Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean I can see it when there's been less than definitive versions of certain stuff. Aragorn absolutely should have another go. Yeah there's 50 versions, but they're all so bad without essentially replacing everything about them with custom work.

Some stuff though is just mind boggling. Marvel stuff? Black Adam? Flash? We really need Inart specifically to be doing these?
But who’s to say what’s considered definitive? Their TDK Joker is pretty great, but then we had 10 pages of all the customs that have done it better

How many time have we had “the best” Indiana Jones, TDK Joker, Christian Bale Bruce Wayne, Daniel Craig Bond by custom artists, only to be redone again by someone new in the custom world? There’s always going to more than likely be something better even if slightly.

So no matter what InArt does, even if their Aragon was a home run, there will still be someone who makes a new headsculpt that makes the InArt figure look like Star Ace next to Hot Toys.

But who’s to say what’s considered definitive? Their TDK Joker is pretty great, but then we had 10 pages of all the customs that have done it better

How many time have we had “the best” Indiana Jones, TDK Joker, Christian Bale Bruce Wayne, Daniel Craig Bond by custom artists, only to be redone again by someone new in the custom world? There’s always going to more than likely be something better even if slightly.

So no matter what InArt does, even if their Aragon was a home run, there will still be someone who makes a new headsculpt that makes the InArt figure look like Star Ace next to Hot Toys.

To me, the customs runs are too pricey, too piece meal, and in a lot of cases long gone. What I mean is an "at retail" version that incorporates the best of what our era of 1:6 can do.

So yeah I'm sure there's a $4,000 Indiana Jones out there that looks phenomenal, but I don't think thats necessarily who Inart is looking to compete with.

To me, the customs runs are too pricey, too piece meal, and in a lot of cases long gone. What I mean is an "at retail" version that incorporates the best of what our era of 1:6 can do.

So yeah I'm sure there's a $4,000 Indiana Jones out there that looks phenomenal, but I don't think thats necessarily who Inart is looking to compete with.
That’s fair and I totally get it. But the same can happen here too, on an official, retail capacity, I guess is what I was getting at and should’ve added or been more clear about.

For instance, we had the MMS71 TDK Batman, then the DX02 which many of us were crazy about how good it looked at the time, then we got the DX12 which was definitive for a lot of ppl. Then there was the slight upgrade with the Armory version and now again with the DX19 which is also arguably better than any previous TDK Batman and as someone who’s owned them all, except the armory version, is th best one to date. But that doesn’t mean InArt can’t make an even more definitive version.

I guess what I’m saying is there’s just never going to be a definitive version by any company, IMO. We could all be drooling over our InArt figures now, and then they come back years later to do 2.0s and we’ll wonder how we were ever satisfied with what they gave us previously.

That’s fair and I totally get it. But the same can happen here too, on an official, retail capacity, I guess is what I was getting at and should’ve added or been more clear about.

For instance, we had the MMS71 TDK Batman, then the DX02 which many of us were crazy about how good it looked at the time, then we got the DX12 which was definitive for a lot of ppl. Then there was the slight upgrade with the Armory version and now again with the DX19 which is also arguably better than any previous TDK Batman and as someone who’s owned them all, except the armory version, is th best one to date. But that doesn’t mean InArt can’t make an even more definitive version.

I guess what I’m saying is there’s just never going to be a definitive version by any company, IMO. We could all be drooling over our InArt figures now, and then they come back years later to do 2.0s and we’ll wonder how we were ever satisfied with what they gave us previously.

Oh yeah I definitely don't mean definitive in the "for all time" sense. I just mean making an actual solid go of a subject.

I just mean a lot of stuff like Aragorn needs more than the typical incremental improvement that happened between the various TDK Batman figures. Yeah I'm sure they could make an even better TDK batman with his shoulder pads 2mm more better to scale, but Aragorn needs a massive overhaul in the 1:6th world.

So in that sense I'm okay with certain things being revisited, I was just hoping that with a new company they wouldn't feel the need to tread the same hot toys ground when there's so much that Hot Toys won't even touch.

B/c majority of collectors are boring. Especially when you look at the customs side of thing.

“Bring us something new but, wait! Also, remake everything that’s come before by other companies, so I can have updated versions of those”
Indeed they are. I’ve lost count of how many times some obscure things got made into a statue or figurine with people saying “Why would anyone buy this” and then the next day yet another Batman gets made and someone with 57 Batmans on a shelf is screaming “Yyyesssss definitive!!!!”……only to scream the exact same thing 2 years later for yet another release that is now “definitive”.
Guess i can’t blame InArt, they are catering to the collectors and majority have basic taste.

I have to say, the last two decades completely soured me on Batman. I'll still get a Baleman and a Battinson because I want the character represented and I like the actos, but the constant Bat-Spamming left me utterly cold, at best, towards him, his rogues gallery, basically everything and anything that has to do with the brand. I'm too tired to even go beyond the Morrison run and some Absolutes comic-wise. I'll probably buy something like X-Treme X-Men before I buy any classic O'Neil Batman collections. I'm that burned out. Part of it is the afformentioned spamming, since it reached the point where DC's current output is literally around 80% Batman. Characters like GL and Aquaman don't even have a solo out now. Another part are the rabid fans who, after Tower Of Babel and the Nolan flicks, ruined comic book forums back in the day. And then there's the fact that Batman, as a character, is a downright moronic sociopath at this point. Put all of that together and while I still like the concept of "Modern Day Gothic Knight" enough to buy a doll, I'm past any attachments.

And I will agree that while most of these licenses are boring, it's just the way it is. Normies want more Batman. I hate it, but it is what it is. Hell, I'd rather the world was Superman crazy and we were getting his villains all over. They might be somewhat corny and dated, but I'll always take crazy space dictators over Batman's "serial killer with an animal gimmick" ones. Hell, beyond Ock, Goblin and Venom, I never got the love for Spider-Man's villains either. But I'm rambling again. Anyway, 80s guys like this board want 50 different Ahnulds in black leather, in contrast with the Bat-obsessed General Consumers. To someone like my whose tastes are literally all over the place, both are boring. I want characters like Elric, or say, Captain Flint from Black Sails. Things I'll likely never get. Even my more conventional wants like a Commander Shepard are still way behind more Batmen and Predators. So no matter if I see Batmen, Ahnulds, or [hot new flavour of the month] get spammed, I'm used to being "disappointed" merch-wise. I'm sure IA will make some Terminator dollies in the near future, maybe they'll ge to Berserk some day soon, but I doubt I'll ever get to put the Big 3 of Fantasy together (Aragorn & Sauron for LotR, Conan and Elric), or have Adam Jensen next to a comic accurate Dredd. I figure within the decade I'll grab most of my Marvel & SW wants, some one-offs here and there, and will get out due to boredom.

I know how he feels. An amazing looking woman imo. She may not be the traditional definition of beauty but there’s something so alluring about her.
She's younger than me and yet I fancy her in the ''older woman'' category. That may say something about what age I think I am in my own head.

I feel like InArt is turning into a one-pump chump.. Out with Joker and thats it.
The new company hype faded pretty quickly when it became apparent they haven't a clue how to operate in the sixth scale field.

It's crowded enough as it is, and they had their chance to corner the market and lap Hot Toys. Instead it's been one blunder after another. They're just another player who really needs to get their act together.

Back