Statue Queen Studios: The Dark Knight - Bale Batman 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you he's hard to photograph. He looks skinnier whenever I took phone pics. I sold him after I inspected the piece. I'm looking forward to Queen Studios' 1/4 and JND's 1/3.

I agree with you he's hard to photograph. He looks skinnier whenever I took phone pics. I sold him after I inspected the piece. I'm looking forward to Queen Studios' 1/4 and JND's 1/3.

It looks skinnier because of the lens you’re using on your phone. Most phones now have multiple lenses, so just flip through them until the photo’s proportions look correct, as I used to have the same problem with my iPhone 7, but once I received the iPhone X it was no longer a problem.

^Something is off with cowl and the body proportions. I find Sideshow's 1/4 better overall.

20210521_150244.jpg
Screenshot_20210603-190055_Gallery.jpg

The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Batman.jpg

^Something is off with cowl and the body proportions. I find Sideshow's 1/4 better overall.

Fair enough man. I did own the Sideshow PF as well, but sold it quite a while back. I do think that had the best headsculpt, but paint work is nowhere near good as this unfortunately, and the pose wasn't great.

Maybe QS will nail it on the 1/4, or JND might do it. I'm still pretty happy with this though.

I do prefer the QS piece overall for the realism and pose, but I don't think it's perfect.

Fair enough man. I did own the Sideshow PF as well, but sold it quite a while back. I do think that had the best headsculpt, but paint work is nowhere near good as this unfortunately, and the pose wasn't great.

Maybe QS will nail it on the 1/4, or JND might do it. I'm still pretty happy with this though.

I do prefer the QS piece overall for the realism and pose, but I don't think it's perfect.

I’ve got the Sideshow one too, and I like it so much that it’s hidden in the bottom far corner of my collection. Out of all the Sideshow movie DC Batman pieces it’s my least favourite. It and the companion Joker were the bottom of the barrel for me, but at the time I felt I had to collect them all.

tbf, the masked sculpt seems to be very hard to get right in general but I still think QS can do a lot better as this might be their worst attempt so far and they've proven what they're capable of. neither sideshow, P1 nor QS nailed it, with sideshow being a bit closer than P1, but the unnecessarily awkward pose is what killed the pf.

the Bale sculpt looks great tho and deserves all the praise it gets. that's the kind of accuracy I expect from QS.

I’ve got the Sideshow one too, and I like it so much that it’s hidden in the bottom far corner of my collection. Out of all the Sideshow movie DC Batman pieces it’s my least favourite. It and the companion Joker were the bottom of the barrel for me, but at the time I felt I had to collect them all.

:lol yeah, sadly I agree with you. At the time, I got them because there was nothing else, and this is my favourite trilogy of all time so I felt like I had to have them. I actually didn't mind them at the time, but once QS announced they would be doing statues from this trilogy I sold both and don't regret it. I think the QS Batman and Joker absolutely crap on the PF's.

tbf, the masked sculpt seems to be very hard to get right in general but I still think QS can do a lot better as this might be their worst attempt so far and they've proven what they're capable of. neither sideshow, P1 nor QS nailed it, with sideshow being a bit closer than P1, but the unnecessarily awkward pose is what killed the pf.

the Bale sculpt looks great tho and deserves all the praise it gets. that's the kind of accuracy I expect from QS.

You're right. I actually went back through previous releases to compare (I've owned them all), including the Hot Toys 1/4 scale which I thought was amazing at the time, but man that has dated. Honestly, QS has done the best job so far. It really is far better in person...just for whatever reason it seems to be hard to photograph. Could be the angle of the head.

I've compared it to pics of the actual cowl and I can't see anything wrong. For me the issues seem to be in the mouth area. There's something a little off about it, I think it might be the size of the mouth. You can still tell it's Bale, but it doesn't look quite 100%. It's definitely the best representation in collectible form though, but not perfect.

But man that Bale sculpt, wow. I've been in this hobby for a long time and I've never seen a human headsculpt look that good. In person, it looks like real skin, eyes look like glass, and the likeness to Bale is dead on.

Something Ive noticed people dont seem to realize is how different bale sometimes looks in the bat suit. Sometimes he looks really lean, sometimes he looks like in the empire shot above, and sometimes he looks chunky and awkward, like the BTS shots from the final fight against bane. QS probably has the best overall attempt so far at a bale bat IMO...lets see what JND does.

no worries, everyone knows that Bale looked slightly different in different shots depending on light and angle.

then again, the eye area on this piece is always off regardless of comparison pic or angle (SS did a better job in that respect) which is significant enough for me to not consider it the best. the "it looks much better in person" line is sth I don't buy. and even if it were the best so far it wouldn't say much, since there is only one direct competitor in that scale and price class whose piece isn't that good either.

to sum it up, if i intended to display primarily the Bale head this statue would be great but since that's not what I'm going for I'll be waiting for the 1/4 they announced or a Batman Begins version in the future. (or JND)

That's fair enough. It's your money and choice, I wouldn't persuade anyone to get this, but as someone who now owns the piece who wasn't fond of it in some pics, I can firmly say that it does indeed look better in person, but no, it's not spot on or perfect, but it has amazing presence overall. I've also owned the PF, the hot toys figures and have seen the Prime 1 in person and this is indeed the best attempt at this character so far. When I say it's the best, I mean overall.

When you see it complete on the shelf, it just has amazing presence. The body sculpt is perfect to me. The details in the suit are amazing.

There are things I like on the PF headsculpt a little better in terms of sculpt, but the paint apps on the QS piece crap all over it and that's what gives it the edge for me. It looks like a real person.

Waiting it out is probably the best option if you don't feel convinced since there is obviously going to be more choice. I'm happy enough to own this, but will probably get future releases as well if they turn out great. Can always display one with the Bale head.

Though not accurate to any scene in the film, because of the price I pay for the Exclusives or Deluxe I usually have a tendency to display my statues with the unmasked head sculpts, so I’ll probably do the same here. As I’ve already got a dozen other Batman statues most of which are obviously displayed with the cowl on.

Thanks! Hmm i think the cowl head is too small all around and a little bit to skinny. the bale head is bigger than the cowl head, right!?

Thanks! Hmm i think the cowl head is too small all around and a little bit to skinny. the bale head is bigger than the cowl head, right!?

Nah, Bale head is about the same size if not a touch smaller. Cowl head is definitely not too small. I think if it was any bigger it would start to look like a bobble head. You could probably get away with making it a touch bigger, but I don't think it's necessary. Its just the angle of the photo because I photographed it from the bottom pointing up. If I photograph from top down it would have the opposite effect, like in this quick photo I just took. You can also see in this photo the size comparison with the Bale head.

20210605_230438.jpg

Thanks again, but its not ur photos, it looks in all videos and pictures that the cowl head is thinner than bale head itself. can you made 1 picture side by side heads only, that would be very nice from you :hi5:

Great! thank you my friend :1-1:
Its definitly better to see on your picture. im not sure but it looks like the cowl head has an bigger chin/mouth sculpt and the lips looks much brighter from the cowl head.
The bale looks fantastic, i hope mine will be arrive in the next weeks

i love that picture
attachment.php

Back