RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Help Support Collector Freaks:

The Entity

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
R.I.P.D. - 6/10
It's not a good movie. I watched it years ago when it came out and didn't really like it. Saw it was on Netflix yesterday and figured I'd give it another chance. I enjoyed it quite a bit. CGI was a bit iffy and Ryan Reynolds is just Ryan Reynolds again, but nevertheless I liked it. Jeff Bridges stole the show.

punisher1974

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Reaction score
R.I.P.D. - 6/10
It's not a good movie. I watched it years ago when it came out and didn't really like it. Saw it was on Netflix yesterday and figured I'd give it another chance. I enjoyed it quite a bit. CGI was a bit iffy and Ryan Reynolds is just Ryan Reynolds again, but nevertheless I liked it. Jeff Bridges stole the show.
Bridges really made the movie for me too. He was having a great time in the role.

a-dev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Reaction score
Don't Look Up- enjoyed immensely/10

There will be scenes and lines that hit me in the middle of the day and I just start laughing. I enjoyed everyone's performance and it just gets funnier the more I think about it.
I thought DiCaprio's rant when he finally can't take it anymore was hilarious.

choombaz

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
The Big Boss 7/10
Started on the Criterion box set with this. Don’t think I’d ever seen this one before and really impressed by it. For a low budget exploitation film from the early seventies it looks terrific. Writing, acting is what you would expect for a film of this type but we come for the fighting and it is brilliant. They hold back on Bruce for a bit too good effect. Surprised by how violent it was, probably more so than say Enter The Dragon. Also surprised by the amount of sex and nudity in it as well. But it’s a lot of popcorn fun.

greygoose

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Reaction score
Scream (2022) - 8/10
I really enjoyed this. Full on meta and does it so well. The kills are gory and Ghostface feels like a real threat.
Highly recommend it to fans of the franchise.

The Entity

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Follow Me - 3/19
It started out a bit like Escape Room (by the same director) which was an ok watch. But this movie is all over the place. It builds up too slow and when things finally start happening it moves too fast. It ends up being like a crossover of Escape Room, Saw and Hostel which doesn't work. In the very end it became kinda interesting again, would've liked to have seen the full aftermath of that, but unfortunately it ended right then and there.

Sidewinder

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
The Lost Daughter - 4/10

Maggie Gyllenhaal's directional debut and it was a slog to get through. Great performances by Olivia Coleman as Leda and also Jessie Buckley as young Leda aren't enough to salvage this film. It was incredibly bizarre with no real payoff at the end. One of those films that is made as Oscar bait for the performers. Not a film I would ever watch again.

abake

Rex Tremendae Majestatis
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Been busy …

Freaky - 7/10 most modern horror films have been leaving me cold lately but this is a lot of fun. Nothing particularly new but really well made. Vince Vaughn is particularly good.

The Outsiders - 8/10 this one is a rose colored glasses thing. I read and watched this when I was maybe 13 and had a lasting impact on me. Incredibly well directed, obviously, by Coppola and the cast is extraordinary.

Judas The Black Messiah - 7.5/10 really terrific film about Fred Hampton who was Black Panthers chair in Illinois. Daniel Kaluuya is extraordinary in the role.

Beverly Hills Cop 3 4/10 - absolute rubbish. Only the first one is a great film. Only watch it for the ridiculous George Lucas cameo!

Promising Young Woman 8/10 - one of the best films of last year. Confronting stuff about toxic behavior and lots of other things as well. Bowled over seeing Clancy Brown play an utterly normal dad!

Rear Window 9/10 - classic. The 4K is a bit disappointing, too many poor looking shots.

The French Dispatch - 7/10 too much like Grand Budapest Hotel but still incredibly entertaining.
Gotta watch The Outsiders again, although I remember being more impressed with Rumble Fish. That one really blew me away.
And I've been wanting to watch Promising Young Woman for a while now, will see if it's streaming anywhere.

choombaz

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Gotta watch The Outsiders again, although I remember being more impressed with Rumble Fish. That one really blew me away.
And I've been wanting to watch Promising Young Woman for a while now, will see if it's streaming anywhere.

Yeah agree, artistically Rumble Fish is much more interesting, I love Stewart Copeland’s score.
I watched PYW on Amazon Prime.

xipotec

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Encanto: 8/10. Great Disney magic. Great family story and absolutely INCREDIBLE animation and songs..

John Leguizamo is literally perfect as Bruno.