Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not saying it's bad, it's good, it's just nothing exceptional. I was expecting more. But I want a 1/6 Joker and don't have one, so this will be a great chance to get a full body and diorama, and I'll buy a seperate custom 1/6 from one of the custom artists who's producing the best Joker sculpts and hair around - with strands more identical to Heath's Joker.

View attachment 592118
Does that cost more or less than InArts deluxe set?
I imagine if you just photograph InArt's figure and apply that smile filter, you’d end up with a pretty similar result.

Last edited:
I'm very excited to see a production sample of the other head sculpt, that is the one that REALLY blew me away in the promo pics.

So, what's next? I'm ready to go all in again ;)

Here's hoping it's going to be Paul Atreides, Aragorn or Daenerys. Can't wait to see what they do with their first female. I'm definitely up for an all in on Daenerys.

I saw a couple of months old YT interview with Queen Studio John and he said that Phoenix Joker is going to be limited edition. It may even be numbered. There'll be a mad scramble for that one when it goes up. He also said it would be a bit pricier as Warner Bros have made special requests... whatever that means.

Next one better be Paul. Otherwise I'll be... disappointed.

WRrE1X.gif

Yep I'm keen for Paul Atreides or Aragorn. If they want to ride any sort of hype, they'd do Aragorn first with the Amazon show stating, then do Paul.

When is Dune 2 out ? Maybe a bit far out yet to ride that hype train. Hopefully they don't wait until then....

Yep I'm keen for Paul Atreides or Aragorn. If they want to ride any sort of hype, they'd do Aragorn first with the Amazon show stating, then do Paul.

When is Dune 2 out ? Maybe a bit far out yet to ride that hype train. Hopefully they don't wait until then....
DUNC 2 is not out until 2023. It'd be a massive dick move to tease the figure as part of the first wave then delay it for ~2 years, while giving us more extra Batmen in the meantime. Ideally by the time DUNC 2's out they should have another figure to roll out. As it stands they're showing about a figure per month and they have around 15 IIRC on their 2022-2023 schedule. That's pretty good, considering it's already August. But all the figures from the first teaser should be shown by the end of the year.

I'm just anxious about that Paul because I've got the AUG one on PO, and want to see if I should cancel it. It's supposed to be shipping end of the year. Unlikely, but I'd like to see if InArt offers a Stillsuit only or some kind of 2-Pack with the uniform too. I don't mind waiting, I just don't want to end up with unnecessary doubles.

DUNC 2 is not out until 2023. It'd be a massive dick move to tease the figure as part of the first wave then delay it for ~2 years, while giving us more extra Batmen in the meantime. Ideally by the time DUNC 2's out they should have another figure to roll out. As it stands they're showing about a figure per month and they have around 15 IIRC on their 2022-2023 schedule. That's pretty good, considering it's already August. But all the figures from the first teaser should be shown by the end of the year.

I'm just anxious about that Paul because I've got the AUG one on PO, and want to see if I should cancel it. It's supposed to be shipping end of the year. Unlikely, but I'd like to see if InArt offers a Stillsuit only or some kind of 2-Pack with the uniform too. I don't mind waiting, I just don't want to end up with unnecessary doubles.
OK fair enough. Then also very interested to see if they can hold their plan, and what they come out with in the end.

Perhaps Chany is the one to time up with Dune 2 ??

OK fair enough. Then also very interested to see if they can hold their plan, and what they come out with in the end.

Perhaps Chany is the one to time up with Dune 2 ??
I wouldn't buy a Zendani (not muh; she's a redhead in the book and I don't like corporate celebrity casting), but she's the most likely candidate. I honestly don't see DUNC in general selling in the InArt price range. Even Paul's a stretch, but he's the MC. They could do a Duncan due to Momoa. He won't be appearing in DUNC 2, and I doubt they'll get to make DUNC Messiah, but he's got some draw. Honestly, a Paul's as much as we'll get. Maybe DUNC 2 could give him a makeover when he takes over and they could make an Emperor Paul type of figure. Or they could make Power Ranger Paul. I assume he'll appear in his Golden Ranger costume in the sequel.

2ad69ec4-8c0e-465b-83db-cc4abec62834-dune-future.jpeg

All cards on the table, DUNC's aesthetics are so sterile that I can't see anyone spending 400$ and upwards on these dolls. But it's got name recognition so between normies, old fans and everything, the MC would sell well enough for them to tackle it. Isaac as Leto in both looks would make for a fine figure too, but like I said, DUNC didn't shake the world, so it's unlikely to see them take such a risk. A Paul or two will most likely be all we'll get. I'd buy them though.

Honestly, a Paul's as much as we'll get.
No, they already said they’re doing two. I think for the first film. This is a global licence so they’ll sell enough.

Personally I think they might leave Chani until Dune 2 where she’ll play a much bigger role.

My guess for the other figure would be Leto as Oscar Isaac’s star power alone will be enough to attract a number of buyers.

If we’re basing it on screen time and importance in the story, both film and book, then they should do Jessica. I have my doubts, but I’d certainly buy it.

No, they already said they’re doing two. I think for the first film. This is a global licence so they’ll sell enough.

Personally I think they might leave Chani until Dune 2 where she’ll play a much bigger role.

My guess for the other figure would be Leto as Oscar Isaac’s star power alone will be enough to attract a number of buyers.

If we’re basing it on screen time and importance in the story, both film and book, then they should do Jessica. I have my doubts, but I’d certainly buy it.
I must have missed them saying they'd make anything more than a Paul. Considering their 2022-2023 schedule didn't include anything other than him, maybe they were referring to some planned DUNC 2 figure like you said. I'd certainly try to wing a Leto and a Jessica for a more complete display. DUNCan is important lorewise, so even though his film version didn't woo me, I could be talked into it. I love Dune enough to want a small section of it (similar to how deep I'd go with Tron Legacy) and I can't honestly think of any place to put a Paul. I can't have a 500$ rooted InArt dolly next to a BCS Doctor (Who) you know?

