Rambling incoherent thoughts.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoodonit00

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Ya know if I owned a company that was getting ready to face some pretty stiff competition I think I would maybe get some excitement built with my brand. Maybe talk about future plans or releases. Show a lot more teases. Maybe answer some questions. I sure wouldn’t go dark. I could be wrong though.

They shared more information today on work in process than they ever have so.....

One thing I'll say...

I'm very disappointed that Asmus has been invisible from these boards lately. I sincerely sympathize with them that they've had a mess on their hands with the Ash figure. I'm sure there's been a lot of chaos righting that ship, but we're about 10 weeks past that now, surely the waters should have calmed there a bit?

During that mess - the members here had these threads as alive as ever. We gave Asmus idea of what we wanted from them to signal we would continue supporting the company. We never gave up on them and they even stated the renewed passion here had them excited.

Then they just vanished. Again, I get it, they have a lot going on. But to just abandon these boards is wrong. There's new competition coming out, you'd think they'd be engaging with us more than ever and giving us sneak peaks and updates on progress to ensure we continue to support them even as InArt looms on the horizon.

I'm looking forward to some upcoming Asmus figures. Boromir, Haldir, hopefully Eowyn. I just hope they make these figures absolutely flawless on release if they're going to take a step back from us here. I would hate for them to lose our support.

One thing I'll say...

I'm very disappointed that Asmus has been invisible from these boards lately. I sincerely sympathize with them that they've had a mess on their hands with the Ash figure. I'm sure there's been a lot of chaos righting that ship, but we're about 10 weeks past that now, surely the waters should have calmed there a bit?

During that mess - the members here had these threads as alive as ever. We gave Asmus idea of what we wanted from them to signal we would continue supporting the company. We never gave up on them and they even stated the renewed passion here had them excited.

Then they just vanished. Again, I get it, they have a lot going on. But to just abandon these boards is wrong. There's new competition coming out, you'd think they'd be engaging with us more than ever and giving us sneak peaks and updates on progress to ensure we continue to support them even as InArt looms on the horizon.

I'm looking forward to some upcoming Asmus figures. Boromir, Haldir, hopefully Eowyn. I just hope they make these figures absolutely flawless on release if they're going to take a step back from us here. I would hate for them to lose our support.
Exactly. You said it a lot better than I!

I think we also need to keep things in perspective besides EXO, I do not think any company communicates directly to us through these boards as much as Asmus. I agree I would love to see them on here more but think about how much we hear from Sideshow (we used to), Hot Toys, Threezero, etc. on there boards.

They won't lose my support - and ultimately if someone wants a fig, they'll buy it. Hot Toys rarely talks to anyone, far as I know. I don't do FB so maybe HT interacts there.

And TBH doubt I'd want to talk to a bunch of people, after I had worked hard to develop a product(s) who promptly jump ship for the "better" product. :monkey3

Srsly there's a lot going on in the world right now, including a ripple of shipping effects. Someone commented that Queen's new Loki will take 2 years to deliver. Covid is still rumbling around. We don't know what the situation is with production factories. Even Sideshow had that weirdness where they want you to confirm your POs, which tells me there are problems someplace.

I wouldn't come and discuss anything with anyone, unless I was sure I could deliver. We might not like what we hear anyway. Like when WETA decided to raise its prices.

They won't lose my support - and ultimately if someone wants a fig, they'll buy it. Hot Toys rarely talks to anyone, far as I know. I don't do FB so maybe HT interacts there.

And TBH doubt I'd want to talk to a bunch of people, after I had worked hard to develop a product(s) who promptly jump ship for the "better" product. :monkey3

Srsly there's a lot going on in the world right now, including a ripple of shipping effects. Someone commented that Queen's new Loki will take 2 years to deliver. Covid is still rumbling around. We don't know what the situation is with production factories. Even Sideshow had that weirdness where they want you to confirm your POs, which tells me there are problems someplace.

I wouldn't come and discuss anything with anyone, unless I was sure I could deliver. We might not like what we hear anyway. Like when WETA decided to raise its prices.
The confirm PO thing is because of rules put in place by the FTC. Not anything to do with Sideshow.

The confirm PO thing is because of rules put in place by the FTC. Not anything to do with Sideshow.
R.gif
agree with you

I agree with you,
and you are right about us keep quiet deliberately.
We have decided at this point, it is to keep things low profile.

It hurts very much, when we worked on the IP for so long, put in lots of works for the fans.
And a new brand jump in, people started to say hurtful things on us (yes, the Inart thread broke our heart)

It is to prove why all the brands do not interact with fans at all, because at the end of the day, it doesn't seen to matter

I agree with you,

It hurts very much, when we worked on the IP for so long, put in lots of works for the fans.
And a new brand jump in, people started to say hurtful things on us (yes, the Inart thread broke our heart)

It is to prove why all the brands do not interact with fans at all, because at the end of the day, it doesn't seen to matter
That’s a shame you and the company feel that way and I don’t blame you. I’ve had a couple issues with sculpts but for the most part I, and many others appreciate all the hard work you and your team have put into the LOTRs line. I myself don’t see myself purchasing any of their products as I think their price point is going to be too high. Peace be with you all

I agree with you,

I think people were quick to crap on other brands when Queen/InArt announced their 1/6 lines and figures, it's great to see more people coming into the game and shaking things up but collectors were and are still being unfair to the work that's been done by others in the past.

I'm part of a brand as well and I understand how soul breaking the negativity can be and how under appreciated you can feel when people disregard your work for the bigger dogs, sometimes I just want to stop talking as well but I think now more than ever you guys would be doing yourselves a disservice, you're dealing with the Ash situation and I completely understand wanting to distance yourseves from social circles but I think it's obvious you have tons of fans here who enjoy hearing from you, I think your continued communication and updates would be extremely valued now that you have InArt actively competing and being active online, don't be driven away, take heart, learn, improve and overcome.

"in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach."

Yeah, if there's anyone who can speak to this, it's @R_R_X. The poor guy went through some hell in the Arthur Morgan thread during all of those delays. And I believe he said this was one of the more civil places during all of that, lol. I genuinely felt bad for him - and I'm a guy who still doesn't have my Arthur figure. Point being there, no one should be unfair to the company reps for doing their jobs.

As far as @Asmus, I do think a lot of the commentary towards them in the InArt thread was unjustified. It's really not unfair to say that a lot of the Asmus sculpts need improvement. And yes, their customer service is slow. But the customer service has always been fair. As far as the figures - the tailoring and accessories have been some of the best in the one sixth game for a while now. They excel at that. Yes, there's been some mistakes, but they haven't done anything to justify the over the top criticisms they've gotten in the Lord of the Rings threads.

I don't blame Asmus for stepping back. I can understand that I wouldn't want to come here and deal with this too. But I do hope they remember the many supporters who have stuck with them through thick and thin and have still offered ways to continue supporting them, be it through constructive criticism, product suggests or just general conversation.

I hope Asmus knocks it out of the park with their upcoming Bilbo, Boromir and Haldir releases. I hope they listen and make the new Eowyn and Elrond people have been asking for. I hope they get around to Isildur, Gil-Galad and Lurtz. I just want them to take their time and put out releases that we all know they are capable of. No cut corners and good quality control. We know what they can do. Their Gimli, Elrond and Last Alliance figures are nothing short of stellar and I personally love the new Arwen figure.

@Asmus - you guys do what is best for you. I think your supporters will understand your position. I just hope you will find a way to listen to our feedback and suggestions and keep communication open with us. We want to be your fans and we want you to give us great Lord of the Rings figures that we'll be proud to show off.

Back