RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wrong Turn (2021) - 4/10
I was expecting the mutant inbreds, but they took a different turn (pun intended) with this one. The problem was that the protagonists were a real bunch of d-bags. Therefore I didn't care about any of them surviving, so that kinda takes away the thrill of a survival horror film.
I know what you mean. It didn't turn out as expected...😏

The ending was done well though.

Men - 1/10 - Pointless. Makes no sense. One of the worst films I've watched.

The Black Phone - 6/10 - Decent horror/ thriller. Creepy at times. Have to look over very obvious plot holes and just go with it to enjoy it.

Mortal Engines - 7/10
First time I saw this. I skipped it back when it came out and never really gotten around to watching it. Netflix added it over here last week, so now I took the chance to take a look. I was pleasantly surprised actually. The story was ok, but I really liked the designs of the cities, airships and tech. Definitely something I'd watch again.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - 4/5
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 4.5/5
War for the Planet of the Apes - 3.5/5

Almost watched them all back to back last night but got an hour into War and saw it was 3am lol. Great films that I have not seen since War went to theaters

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - 4/5
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 4.5/5
War for the Planet of the Apes - 3.5/5

Almost watched them all back to back last night but got an hour into War and saw it was 3am lol. Great films that I have not seen since War went to theaters
Dawn is one of my top tem of th decade.

Conan the Barbarian (1982) - 10/10
One of few movies I'll give a perfect score. I love everything about this film. The characters, story, setting, the epic score, even some of the cheesy acting adds to it's atmosphere. It almost feels like two movies in one, the second one starting when they meet King Osric.
I would've absolutely loved HT picking up this license back in the day when they were on their Arnold streak. I would've gladly bought Conan, Valeria, Subotai and Thulsa Doom in a heartbeat. But too bad it never happened. And it never will now... :monkey2

Day Shift (7/10) - Better than expected and a fun vampire movie.
Venom: Let There Be Carnage (5/10) - Utter garbage and worst than the first movie.
The Gray Man (7.5/10) - Decent action movie, but nothing fantastic or original.

My brother thinks it's too up its own arse but I'm with you on this one. Terrific film.
I never thought that. I used to think it was too long, but it covers so much scope and territory that 3hrs just whizzes by now. And i used to think Pacino did his usual shtick. And he does, but he does it so well and it’s a perfect compliment to DeNiro. Looking forward to the book (and film).

Heat (4K) -9.5/10
I’m coming around to the conclusion that this is one of the greatest films ever made

So, I love this film, but objectively, I love it mostly for the non Pacino/Diniro moments.

While they are good, its the rest of the cast that really make this film. The whole love story part of the film is very thin and annoying. Especially Pacinos romantic issues. The Diniro one is slightly better handled, but once again, the female actress is just way miscast, and unrealistic to me.

They had a good idea with showing the robber having to leave his love, but the romance just didnt sell to me.

Val’s story was a much better encapsulation of both issues that were being faced by the leads…

They should have just out more time into that story, and of course, the serial killer angle of the temp robber….

Last edited:
Back