Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm idk about that. Snyder has fans but he isn’t loved by everyone. Keaton bats is pretty much loved by everyone. But idk. Again I feel like a Keaton bats will sell more than an affleck one.
Not in China. And that's the market Queen is making their decisions based on. US, I don't disagree. It's probably fairly equal, maybe even with a slight Keaton lean. But China loves the Snyder movies and Batman Returns was not released in China back in 1992 iirc.

Hmmm idk about that. Snyder has fans but he isn’t loved by everyone. Keaton bats is pretty much loved by everyone. But idk. Again I feel like a Keaton bats will sell more than an affleck one.
You have to keep in mind that Returns came out in 1992. Snyders DC universe is much more popular and well known to the general audience than Keaton and Reeves, unfornately, at least to the younger adult/teen audience.

INART even said it themselves that Keaton/Returns just isn't popular at all internationally. It's all about Snyders ******** stuff.

Keaton Batman is generally for those within the 35+ demographic.

fJz2UXW.png

I mean that’s cool, but I’m sure the market of collectors like yourself for those particular properties is pretty limited in the grand scheme.

Ledger Joker is one thing because I acknowledge his exceeding popularity, even if I feel like it’s kinda overrated myself.

There are a lot of crazed Snyder fans, but I’m not sure how prevalent they really are in the sixth scale world.
You bet your a$$ they are prevalent in the 1/6 scale world !! And I'm as old as the rest of you and prefer it over all Batmen.

Don't forget nostalgia plays a big factor in a lot of this. I had a Keaton Batman T-shirt back in the day just like the rest of us. But I prefer the bigger scope of Snyder with Batman, Superman + Wonderwoman etc with Darkseid and Steppenwolf. It's a fresh change imo to the same old Batman story with Joker and Batman over and over.

Isn't stopping me from making this lineup in 1/6 though.

Screenshot 2022-03-20 at 19.09.38.jpg

You have to keep in mind that Returns came out in 1992. Snyders DC universe is much more popular and well known to the general audience than Keaton and Reeves, unfornately, at least to the younger adult/teen audience.

INART even said it themselves that Keaton/Returns just isn't popular at all internationally. It's all about Snyders ******** stuff.

Keaton Batman is generally for those within the 35+ demographic.

fJz2UXW.png
I'm sure I'll get flack for this, but Ben Affleck is my favorite. He's closest to the original Bill Finger/Bob Kane Batman.

I'm sure I'll get flack for this, but Ben Affleck is my favorite. He's closest to the original Bill Finger/Bob Kane Batman.

Nah dude, why would you think you’ll get flack for it? He was awesome. Express what you like. Some people may not agree with you, and that’s fine. I love Batfleck too and I hope he gets his chance to do his Batman story some day.

My stance is; Everyone has their favs and no one should feel “bad” for it.

.....unless that person likes the schumacher batmen...then yeah, that person SHOULD feel bad.

J/K =P

The difference in bale and pattinson is that they were actually in good films, the other batmen were not

That's not to say I don't like keaton or batfleck
I think Batman 89 and Returns are good films, but they’re a product of their times. I’ll revisit those more than I’ll ever revisit TDKR.

Besides, I think all live-action Batman films are still a step under Mask of the Phantasm.
CrispSmartAlpinegoat-size_restricted.gif

I think Batman 89 and Returns are good films, but they’re a product of their times. I’ll revisit those more than I’ll ever revisit TDKR.

Nah, they were not very well-told stories even in their time.

Batman '89 seemed like a lot of sketches strung together to form a loose narrative. I mean, Joker kills hundred or thousands with his Smilex make-up gag and then has a party in the streets throwing money while all of Gotham cheers him on? And then there's Returns which is just all over the place with Penguin's story/plot... which ultimately relies on rocket-packed penguins to waddle through the city to fire misses... at the city? It seemed to be made for young children, except for the dark gruesomeness.

Speaking as a non-American, Batkeaton never really had an impact to the extent one might think. Granted, superheroes never much took hold here in that sense. People knew Batman, Superman and the such, kids were buying Spider-Man and X-Men merch, but that was more or less it. It's around the 00s that they started breaking in the true mainstream with the movies, and thus any kind of nostalgia would come from the latest generations in the future. You're unlikely to find anyone nostalgic for Batkeaton. If people here remember the '89 flick and Returns, it's solely for Burton's style, Jack Nicholson and DeVitto, and Pfeiffer's sex appeal. Keaton comes dead last. In contrast, more people would be able to name Reeves as "The" Superman.

