Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ruined? Was Willlow ever actually not terrible to any one under the age of 13?
Ouch. I loved the movie as a little kid and still love it now. . . but I was definitely under 13 when I first saw it so maybe that made me biased. My kids like the original but they are under 13 or were when I first showed it to them.

As far as the new show goes I have made it through 3 or 4 episodes. Probably says something about it that can’t remember how many I have actually seen. There were definitely a few nostalgic moments in it for me but a lot of the show seemed out of place to me. To me a lot of the younger cast seemed like they were acting too modern if that makes sense. For example I feel like you can sit anyone down in front of PJ’s LOTR and they are not going to be “this was made in the 200s” based on the way characters act and speak. With the Willow show I feel like the dialogue of some of the characters scream “I am a teen in the 2020s”. I don’t get that feel in the original Willow movie but maybe others do.

Ouch. I loved the movie as a little kid and still love it now. . . but I was definitely under 13 when I first saw it so maybe that made me biased. My kids like the original but they are under 13 or were when I first showed it to them.

As far as the new show goes I have made it through 3 or 4 episodes. Probably says something about it that can’t remember how many I have actually seen. There were definitely a few nostalgic moments in it for me but a lot of the show seemed out of place to me. To me a lot of the younger cast seemed like they were acting too modern if that makes sense. For example I feel like you can sit anyone down in front of PJ’s LOTR and they are not going to be “this was made in the 200s” based on the way characters act and speak. With the Willow show I feel like the dialogue of some of the characters scream “I am a teen in the 2020s”. I don’t get that feel in the original Willow movie but maybe others do.
So it’s all ‘No cap, fam, these Chad swordsmen are like, literally so sus! But I low-key stan them. Down with the patriarchy! Cancel nuance. Call me they. That’s facts.’

So it’s all ‘No cap, fam, these Chad swordsmen are like, literally so sus! But I low-key stan them. Down with the patriarchy! Cancel nuance. Call me they. That’s facts.’
Lol. It almost felt like that. I wouldn’t have been shocked if they found a way to add emojis to the show.

I guess the best way to describe it in my opinion is try to imagine watching LOTR but replace Legolas with a Jack Sparrow impersonator and the hobbits with whoever the next Hanna Montana is & her friends (acting like they do on their show).

Either that or the clothes/costumes are too clean looking. I had the same problem with the wheel of time show. Some of the outfits are straight outta some cosplay shop and not weathered at all.

Ok so now I can defo say for certain.. I don’t think I’ll be getting my ash evil dead deluxe 1/6 that I pre-ordered last year! I tried emailing them a-couple times but get no response! Is there any chance of me getting the $$ back that I put down on it ?? Thanks.
Did you get this sorted out?
I'm in the same boat with other Asmus figure. They went silent after paying the final balance. @Asmus and email customer service not responding to any of the PM or email.
Asmus! What's happening?!

Did you get this sorted out?
I'm in the same boat with other Asmus figure. They went silent after paying the final balance. @Asmus and email customer service not responding to any of the PM or email.
Asmus! What's happening?!

I agree, sure Asmus have had some really big blunders in the past but people are acting like they weren't the only company giving collectors an actual full LOTR line and engaging with the community..

@Asmus, people here still believe that you truly care about the community. Prove it and do the right thing. :)

@Asmus, people here still believe that you truly care about the community. Prove it and do the right thing. :)
Why quote my post from another thread and take it out of context?
I don't know what irredeemable harm Asmus has done to you but you seem obssessed with them, if you don't like them like most of your posts seem to suggest then just move on and focus on other companies and figures.

Why quote my post from another thread and take it out of context?
I don't know what irredeemable harm Asmus has done to you but you seem obssessed with them, if you don't like them like most of your posts seem to suggest then just move on and focus on other companies and figures.
Is it out of context? I thought "asmus replying and trying to take care of their customers here" is part of the "engaging with the community"?
Or that is not part of it?

And I'm trying to help fellow members here, to get their problem solved.
(as I did before, and it worked, just read the previous pages).
I don't think my post (that you quoted) has any harm or hatred there. I even said that people here still believe in them, which is a praise.

Is it out of context? I thought replying and trying to take care of their customers here is part of the "engaging with the community"?

And I'm trying to help fellow members here, to get their problem solved.
I don't think my post (that you quoted) has any harm or hatred there. I even said that people here still believe in them, which is a praise.
"people are acting they weren't the only company giving collectors an actual full LOTR line and engaging with the community."
Meaning that at one point they were the only company doing those things, and I only said engaging with the community, meaning replying to posts and taking suggestions, I don't know if they "truly care" about the community or not, does Hot Toys "truly care" about the community? Does InArt? Does anyone? Or are they all just companies trying to make profit?

Forgive me if I interpreted it wrongly but since whenever I come across some of your posts they're usually being pretty negative torwards Asmus, I can only guess that it's because you've had bad expiriences with them in the past and I totally get having a grudge if they did you wrong on a product but like I said based on what I've seen you comment in the past that reply came off more antagonizing than praising.

"people are acting they weren't the only company giving collectors an actual full LOTR line and engaging with the community."
Meaning that at one point they were the only company doing those things, and I only said engaging with the community, meaning replying to posts and taking suggestions, I don't know if they "truly care" about the community or not, does Hot Toys "truly care" about the community? Does InArt? Does anyone? Or are they all just companies trying to make profit?

