Random Post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope this is not embarrassing, but this is my room circa 2002, i was close to 18 years old, the only giveaway from the picture is the vintage Saint Seiya Scorpion figure, lolol I literally acquired it from a French seller the day I graduated high school haha. That’s only one wall of course, the wall to the left of was all Macfarlane figs(spawn, metal gear solid figs, the wall behind me was my Star Wars and beast wars transformers) somewhere in there my tv and bed fit With my desktop setup.

A massive footnote as a stupid rookie collector, i went to central America to visit my dad and went shopping that summer, I struck gold, inside a chinese shopping store I found BRAND NEW Batman Forever playsets, the batcave, the batwing, the batmobile, batman and robin batcave, the batmobile, for dirt cheap pricing, i‘m talking like i remember paying close to 19.99 for a sealed batman batwing, when i mentioned a stupid rookie mistake was the fact that I had to fly back with all that somehow so to make it all fit in the suitcases i had to open all of them and throw the boxes away rather than neatly fold them or at least mail them back somehow. Oh well. even found a combat belt batman for $4.99

found this random picture out of nowhere also lololol

Attachments

• 2E5ABE89-7C9F-4D90-B62F-805E55CD9FEA.jpeg
    2E5ABE89-7C9F-4D90-B62F-805E55CD9FEA.jpeg
    358.4 KB · Views: 70
3AM.

Can't sleep.

From somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind I remembered the girl I was in love with for the entire summer of 1995, when I was 17 and working at a local amusement park.

I was in "Operations." We ran the ticket booths, collected the money. We were kind of a big deal. She was in "Maintenance." She carried one of those dustbins and a broom and just walked around the park all day, sweeping trash. In my mind, I called her "Trashgirl." But not as a pejorative....she was just....my Trashgirl angel.

I can remember her first name and an approximation of her last name, but I can't remember how she spelled either.

I don't even really remember what she looked like, other than her looking radiant and otherworldly to a dork as naive and inexperienced as I was at the time.

She went out with me once, just to politely tell me that she wasn't interested.

It's crazy to think that wherever she is right now, she most likely has kids about the age I was when I was so infatuated with her. Last I heard she was quite serious with an older guy that also worked in Maintenance. That was probably the fall of 1996, though.

She's just one of dozens that randomly pop into my head.

I'm glad 17 year old me didn't see what I'd turn out like. He'd have killed himself.

Otomofan, your life may not have turned out how you wanted it to, or wished for, but while there's life, there's hope. Sounds cheesy, but it's true.

My life didn't turn out anything like what I hoped or wished for, either, to say the least. But I got a pretty devastating piece of news yesterday, and right now I'd give just about anything just for a few more years, which I almost certainly won't get. Enjoy life while you've got it, even if it's just the little things that give you pleasure, because we're all just one bad day away from time being called. And when it's too late, it really is too late.

I'm terribly sorry to hear that Drake.

I definitely need to start being more grateful.

It's not about gratitude, my friend. Just know we all go through tough times, and it's natural to feel down or regretful, that, too is just part of life. Just try not to let it take over your mindset, and make the most of whatever you do have. Which, of course, is easier said than done.

I wish you well Otomofan.

Random post: going to train shoulders and triceps tomorrow. I have a SUPER SECRET training protocol that has helped me get strong for my size. Can you imagine how strong I'll be when I hit ~200 pounds of bodyweight if I'm already strong enough to make Corrupt Cop feel insecure?

My training protocol and SECRET pre-workout shake are real game changers. It allows me to out-train Corrupt Cop 10 times out of 10. I devised my training routine by using a protocol I found on the internet, written by someone with a proven track record of helping people get strong.

Let's see Corrupt Cop's jealousy and insecurity intensify as he scratches his head trying to dissect my training to see what protocol I'm using, LOL. He really should just hire someone to help him if he wants to out-train me at this point.

EDIT: just to make this a more level playing field, I will just post this: my training protocol provides a powerful stimulus by training the working muscles in a wide variety of rep ranges. Even a block head like Corrupt Cop can make gains if he's smart enough to use these clues to deduce my current training protocol. All the key words are there. No, I didn't hire anybody, I just put together my routine based on YouTube and internet searches. Hiring somebody at this point is just bad news.

One: speaking to someone I actually like will only lead to disaster.

Two: he's a people-person while I'm a rich kid with issues, LOTS of issues.

Three: if Corrupt Cop ever discovered that I hired someone, Corrupt Cop can interfere with my training and nutritional strategies by getting at ME through HIM.

Last edited:
Otomofan, your life may not have turned out how you wanted it to, or wished for, but while there's life, there's hope. Sounds cheesy, but it's true.

My life didn't turn out anything like what I hoped or wished for, either, to say the least. But I got a pretty devastating piece of news yesterday, and right now I'd give just about anything just for a few more years, which I almost certainly won't get. Enjoy life while you've got it, even if it's just the little things that give you pleasure, because we're all just one bad day away from time being called. And when it's too late, it really is too late.

Just now reading this and very sorry to hear Drake. I hope you are doing well enough and your situation has improved since you originally posted the above. For what it's worth I considered the message within your post and I believe it has swayed me toward handling a situation going on in my own life better than I otherwise probably would have. Thank you for that. All the best to you and yours.

That's some pretty fierce clarity Drake. I'm guessing a fair chunk of the time you've got will be dealing with doctors and bureaucracy. I hope there's a load of room in there for yourself and loved ones, and that some good luck comes your way.

I remember when one of my comments was downvoted to oblivion on Nintendo’s Reddit page, because I said it’s ill-advised to carry a brand-new Nintendo Switch on the NYC Subway :lol. When it comes to online interactions, it’s like the people who live here aren’t even aware of their own city, or they’re social shut-ins who rarely interact with the outside world.

Crime rates have gone up drastically since the start of the pandemic, and it feels a lot less safer at night in some areas. It’s gotten to the point where bank employees are now being advised to dress down when commuting to work.

https://nypost.com/2021/12/02/bank-...affers-to-dress-down-as-nyc-crime-surges/amp/
As for me, I code and tutor. But, prior to 2020, Manhattan used to be one of my regular areas for business. I can only hope things change for the better once more people start trickling back to work. It’s great seeing this City come back to life, I just wish it would happen sooner.

Last edited:
That's some pretty fierce clarity Drake. I'm guessing a fair chunk of the time you've got will be dealing with doctors and bureaucracy. I hope there's a load of room in there for yourself and loved ones, and that some good luck comes your way.
You're not wrong. Not leaving a mess behind after the short time I have left is my primary focus right now.

Back