Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad that that has happened. I’ve heard it’s usually nearly impossible to get your account back after it’s been hacked. It happened to JND where they just ended up having to create entirely new social media presence. JND’s original IG page still says something along the lines of “this account is being held for ransom until the original owner agrees to pay”

It's been two weeks since Asmus has even logged in here, unfortunately, I think at this point we just have to write them off as having dialogue with us. It's a shame. Just going to hope they put out some really quality figures moving forward and save this line. But after the Boromir debacle I don't know what to think.

If I was currently based in Taiwan, I'd be a bit more concerned with my sword rattling neighbors to the west than say, releasing a figure of Haldir or Lurtz, for example...

:google
You're not wrong about that.

That said, they're still posting on their socials otherwise, so who knows. But I agree, there's probably much bigger problems for them over there right now. Understandably so.

Can't imagine China is going to do anything imminently as they have their own problems at home right now and their top military ally has been decimated, but I don't think it's far off. Once it happens, our hobby probably takes a long hiatus. But that's secondary to all of the real issues that will come from this.

You're not wrong about that.

That said, they're still posting on their socials otherwise, so who knows. But I agree, there's probably much bigger problems for them over there right now. Understandably so.

Can't imagine China is going to do anything imminently as they have their own problems at home right now and their top military ally has been decimated, but I don't think it's far off. Once it happens, our hobby probably takes a long hiatus. But that's secondary to all of the real issues that will come from this.
Australia is watching and ready to act,albeit with our Allies,should things turn sour for the Taiwanese.

People’s safety, lives and freedom definitely come before me getting figures. I cannot begin to fathom the amount of anxiety and stress people must be going through over there or in other place facing war or the ramifications of war. I have been to a few refugee camps to help in the past and it really hits home how sheltered we are over here in the States from those daily struggles.

People’s safety, lives and freedom definitely come before me getting figures. I cannot begin to fathom the amount of anxiety and stress people must be going through over there or in other place facing war or the ramifications of war. I have been to a few refugee camps to help in the past and it really hits home how sheltered we are over here in the States from those daily struggles.
I'm in the UK and I totally share this sentiment. I'm afraid this world is getting worse, with these terrible little men craving power over others at any price!!!

On a different less somber note, I did get the awesome blessing of taking my two oldest to see the extended edition of the Return of the King in the movie theater last night. It was lots of fun taking them although I am sure they are paying for it at school today. We did not get home until close to midnight. Props to my wife for letting us go and for volunteering to stay home with the youngest.

You know the whole cycle of ‘Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.’
Times are getting harder, so what does that make us…

New bit of instagram weirdness:

503B2926-AB69-4784-9335-00530687882A.jpeg

Love this saying. My opinion? Where we are at in history I believe we are at the weak men stage.
Yep, that’s what I was getting at.

Every generation derides the one that follows theirs but, seeing as we can now actually measure the significant drop in testosterone levels and grip strength etc in modern men, Boomers can scoff smuggly at the scientifically confirmed fact that Millennials and Zoomers are physically weaker than previous generations.

As a Millennial, it was nice to grow up in peace times but not so fun to realise it made me a *****, through the lens of historical context.

So, although we may sit back and allow our offspring to inherent a worse world than that which we were born into, at least it’ll toughen them up.

Back