Forgive me if I interpreted it wrongly but since whenever I come across some of your posts they're usually being pretty negative torwards Asmus, I can only guess that it's because you've had bad expiriences with them in the past and I totally get having a grudge if they did you wrong on a product but like I said based on what I've seen you comment in the past that reply came off more antagonizing than praising.
Oh, I see.
Well, you didn't elaborate it that way on your post, I thought you also mean that asmus "truly care" about the community. Pardon me.
I can't say for/didn't mentioned other companies, as in your post you only mentioned asmus, and I quoted it here to make them help our fellow members.

I quoted you, to show them that people here believe that they are engaging with the community. To encourage them to help our fellow members.
That's all.

Have you read my latest post in the Aragorn thread, and if yes, do you feel any negativity there?
I said nobody wants asmus to shut down. It's a win win to have another company with LOTR license.
I don't see that as antagonizing at all. :)

Last edited:
Oh, I see.
Well, you didn't elaborate it that way on your post, I thought you also mean that asmus "truly care" about the community. Pardon me.
I can't say for/didn't mentioned other companies, as in your post you only mentioned asmus, and I quoted it here to make them help our fellow members.

Have you read my latest post in the Aragorn thread, and if yes, do you feel any negativity there?
I said nobody wants asmus to shut down. It's a win win to have another company with LOTR license.
I don't see that as antagonizing at all. :)
It was all a big misunderstanding then, in any case I wouldn't want to live in a world where InArt has sole ownership of the IPs we all love, I'm curious to see what improvements Asmus can do after their GTW and what InArt has in store for the license, ideally they will both be doing different characters and Asmus could even consider creatures so LOTR collectors can have tons of options.

It was all a big misunderstanding then, in any case I wouldn't want to live in a world where InArt has sole ownership of the IPs we all love, I'm curious to see what improvements Asmus can do after their GTW and what InArt has in store for the license, ideally they will both be doing different characters and Asmus could even consider creatures so LOTR collectors can have tons of options.
Touche.

I always wish for asmus to be better. And yes, to have many options are always good!
Totally agree with what you said there, I think asmus would make great creatures!

Batsheva is crazy when it comes to his/her vendetta against Asmus.
Move on.
And quit trying to shield your behavior behind the “I’m trying to help others” mantra. Nobody’s buying it.
I do wish @Asta would step in and issue a warning at this point. It's borderline harassment at this point. As we just saw with R_R_X's comment, it was literally twisted into something it wasn't meant to be to fit a particular narrative.

Yes - Asmus has made some mistakes and some incredibly frustrating ones at that, but this crusade against them is tiring at best, and likely not helping by making them a board visitor less at worst.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do wish @Asta would step in and issue a warning at this point. It's borderline harassment at this point. As we just saw with R_R_X's comment, it was literally twisted into something it wasn't meant to be to fit a particular narrative.

Yes - Asmus has made some mistakes and some incredibly frustrating ones at that, but this crusade against them is tiring at best, and likely not helping by making them a board visitor less at worst.
Unless @Asmus answers my question in any ways, I'm gonna have to join Batsheva in the crusade!
What kind of online shop takes money and not sending the product and stop responding to emails? :mad:

Unless @Asmus answers my question in any ways, I'm gonna have to join Batsheva in the crusade!
What kind of online shop takes money and not sending the product and stop responding to emails? :mad:
I don’t think anyone has a problem with this because it’s a legitimate concern, and quite frankly I’d be happy to help.

@Asmus please give assistance to kyekye and make this right. Your customers deserve better.

Play nice, Feeaks. Watch the language, and keep your criticisms constructive.

Posts edited and cleaned up.

Per the board's CoC:

Respect the Product Creators
We encourage professionals from the collectibles industry to interact with members and provide information and solicit feedback from their fans. When posting remember that someone worked very hard to bring that collectible to life and be respectful of that hard work. Criticism should always be constructive and generalizations such as calling items "crap" or similar terms will be deleted. Persisting in this behavior will result in infractions and/or banning.

Kyekye, I hope @Asmus respond to you for this matter.
I know how frustrating it is to have no update or reply from them, as it happened here before, you can read the previous pages.

All we can do is to keep mentioning them here, or to send more emails to their customer service. Maybe you can also try via their Facebook or instagram?

As for crusade, no, I am in no crusade here. Just trying to help fellow members.
It worked previously, in the case of Stryker or Scumonkey, asmus finally showed up and followed up.

If there are any members here who always view me in negative ways, well, it's up to them, I don't care.
This is a public forum, public thread, and everyone can write whatever they have in their mind as long as it doesn't violate the rules.
R_R_X himself said that it's all a big misunderstanding, read his last post above. I think that's a member who has an open mind, and able to see other person's point of view.
And as you see, even after one of them mentioned Asta, none of my posts above got deleted or edited my the mods.
Apparently it's their posts that got edited by the mods. So let's all keep being respectful and keep the positive vibes.
No harm done to anyone, just to kyekye because apparently, asmus has ignored him.

And we, fellow members, should help. :)

Last edited:
Back