R.I.P. George Perez

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matticus

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://comicbook.com/irl/news/george-perez-acclaimed-comic-book-artist-dead-at-67/
Legendary comic book artist George Pérez, who helped define the look of DC Comics in the 1980s and drew the pivotal Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover event, has passed away. He was 67 years old. Pérez revealed a cancer diagnosis in December, revealing that he had stage 3 pancreatic cancer. Pérez told fans at the time that he had elected to forego chemotherapy, which he was told had a low chance of success, and instead spend as much quality time as he could with his family, friends, and fans. In the time since he announced his illness, Pérez has been photographed at the DC offices, and scheduled some signing and meet-and-greet events with fans.

Heartbreaking loss for his family, friends, and fans. His tremendous talent and kind soul will be greatly missed.

His choice to face the end on his own terms was inspiring. I hope if I'm in that situation I can be as brave as he was.

He'll live on in the hearts of all the people his work touched over the years, as well as the people who have been influenced by his work without even knowing it.

One of the greatest to ever put pencil to paper. One of the first artists whose work was so dynamic and extraordinary and unique that I could instantly recognize his style at a glance.

Rest in peace.

His Wonder Woman run alone would make him one of the greatest but it doesn’t even scratch the surface of his accomplishments . Along with Neal Adams he probably drew the most perfect looking super heroes . The Definitive versions at least for my generation of fans born in late seventies/eighties

This news is incredibly sad for me, George was one of my favorite artists in the eighties; his work on The New Teen Titans, Wonder Woman, The Avengers, Infinity Gauntlet, and other work was amazing.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Perez, you'll be missed. Vaya con Dios mi amigo.

5WTw2Yoxf6Bz725KR8Qg8k-970-80.jpg

GP was THE artist for me from the time I was a kid until the end. No one else brought it to the same level to my eye and his skill never dropped off. R.I.P.

Back