daughter, and agree that it was quite good. Some humor was surprisingly adult, with lots of bleeped cuss words. I liked how the animation style shifted during action scenes.
I was surprised at the amount of bleeped words. :horror:lol

I found the funniest moments to be the phoenix flamethrower and Jiminy Cricket. :lol

Banshees of Irisherin 8.5/10

Beautiful film, had me laughing and had me in tears.
It's been two weeks since I saw it and I can't get it out of my mind. It really was a great film and now it lives rent free in my head. I can't wait to get it on Blu Ray.
What type of mood warrants a re-watch of The Lighthouse? :lol
The feeling lonely and in an existential crisis kinda mood, I guess. :lol

Eight For Silver - errr.... 8 out of 10

I've dying to see this since it was first shown at Sundance a couple of years ago. Directed, written and lensed by Sean Ellis and starring Boyd Holbrook and Kelly Reilly.

Werewolf story set in the late nineteenth century in France. Very atmospheric with some excellent direction and acting. There's some great gore FX and the beasts are well realised, although I wasn't a fan of the werewolf design. The story is very good though with some interesting ideas and imagery throughout. It's just a shame that for the past 40 years nobody has been able to beat the werewolves from An American Werewolf In London and The Howling.

What type of mood warrants a re-watch of The Lighthouse? :lol
I can be in that kind of mood, but if I'm particularly nihilistic I I may prefer to watch Ingmar Bergman or an Adam Sandler produced movie or something. In my late teens I traded in a bunch of thrash metal CDs to get a Billie Holiday album, and later regretted it, because sometimes you will find yourself in that kind of mood. . .

Barbarian - 7/10
Definitely not what I expected, but a great horrorfilm nonetheless. I figured Bill Skarsgard's character would be the murderer, pretending to be lost in the tunnels to lure the girl in. I was not expecting (or ready for) this misformed, breastfeeding naked lady.)

Tried to watch "Babylon"....made it about 19 minutes.

Everything you've read about this movie is true: it's absolutely wretched. The guy that directed La La Land must have believed his own hype and thought he was hot ****....he's not. He desperately tries to be PT Anderson and fails spectacularly.

Truly unwatchable. Margot Robbie is like nails on a chalkboard from the moment she appears. I have no idea how anyone managed to sit through three hours of this. This movie is a complete disaster.

Tár - 8/10

This one was interesting. I was expecting a whiplash-esque kinda story going into this blind, but got something pretty different. Cate Blanchett does really well toeing a fine line of being a protagonist that you want to succeed but fail at the same time :lol As you learn more and more about her you start to appreciate her downfall a bit more. That said she's still very much played as a true person. Not all good, not all bad.

Some reviews stated it has a slow wind up to it, but I wasn't bored during any of it. Give it a shot if you want a kinda tense drama/character study.

Saw M3gan and was very disapointed. So much potential and not much of anything going on throughout the entire movie. Also, the two best scenes were in the trailer

Took my horror-loving kid to this without knowing too much about it. It struggled tonally and the writing/acting was poor. Neither of us enjoyed it. It got us out of the summer heat that day but that's about all it had going for it.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - 4/10
Skipped this at the theatre and watched it on Disney+ yesterday. This movie is about grief, loss and how to come to terms with those feelings. And during the movie I kinda came to my own terms regarding the loss of the MCU. It became clear to me that the failing resuscitation (bordering on necromancy) that is Phase IV didn't work. There was a slight heartbeat with No Way Home, but it flatlined again soon after. The MCU died with Endgame and they should've let it rest in peace after that.

All the major players who carried the Infinity Saga either died, got old or were turned into silly charicatures of themselves, waiting to be replaced by superior children.

I guess you could say I'm getting older and interests might be shifting, but I can guarantee you that if there was a new Captain America film starring Chris Evans and directed by the Russo's I'd be there on opening night. But, while watching Wakanda Forever I decided the only Marvel movie I still want to watch at the cinema is Guardians 3. The rest I will catch sometime on Disney+ if I feel like it.

As for Wakanda Forever... it wasn't for me. I thought the movie was dumb. I get that they wanted to pay tribute to Chadwick Boseman and it's a sad affair, but there wasn't any fun in the movie. I hated Namor, didn't like the actor playing him either, his minions were afwul as well. If I want to see blue people frolicking around in the water I'll watch Avatar 2 again. I hated Riri the wannabe Iron Man and Shuri wasn't a good Black Panther. Martin Freeman had a fun part in the original and actually did something. Here he was wasted.
Everything looked boring. From the technological marvel that should be Wakanda to the very dark and dull looking underwater city of the Namorpeople that should be full of wonder. Aquaman really did that a lot better. (Come to think of it, I might watch that again today. While also dumb, it's at least a lot of fun.) The endbattle on a boring patch of 100 square feet of desert was lame as hell. The best parts of the movie were Okoye and M'Baku and they were really underutilized.

Anyways, I'm starting to ramble and this rant has been long enough.

Glass Onion: 7/10

Watchable film where some great actors chew the fat.

Saw the ending a mile away, as my brain was not fooled into believing what I was told.

Back