Statue Queen Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:4 (2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So apparently the body is made out of PVC (at least the legs and arms are, not sure on the torso). A Chinese collector just posted a video of it on Facebook. This would explain all the pieces that have been leaning.

Honestly, at this point I'm over it. The delay in releasing, the high price, not painted by Viper, no ES on base and now finding out it's made of PVC, for over $2000 AUD. I'm most likely going to cancel this now. What a disaster.

So apparently the body is made out of PVC (at least the legs and arms are, not sure on the torso). A Chinese collector just posted a video of it on Facebook. This would explain all the pieces that have been leaning.

Honestly, at this point I'm over it. The delay in releasing, the high price, not painted by Viper, no ES on base and now finding out it's made of PVC, for over $2000 AUD. I'm most likely going to cancel this now. What a disaster.
We need more info, the video was of the sculpted edition and Queen previously said they'd fixed the leaning issue, which only occurred on the artist edition

I agree that video makes it look really bad, I just hope they didn't use less polystone and more pvc on the reg

We need more info, the video was of the sculpted edition and Queen previously said they'd fixed the leaning issue, which only occurred on the artist edition

I agree that video makes it look really bad, I just hope they didn't use less polystone and more pvc on the reg
By 'fixed' they probably mean they simply replaced the faulty statues with straight ones.

If these were produced with PVC there is no way to fix it unless they go back and re-do the whole run, which we know isn't gonna happen.

I can't see why there would be any difference in the bodies between the sculpted and reg. That guy was able to bend the arms and legs like a cheap action figure. That's shocking.

I get wanting to remain optimistic, but let's be honest, this release is just getting worse and worse. Queen started shipping these at the start of April I believe. What on earth is taking so long? What's really happening behind the scenes? Are they getting a lot of bad feedback from Chinese collectors and trying to fix things? They've screwed up this release.

Both statues have problems. I will hold onto my order for now until I get more info, but it's likely that I will end up cancelling. I'm just not excited for this thing anymore. I'm disappointed in Queen Studios for this.

By 'fixed' they probably mean they simply replaced the faulty statues with straight ones.

If these were produced with PVC there is no way to fix it unless they go back and re-do the whole run, which we know isn't gonna happen.

I can't see why there would be any difference in the bodies between the sculpted and reg. That guy was able to bend the arms and legs like a cheap action figure. That's shocking.

I get wanting to remain optimistic, but let's be honest, this release is just getting worse and worse. Queen started shipping these at the start of April I believe. What on earth is taking so long? What's really happening behind the scenes? Are they getting a lot of bad feedback from Chinese collectors and trying to fix things? They've screwed up this release.

Both statues have problems. I will hold onto my order for now until I get more info, but it's likely that I will end up cancelling. I'm just not excited for this thing anymore. I'm disappointed in Queen Studios for this.
I agree, I just think this would have come out earlier (re the PVC), if we could bend the artists edition too. I fear this is an issue for the reg only

I'm willing to consider that the leaning issue has nothing to do with the materials used - they 'fixed' it by adding metal rods to the legs, so it is more secure going into the base

Man, this sucks. I'm okay with using PVC on the head only, as I know sometimes, it can be better sculpt and paintwise. But I want the body to be polystone.
That's the whole point of me transitioning to statues. If I wanted a pvc, I would have bought the 1/4 Joker Hot toys.

I dont care about the whole its the same quality and you cant tell without lifting anyway argument. I want my statues heavy. There's just something about picking up your statues and feeling that its solid and heavy.
This release is just getting worse and worse.
Sideshow did the same bait and switch with their man of steel, and as much as I argued that I was ok with it at first, in the end, I wasnt.

Mine is already paid for, and just waiting on shipping, and honestly, I'm not even excited to get it anymore.

I agree, I just think this would have come out earlier (re the PVC), if we could bend the artists edition too. I fear this is an issue for the reg only

I'm willing to consider that the leaning issue has nothing to do with the materials used - they 'fixed' it by adding metal rods to the legs, so it is more secure going into the base
Not saying you're wrong, but I struggle to believe that they took those statues back, went back to the factory and re-done them. They very well could have, but given the other lies and BS I just don't trust they did that. I mean, these things should have metal rods in the legs regardless. Would be crazy if they tried to make these with no support whatsoever, and even worse, with PVC, hoping it would be fine.

As for why it didn't come out earlier, maybe no one bothered to check the arms and legs until now? Not sure. The bait and switch from QS is very dishonest of them. Their product page states its made of polystone and fabric. I'm very annoyed. I went from looking forward to this to not even caring anymore.

As far as I'm concerned, the best mass produced Ledger Joker on the market right now is still the JND piece and doesn't look like that will be topped. Owning that and QS's excellent 1/3 Joker, this was always just the icing on the cake for me as a Ledger Joker collector, but I think I'm happy with what I have and will cut my losses on this thing and move on.

Man, this sucks. I'm okay with using PVC on the head only, as I know sometimes, it can be better sculpt and paintwise. But I want the body to be polystone.
That's the whole point of me transitioning to statues. If I wanted a pvc, I would have bought the 1/4 Joker Hot toys.

