RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thor: The Dark World - 6/10
If only this had a decent villain in it

Wild Things 7/10
Looks great in 4K. Ahem.

300 7/10
Had never seen this before. Surprised how good it was. Butler is fantastic.

Nocturnal Animals - 7/10

Had never seen a Tom Ford movie before, but after watching interviews with the guy, it's very "him." Stylish, provocative, dark, and just a smidge pretentious (thankfully it earns the right to be).

Fantastic performances. Jake Gyllenhaal does a great job as always, but the standouts for me are Michael Shannon and Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

Wild Things 7/10
Looks great in 4K. Ahem
:lol

EBC72xw.gif

(I know, different film)

Was going to check out Rings of Power this weekend, but I couldn't resist starting Pam & Tommy first. Given that it's from the director of I, Tonya, the potential to see something good was a little higher. :lol

I'd heard about Pamela Anderson and the tape fiasco growing up, but didn't know the details since I was still eating dirt in the year when the story broke. What a tale. Sebastian Stan does a great job as Tommy, but Lily James absolutely crushes it as Pam. To say they transformed is an understatement.

Also interesting that it's a '90s period piece with the still-young Internet being a key plot point. The capacity to go viral was there, but people didn't yet understand what that meant or how it actually worked. I'd like to think this is the reason why so many initial reactions to the leak (correction: theft) were, well, troglodytic, but sadly we know that's not the case.

Between this, The Bear and Prey, Hulu's been the most interesting content provider of 2022 for me. Will be watching Dopesick on it as well, which will no doubt seal the deal.

Last edited:
Was going to check out Rings of Power this weekend, but I couldn't resist starting Pam & Tommy first. Given that it's from the director of I, Tonya, the potential to see something good was a little higher. :lol

I'd heard about Pamela Anderson and the tape fiasco growing up, but didn't know the details since I was still eating dirt in the year when the story broke. What a tale. Sebastian Stan does a great job as Tommy, but Lily James absolutely crushes it as Pam. To say they transformed is an understatement.

Also interesting that it's a '90s period piece with the still-young Internet being a key plot point. The capacity to go viral was there, but people didn't yet understand what that meant or how it actually worked. I'd like to think this is the reason why so many initial reactions to the leak (correction: theft) were, well, troglodytic, but sadly we know that's not the case.

Between this, The Bear and Prey, Hulu's been the most interesting content provider of 2022 for me. Will be watching Dopesick on it as well, which will no doubt seal the deal.
Dopesick is a great show! I really liked that one. Pam and Tommy was really good as well, I agree.

Pam and Tommy is one of my favorite things I’ve watched this year, those actors are amazing and it’s one of those so funny it must be true stories.

Hellraiser - 8/10
I've seen a whole lot of movies, including horrormovies from a young age. (Some would say too young :lol). But this one always eluded me. I found it to be an unsettling watch, but in a good way. A horror film should invoke certain feelings. I loved the practical effects, especially early on in the film before the budget ran out. The score was great as well. Very haunting.

Phil Tippett's MAD GOD - 6/10

An absolutely beautiful go-motion animated film that sadly starts tripping over its own feet at about the halfway mark in terms of plot progression. Worth watching simply for how lovingly crafted it is (although the more recently made segments definitely stand out as being of a lesser quality), but it definitely outstays its welcome a bit.

Northman 9/10-
filled with all sorts of awesome Robert Eggers weirdness and a great cast. Fantastic atmosphere with a relatively straight forward revenge tale. Great brutality, do recommend.

Black phone 8/10-
From director scott derrickson (sinister, dr.strange)
very enjoyable thriller/semi supernatural tale starring Ethan Hawke. Decent little plot gimmick and a cool 1970s background make for an overall solid movie. Big Stephen King vibes if that's your jam.

Northman 9/10-
filled with all sorts of awesome Robert Eggers weirdness and a great cast. Fantastic atmosphere with a relatively straight forward revenge tale. Great brutality, do recommend.

Black phone 8/10-
very enjoyable thriller/semi supernatural tale starring Ethan Hawke. Decent little plot gimmick and a cool 1970s background make for an overall solid movie. Big Stephen King vibes if that's your jam.
Awesome. I’ve got The Northman lined up for this week.

X-Men: First Class 8/10
Has its problems like the casting of Emma Frost but possibly my favorite X-Men film (outside of Logan of course).

Halloween Kills 6/10
Ok I guess, more of the same plus too much modern explanatory storytelling.

Face/Off 8/10
Love it, love it, love it.

Fighting With My Family 7/10
Fun but slight. Worth it for Florence Pugh.

Iron Man 2 6/10
Problematic but underrated

Tango & Cash 6/10
I keep watching this thinking it’s some kind of masterpiece but it isn’t. Worth it though for Brion James’ ridiculous accent and Jack Palance.

Body Parts 6/10
Haven’t seen this for the longest time. Generally a big fan of Eric Red’s early scripts and Cohen and Tate and while this has some interesting ideas the whole villain aspect doesn’t really work for me.

Northman 9/10-

Black phone 8/10-
I loved The Northman. A very underrated film if you ask me, but then again; Eggers isn't for everybody. There were people leaving the theatre halfway through when I went to see it. I guess they expected more of a Vikings kinda thing.

The Black Phone sounds very interesting as well. I'll have to watch it soon.

Tango & Cash 6/10
I keep watching this thinking it’s some kind of masterpiece but it isn’t.
I know what you mean. There are a handful of movies that fit into that mold for me. Based on the time they were released, premise, casting, tone, or general approach you expect it to be a homerun, and can fool yourself into thinking that even after seeing it, but it just doesn't really hit the mark. One for me is Near Dark. Mid-80s, includes some of the best actors from Aliens (and the performances from Paxton and Henriksen are great in this film), is a moody and sometimes extremely violent, modern vampire story, directed by Kathryn Bigalow. I want to love it, and can sometimes fool myself into thinking I do. But deep down I know it isn't that fulfilling and doesn't live up to its potential.

Iron Man 2 6/10
Problematic but underrated

I don't like a lot of the Marvel shows, but I'd watch one of Justin Hammer.

I'd give anything to see Trevor Slattery/Fake Mandarin, Korg/Miek, Rocket and Justin Hammer in a TV show together just chewing up scenery.

Which brings me back to Thor Love And Thunder, if Taika wanted a comedy, and if he replaced Portman and Thompson with Sam Rockwell, how much better would that movie be....

Back