RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R.I.P.D. - 6/10
It's not a good movie. I watched it years ago when it came out and didn't really like it. Saw it was on Netflix yesterday and figured I'd give it another chance. I enjoyed it quite a bit. CGI was a bit iffy and Ryan Reynolds is just Ryan Reynolds again, but nevertheless I liked it. Jeff Bridges stole the show.
Bridges really made the movie for me too. He was having a great time in the role.

Don't Look Up- enjoyed immensely/10

There will be scenes and lines that hit me in the middle of the day and I just start laughing. I enjoyed everyone's performance and it just gets funnier the more I think about it.
I thought DiCaprio's rant when he finally can't take it anymore was hilarious.

The Big Boss 7/10
Started on the Criterion box set with this. Don’t think I’d ever seen this one before and really impressed by it. For a low budget exploitation film from the early seventies it looks terrific. Writing, acting is what you would expect for a film of this type but we come for the fighting and it is brilliant. They hold back on Bruce for a bit too good effect. Surprised by how violent it was, probably more so than say Enter The Dragon. Also surprised by the amount of sex and nudity in it as well. But it’s a lot of popcorn fun.

Scream (2022) - 8/10
I really enjoyed this. Full on meta and does it so well. The kills are gory and Ghostface feels like a real threat.
Highly recommend it to fans of the franchise.

Follow Me - 3/19
It started out a bit like Escape Room (by the same director) which was an ok watch. But this movie is all over the place. It builds up too slow and when things finally start happening it moves too fast. It ends up being like a crossover of Escape Room, Saw and Hostel which doesn't work. In the very end it became kinda interesting again, would've liked to have seen the full aftermath of that, but unfortunately it ended right then and there.

The Lost Daughter - 4/10

Maggie Gyllenhaal's directional debut and it was a slog to get through. Great performances by Olivia Coleman as Leda and also Jessie Buckley as young Leda aren't enough to salvage this film. It was incredibly bizarre with no real payoff at the end. One of those films that is made as Oscar bait for the performers. Not a film I would ever watch again.

Been busy …

Freaky - 7/10 most modern horror films have been leaving me cold lately but this is a lot of fun. Nothing particularly new but really well made. Vince Vaughn is particularly good.

The Outsiders - 8/10 this one is a rose colored glasses thing. I read and watched this when I was maybe 13 and had a lasting impact on me. Incredibly well directed, obviously, by Coppola and the cast is extraordinary.

Judas The Black Messiah - 7.5/10 really terrific film about Fred Hampton who was Black Panthers chair in Illinois. Daniel Kaluuya is extraordinary in the role.

Beverly Hills Cop 3 4/10 - absolute rubbish. Only the first one is a great film. Only watch it for the ridiculous George Lucas cameo!

Promising Young Woman 8/10 - one of the best films of last year. Confronting stuff about toxic behavior and lots of other things as well. Bowled over seeing Clancy Brown play an utterly normal dad!

Rear Window 9/10 - classic. The 4K is a bit disappointing, too many poor looking shots.

The French Dispatch - 7/10 too much like Grand Budapest Hotel but still incredibly entertaining.
Gotta watch The Outsiders again, although I remember being more impressed with Rumble Fish. That one really blew me away.
And I've been wanting to watch Promising Young Woman for a while now, will see if it's streaming anywhere.

Gotta watch The Outsiders again, although I remember being more impressed with Rumble Fish. That one really blew me away.
And I've been wanting to watch Promising Young Woman for a while now, will see if it's streaming anywhere.

Yeah agree, artistically Rumble Fish is much more interesting, I love Stewart Copeland’s score.
I watched PYW on Amazon Prime.

Encanto: 8/10. Great Disney magic. Great family story and absolutely INCREDIBLE animation and songs..

John Leguizamo is literally perfect as Bruno.

Lust for a Vampire - 5/10
It was ok. Not much vampire action going on to be honest. The story was rather silly, but I kinda liked the setting. Especially the little village. Also lots of boobs.