I dont care about the whole its the same quality and you cant tell without lifting anyway argument. I want my statues heavy. There's just something about picking up your statues and feeling that its solid and heavy.
This release is just getting worse and worse.
Sideshow did the same bait and switch with their man of steel, and as much as I argued that I was ok with it at first, in the end, I wasnt.

Mine is already paid for, and just waiting on shipping, and honestly, I'm not even excited to get it anymore.
Nah I agree with you bro. It's the same situation as MoS indeed. For me I'm not fussed if they're heavy, but PVC just isn't as robust as polystone, so to me it's not the same quality. This is now just a plastic/rubber doll to me.

I don't mind some parts being PVC, but not an entire statue, especially limbs. It might not be prone to breakages like polystone, but it's prone to warping due to heat as evident with the pieces that have the lean.

Queen say they fixed it and stand by their quality. Who's to say the arms won't warp over time? Who's to say the lean won't happen again 6 months from now? Whatever method they used to fix has not been tested. Customers are Guinea pigs.

They've already proven themselves to be dishonest, so it's hard for me to take their word for it now and just trust them.

This was supposed to be one of their best releases. Amazing likeness, rooted and painted by Viper. We now know that is a lie, it doesn't have an ES so who knows how many they made, and they switched the material to PVC and didn't tell anyone and still charged $1500 USD for it.

More so than everything I can't figure out why any high end customizers can't match the protoype sculpt/paint/hair. This artist is better than viper at both paint and hair for jokers and it still doesn't look as good as the prototype. It makes me think the prototype sculpt changed.
joker.png

More so than everything I can't figure out why any high end customizers can't match the protoype sculpt/paint/hair. This artist is better than viper at both paint and hair for jokers and it still doesn't look as good as the prototype. It makes me think the prototype sculpt changed.
View attachment 585443
The proto pics were taken in a very controlled setup with lighting and proper camera, could even have been tweaked a little in photoshop. The sculpt looks identical to me

You should just cancel if you feel that way,I'm looking forward to it,sculpt and paint from the pics I've seen looks damn good,likeness is fantastic,easily the best mass produced Ledger imo,no way I wanna miss this

You should just cancel if you feel that way,I'm looking forward to it,sculpt and paint from the pics I've seen looks damn good,likeness is fantastic,easily the best mass produced Ledger imo,no way I wanna miss this
I'm leaning towards that tbh. The use of PVC was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Anyway, I don't wanna keep going on about it as I don't wanna crap on it for those of you who are still looking forward to it, but I've personally lost interest after all this.

I really don't want to have to cancel and lose my deposit, so I'm gonna wait for some more videos before I make up my mind.

How has this not released fully yet? I swear the first ones were coming out like 4 months ago. Genuinely don't get the love for this company. Hope Inart pulls through on their Joker 1/6. All seems to be fan service from them atm in terms of customer feedback and listening to it, yet when it comes to delivering quality products and on time that seems to be out the door?

How has this not released fully yet? I swear the first ones were coming out like 4 months ago. Genuinely don't get the love for this company. Hope Inart pulls through on their Joker 1/6. All seems to be fan service from them atm in terms of customer feedback and listening to it, yet when it comes to delivering quality products and on time that seems to be out the door?
Shipping is slow across the board, that's not isolated to queen. Their other pieces are turning out well, generally I'm happy waiting if it means quality. That being said, I'm over this piece and have cancelled my order

Shipping is slow across the board, that's not isolated to queen. Their other pieces are turning out well, generally I'm happy waiting if it means quality. That being said, I'm over this piece and have cancelled my order

Ah I see, I'm out of the loop with this piece, I thought Queen were shipping them out slowly as opposed to global postage delaying shipments.

Ah I see, I'm out of the loop with this piece, I thought Queen were shipping them out slowly as opposed to global postage delaying shipments.
Queen are definitely shipping them out slowly I think, doing them in batches, but I think what generalszabo meant was that all statue companies are being affected by shipping delays globally, and I'm sure this is having some effect on getting these out to various retailers, sourcing parts etc.

As for the love for this company, tbh outside of this piece the love has been justified. They have produced fantastic quality products for the majority of their releases, have taken on feedback in the past (although they don't seem to be interested anymore), and their prices for what they have offered seem reasonable.

But this piece has been a shambles IMO. I dont know what went wrong, but I don't think this has been handled well.

Considering how successful their 1/3 Joker was, at only $700 USD as well, they dropped the ball on this one.

It seems like all statue companies tend to drop the ball once they get some success, which is sad to see.

I thought you were going to hold out a bit until you see more pics? Although I don't blame you tbh. I'm just about there myself.
I've gotten there with a lot of releases lately like the HT Mark 85 and a few others. Makes me realize maybe I didn't actually really want the piece in the first place. At least not for the long haul.

I've gotten there with a lot of releases lately like the HT Mark 85 and a few others. Makes me realize maybe I didn't actually really want the piece in the first place. At least not for the long haul.
It happens man. Sometimes we get turned off a piece for various reasons, or we simply lose interest due to delays and other things taking our interest. For me it's a combination of things.

Back