So if you're trying to sell worldwide, then yeah, Bale is whom most people around the globe think of as cinematic Batman, aside from the more general idea of comic/cartoon Batman they have in their minds. There is a market for Batkeaton, but if you're going to start off with anyone, it's gotta be Bale and then the latest ones like Affleck and Pattinson.

Me I'm hoping they'll grab the Arkham license. I need a good Ras at the very least. And I hope Battinson's sequels will go into Owls/Azrael territory.

Best thing about Keaton's Batman (other than the suit) is that his Bruce is just a little "off." Not in a cartoony, grim, or overly dramatic way either; he plays the billionaire company owner role well enough when the need arises, but you get the sense that he doesn't get out much, that he's not entirely comfortable in that role. Maybe I'm just projecting my admiration of Keaton and the production's choice to cast him, but I think there's a subtle layering going on with his performance that makes him feel like he has depth even though the script doesn't give us much.

Bale's Bruce by contrast seems very comfortable with his relationships and wealth, and even if he's not, he overcompensates for it with a showy confidence reminiscent of Patrick Bateman. It could be argued that he has to do that in order to maintain power in his particular world, but if if we're talking about which performance is more interesting to watch, Keaton kinda takes the cake in my book.

It's true, however, that Batman '89 and Returns are more like shells or blueprints than full-fledged stories. The production design, casting, and performances are perfect. I imagine they'd be more iconic if the scripts were solid as well.

I'll echo what has been said many times before but Burton's batman films are visually amazing, he actually has a proper batmobile and cave, and I like the gotham they are based in. I cannot bear to watch the films again though, they don't work as films IMO, I'd watch BvS and justice league first

Nah, they were not very well-told stories even in their time.

Batman '89 seemed like a lot of sketches strung together to form a loose narrative. I mean, Joker kills hundred or thousands with his Smilex make-up gag and then has a party in the streets throwing money while all of Gotham cheers him on? And then there's Returns which is just all over the place with Penguin's story/plot... which ultimately relies on rocket-packed penguins to waddle through the city to fire misses... at the city? It seemed to be made for young children, except for the dark gruesomeness.
I mean, we had politicians kill thousands by refusing to do a thing about COVID, then threw themselves massive parties and rallies (that became super spreader events). One of my old churches rolled out the red carpet for a former(?) child predator with open arms. If anything, Gotham got a little too real there for a second.

I’m not saying the movies are always coherent - even the Bale movies aren’t - but they certainly were immersive and a great theater experience. I have no problem with the ridiculous aspects since that’s what I loved (and still love) in the comics. Recently, Batman was riding a dragon into battle, Joker had a robot mech suit, and Kite-Man had somehow made a splash again with his amazing kite powers.

I don’t see the Pattinson films doing that. Different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:
I'll echo what has been said many times before but Burton's batman films are visually amazing, he actually has a proper batmobile and cave, and I like the gotham they are based in. I cannot bear to watch the films again though, they don't work as films IMO, I'd watch BvS and justice league first
Yeah the gothic aesthetic of Burtons world is something I've always loved. Especially how gritty and lived in his Gotham looked.

It's what I liked about The Batman as well. They did a good job in making Gotham feel lived in and alive.

q0y1eEg.jpg

QocoUHX.png

NWV8CkT.png

I mean, we had politicians kill thousands by refusing to do a thing about COVID, then threw themselves massive parties and rallies (that became super spreader events). One of my old churches rolled out the red carpet for a former(?) child predator with open arms. If anything, Gotham got a little too real there for a second.

I’m not saying the movies are always coherent - even the Bale movies aren’t - but they certainly were immersive and a great theater experience. I have no problem with the ridiculous aspects since that’s what I loved (and still love) in the comics. Recently, Batman was riding a dragon into battle, Joker had a robot mech suit, and Kite-Man had somehow made a splash again with his amazing kite powers.

I don’t see the Pattinson films doing that. Different strokes for different folks.
If Kite Man appears in a Battinson movie, he’ll definitely be repurposed into a child sex trafficker that lures kids away from school or the park with creatively alluring kites- or he’ll make kites from the flayed flesh of his victims.

Although I’m personally rooting for Mad Hatter to fill the peado-esque villain role in the Reeves-Verse. It’s probably all a bit too grim for a superhero flick though.

I’m surprised we still have this, I thought it was cleared up years ago. George Reeves with an s played Superman in the 1950s and Christopher Reeve with no s played Superman starting in 78. Just saying.

I’m surprised we still have this, I thought it was cleared up years ago. George Reeves with an s played Superman in the 1950s and Christopher Reeve with no s played Superman starting in 78. Just saying.
I'm pretty sure they all had a big S on their chest :p

Also the previous post correctly references matt reeves

Just saying :geek:

Back