Either way, we'll see. I'm pretty excited.

Last edited:
I must have missed it them saying they'd make anything more than a Paul. Considering their 2022-2023 schedule didn't include anything other him, maybe they were referring to some planned DUNC 2 figure like you said. I'd certainly try to wing a Leto and a Jessica for a more complete display. DUNCan is important lorewise, so even though his film version didn't woo me, I could be talked into it. I love Dune enough to want a small section of it (similar to how deep I'd go with Tron Legacy) and I can't honestly think of any place to put a Paul. I can't have a 500$ rooted InArt dolly next to a BCS Doctor (Who) you know?

Either way, we'll see. I'm pretty excited.
Yeah, that's the problem right there with one-off figures, where do they display them? Although Dr. Who would kind of work, right? Both in a sci-fi section maybe :p Sorry, that's probably like telling a Trekkie you could display Kirk with Luke Skywalker.

In theory I'd be okay with a display of 2 for Dune, but I'd much prefer 5-6. There's a bit of potential for that maybe, especially with this being their first global licence and the films being star packed as they are. I think many casual Dune fans, who are general 1:6 collectors, would pick up Josh Brolin, Javier Bardem, Oscar Isaac, Jason Momoa, and Stellan Skarsgard figures.

Yeah, that's the problem right there with one-off figures, where do they display them? Although Dr. Who would kind of work, right? Both in a sci-fi section maybe :p Sorry, that's probably like telling a Trekkie you could display Kirk with Luke Skywalker.
For me it's about quality too. BCS isn't exactly on HT's level, let alone these new rooted IA dolls. And DW is a special case because of their outfits. It is a Sci-Fantasy show, but they're dressed in bowties and vests. I have 3 now, plus one on PO. I'd rather keep them separate than mix them with anything else. When I get my Exo-6 TWOK Kirk & Spock, I can easily see myself pairing them with a Hal Jordan if/when DC wisens up and makes a Lantern movie. Or even an InArt Cavill Superman. Because those fit together. They have that Sci-Fi aesthetic.

In the end, that is indeed the problem with one-offs. I have literally 0 idea where to put a Spider-Man or Indiana Jones in the future. I know I can pair Baleman and Ledger, and I can then add a Battinson or a Deathstroke. Even if they never make a Michael Corleone, I could still pair Vito with my BCS Tommy Shelby and Iconiq Patrick Bateman. But the Indys, the Jack Sparrows; those are trickier.

In theory I'd be okay with a display of 2 for Dune, but I'd much prefer 5-6. There's a bit of potential for that maybe, especially with this being their first global licence and the films being star packed as they are. I think many casual Dune fans, who are general 1:6 collectors, would pick up Josh Brolin, Javier Bardem, Oscar Isaac, Jason Momoa, and Stellan Skarsgard figures.
I don't know if I'd go that deep because I find the DUNC designs rather underwhelming. But the big name stars do certainly help. Maybe AUGToys will make some more, but they went dark pretty early. Depending on how DUNC 2 does, I can see InArt making something extra. But they've already said that they're focusing on the main characters across the board, so they're not a company that I can see making the B/C listers from their licences. For example beyond some Neos, at most I'd expect Morpheus and Trinity from The Matrix, not the Twins, Persephone or whatever else.

I myself would like something more than just Paul, if only to make the Dune section bigger and more prominent. We'll see. For the time being I'm wondering if they'll try a two-pack situation with a uniformed Paul or if it'll be just the stillsuit. In either case, it'll be an impressive figure.

Isn't the whole playground-fantasy having characters from different movies all together in one?
Depends on how you set up your collection. I myself like sections. I wouldn't want to mix Cosmic Marvel with Superman. It seems off to me to have Thanos, Warlock, some FF, Nova, Silver Surfer, whatever else, and then at the far end to have a lone Superman. I'd rather pair him with a Kirk and a Spock. I can put Neo next to the T-800 and Adam Jensen from Deus Ex. I can put Sherlock next to Dracula and have a mini Gothic set up. I can come up with a "Movie Icons" shelf and pair Indy with Don Corleone, Aragorn, Conan, Jack Sparrow and Deckard, all in a row. But I can't add a Davy Jones and a Roy Batty there because that'd mess up the numbers. You just have to find that sweet spot. It's about how the themes flow. That and how well the figures go together, from aesthetics, realism, etc. Plus how you have it all set up. Moducases? Custom builds? Detolfs?

In my case it's a moot point since I keep everything in storage until I get that "perfect" space, so I reckon I'll set up my entire collection in 2033 (if I haven't been bombed by then). For the time being I'm content fixing my bookshelves and such, but all my figures stay in their boxes, stored all over. I need to see what I end up getting before I make any plans for displaying. What gets made, how it turns out, how it all fits together by the end. I'll probably go the custom route and commission a full piece. I can't see it working otherwise. As I've said before, I'm all over the place. I've narrowed it down to about 20 different themes/IPs that I'm into. Some I want a single figure from, others potentially 5 or 20 but I could be happy with 2. If I don't reach the end, I won't know. I was sure I'd get that Tobey-Man but it turned out to be underhwelming so I'm passing and waiting. Which means that maybe his spot will go to something else I hadn't considered. Or maybe nothing will come up and I'll be 300$ less broke. It's an unpredictable hobby. So I'm hesitant to plan in the vein of "oh yeah, I'm going to get that 6-fig moducase to put my Batman stuff in" when I have no idea if I'll end up getting anything beyond a Baleman and a Ledger. It's all in flux.

Back