Eternals - 6/10
I had quite low expectations, but in the end I thought it wasn't half bad. It didn't feel like the regular Marvel formula where the hero has to fight some evil counterpart with the same powers. But it also didn't really feel like a part of the MCU either. There were about as much MCU namedrops as there were DC namedrops, so it felt more like something on its own. It was too long and some characters had powers that didn't seem to be too handy in fights. Which doesn't make them a whole lot special when the team is breaking up and the fighters aren't there. Also one of them doesn't either bother showing up during the endfight...
So yeah, not a bad movie, a bit out of tone (positive and negative), good score, too long. No boobs though.

Saw - 8/10 first time watch really liked this, matches the expectation.

Mortal Kombat - 6/10 the newer one, ridiculous stuff, Josh Lawson is a riot.

Wild Wild West - 5/10 the kids wanted to watch this and liked it. Face slap. Godawful.

Power Of The Dog - 9/10. Stunning. Never really liked Jane Campion films before but might need to go back and revisit. Stunning. Benedict has perfected his ahole persona.

Cowboys and Aliens - 6/10. Another kids choice. Better than i remember and surprisingly intense. Had to skip over a few bits.

Cruella -7/10 really surprised how much I enjoyed this. The Emmas are terrific. The soundtrack is a bit much though.

The Sparks Brothers: 8/10

Wonderful exploration of a tremendous and underappreciated band.

Sorority House Massacre 2: 4/10

Weird but mediocre horror movie.

Humanoids From the Deep: 7/10

Really solid horror movie. Knows what it is and does what it does well.

Matrix (new one): 6.5/10

Pretty good. Seems like the director was having fun screwing around with the studio. Similar to Sparks writing a song called "Music That You Can Dance To" when the audio asked for just that. But not great or inspired.

I think I neglected to rate the Eternals here. I give it a 5.5/10. If it wasn't a Marvel movie, it would be a slightly better than average fantasy action movie I guess. I liked some of the characters quite a bit, and some action was good (I liked punchy guy) though too much CG. But overall the movie felt awkward. The story was weird, the character motivations and interactions were inconsistent and weird, the evolving predator thing was kind of lame. I didn't really want to see more of this universe/story after this was done. Only Black Knight, but that's because I've been a fan of that character since I was a kid. It almost felt like Marvel had a list of all the things they wanted to do to appease various audiences going in, and sure, they can check lots of boxes here, but at the end of the day does it work and is it compelling? A lower tier Marvel movie.

The Green Knight: 9/10

It's actually a nightmare of a movie, there is an unrelenting atmosphere of doom and dread throughout the entire movie that is simply oppressive, but it's really quite amazing.
Fantastic cinematography, stunning visuals, brilliant acting, the direction, the music, everything is truly great. Highly recommended if you're in the mood for something weird. It's magical like Excalibur, but quite dark.

It's actually a nightmare of a movie, there is an unrelenting atmosphere of doom and dread throughout the entire movie that is simply oppressive, but it's really quite amazing.
Fantastic cinematography, stunning visuals, brilliant acting, the direction, the music, everything is truly great. Highly recommended if you're in the mood for something weird. It's magical like Excalibur, but quite dark.
Been meaning to watch this for awhile. I definitely need to check it out.

I saw it when it just came out on Amazon Prime, but I didn't like it. I slowly am getting to a stage where I want to give it a second chance to see how I feel about it now. I remember that I thought it was way too pretentious for it's own good and definitely not what I expected. I guess that's where the problem started because of my own expectations, so I want to give it a fair chance.

Halloween Kills 9/10. Late to party for this but I was disappointed by the 2018 movie so I put it off. This made up for it in spades. A straight up slasher where victims do stupid things and die(except the firemen who were just doing their job). The stab through the armpit even made me wince ouch! Kills were great, flashback scene was great, score is awesome and Michael is scary as f##k. It actually gave my wife nightmares.

I saw it when it just came out on Amazon Prime, but I didn't like it. I slowly am getting to a stage where I want to give it a second chance to see how I feel about it now. I remember that I thought it was way too pretentious for it's own good and definitely not what I expected. I guess that's where the problem started because of my own expectations, so I want to give it a fair chance.
Well, it is an unusual movie for sure, but more than pretentious, it felt to me like a movie made by someone who really loved the source material and really wanted to make something unique. That's another reason it reminds me so much of Excalibur, apart from the obvious similarity in source, watching Excalibur you could tell Boorman loved the subject and was making a very personal film, oblivious to any trends of the time. This feels the same, it's very unique in the way it tells the story.

Back