Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure they all had a big S on their chest :p

Also the previous post correctly references matt reeves

Just saying :geek:
Haha touche. There were posts a couple of days ago referencing Reeve/s playing Superman but yes Matt Reeves should have never directed The Batman it’s just added to my old age/senility lol.

DECAA151-D4A0-4859-AD00-F1B43F5D210C.gif

A lot of people like Ben. He’s not my favourite but he was very good. I think a lot of people would agree.
Affleck could have been the undisputed best, if only things had been different AND he had wanted to go ahead with the standalone movie. Even ZSJL couldn't save him but there were glimpses of perfection in BvS, lots of things conspired to show it was never meant to be

A lot of people like Ben. He’s not my favourite but he was very good. I think a lot of people would agree.
I grew up with Keaton so he'll always be my Batman but nostalgia aside, Affleck is clearly the best Batman in both his Batman and Bruce Wayne persona. It is a crime we never saw his Batman v Deathstroke Arkham Asylum movie and Gareth Edwards (The Raid) Deathstroke movies. Thanks old WB for your terrible decisions, glad to see you all getting fired! :)

I grew up with Keaton so he'll always be my Batman but nostalgia aside, Affleck is clearly the best Batman in both his Batman and Bruce Wayne persona. It is a crime we never saw his Batman v Deathstroke Arkham Asylum movie and Gareth Edwards (The Raid) Deathstroke movies. Thanks old WB for your terrible decisions, glad to see you all getting fired! :)
Amen !

I pop into this thread from time to time to see what’s up…

After Gandalf was shown I echo my sentiment… badass prototype. Reminds me of my viper White Gandalf which I love to death. But it all means nothing until the final thing is in hand. If it looks 75% like that it will be a marvel. I’ll stop my naysaying until I’m proven wrong but still color me skeptical they can deliver on final product.

On an unrelated note… in the spirit of this very charged forum these often being derailed, it’s funny seeing how these beloved properties touch people in different ways. Perhaps I’m blinded by the absolute atrocity of filmmaking that were the Snyder DC movies ( for te record I’m a hardcore Watchmen and 300 fan) but I can’t for the life of me understand how any Batman fan could take Ben afflek as Batman seriously and watch him on screen with a straight face.

My sentiment is similar to Robert Pattinson by the way who I think is equally as terrible an actor if but worse. But I wonder if he will have a Leonardo DiCaprio type turnaround wirh his high profile roles and exposure to great directors and talent maybe he will become good in time.

In any case I will say that The Batman was not a bad film in spite of Pattinson as I do like Reeves. Half assed Seven with Batman is what I think of it. But it had its moments. Enough for me to get behind another movie wirh this universe at least.

As for Batflek good riddance. Please take Leto joker and anything related to JLA except Wonder Woman on the way out with you.

Nevertheless far be it for me to **** on something someone enjoys, the beauty of the time we live in is there’s more than enough DC and Marvel high profile and high budget TV and film to go around and that alone is something to celebrate. Our generation grew up from being kids dreaming of getting these things mainstream to getting it to happen and that’s amazing.

I really don't like comparing The Batman to Se7en. Se7en was directed by a master who understands a slow burn has to be tense.

The Batman had too many shots that last at least a third longer than needed, making it boring, voice overs that sounded more like The Tick than Batman, and performances that felt like they overdosed on Ambien.

Except Colin Farrell, who was playing the love child of Joe Pesci and Robert de Niro on a cocaine bender.

I pop into this thread from time to time to see what’s up…

After Gandalf was shown I echo my sentiment… badass prototype. Reminds me of my viper White Gandalf which I love to death. But it all means nothing until the final thing is in hand. If it looks 75% like that it will be a marvel. I’ll stop my naysaying until I’m proven wrong but still color me skeptical they can deliver on final product.

On an unrelated note… in the spirit of this very charged forum these often being derailed, it’s funny seeing how these beloved properties touch people in different ways. Perhaps I’m blinded by the absolute atrocity of filmmaking that were the Snyder DC movies ( for te record I’m a hardcore Watchmen and 300 fan) but I can’t for the life of me understand how any Batman fan could take Ben afflek as Batman seriously and watch him on screen with a straight face.

My sentiment is similar to Robert Pattinson by the way who I think is equally as terrible an actor if but worse. But I wonder if he will have a Leonardo DiCaprio type turnaround wirh his high profile roles and exposure to great directors and talent maybe he will become good in time.

In any case I will say that The Batman was not a bad film in spite of Pattinson as I do like Reeves. Half assed Seven with Batman is what I think of it. But it had its moments. Enough for me to get behind another movie wirh this universe at least.

As for Batflek good riddance. Please take Leto joker and anything related to JLA except Wonder Woman on the way out with you.

Nevertheless far be it for me to **** on something someone enjoys, the beauty of the time we live in is there’s more than enough DC and Marvel high profile and high budget TV and film to go around and that alone is something to celebrate. Our generation grew up from being kids dreaming of getting these things mainstream to getting it to happen and that’s amazing.
I think that’s the first time I’ve seen anyone take a negative stance against Battinson because they think R-Patz is a bad actor- but I seldom read Facebook or YouTube comments so there are probably millions.

I thought the main reason many were willing to overlook the seemingly mismatched casting based on his looks, build etc. and twilight affiliation and give him the benefit of the doubt was because he’s shown himself to have some pretty decent acting chops since ‘the necrophiliac and beastiality saga’ concluded.

But we all have our different tastes and, one of the beauties of Batman is that you can portray him in a myriad of ways, while maintaining the essence of the character.

I’m actually all for an atypical casting for Batman and Michael Keaton was exactly that. I’d argue Ben afflek was as well but that went in the opposite direction.

So indeed it was less about the build and look of Pattinson and more about his acting for me maybe mixed a bit with the depiction in the Reeves film; who was pretty much just ultimately unlikable. Batman is one of my all time favorite characters and oddly enough his character always teeters on unlikable which is why casting and portrayal can tip it over the edge one way or another. To me that’s why I forgive the very un Bruce Wayne like look of Keaton, he portrayed Wayne and Batman as likable despite all thst was stacked against the character. I felt similar to Bale though he was more of a traditional Bruce Wayne to me, it takes a lot to be an absolute twat at times as Bruce Wayne is and how he was in the Nolan films and still make you root for him… Bale was arguablely the most faithful to the comic portrayal ever casted.

I do feel that Robert Pattinson is not a strong actor and it’s got nothing to do with twilight as I never saw them. I actually first thought that in the lighthouse which was a pheonimnal film and I understand it takes at least some talent to stand in a film when literally the only other actor is one of the all time greats Willem Dafoe… but what kept that film short of being great was Pattinson clearly overacting wooden and lacking conviction in his performance at least in my eyes.

Tenant pulls people in opposite directions, I’m one of the ones who found it unwatchable but I don’t blame Pattinson for that specifically but he didn’t help.

In remeber watching Gangs of New York and thinking why the he’ll did Marty cast this guy in such a high profile role, I loved that film but thought the Amsterdam performance was really cringy. Role after role working with somenkf the best directors in the world Leo grew into a great. It’s clear Hollywood has pegged Pattinson as the guy… maybe he will have a similar trajectory in time.

And also I know The Batman gets compares to Seven a lot and I did that above but there’s absolute no comparison to the films. Seven is a great and Fincher is a legend.

Nonetheless as I said I’m happy to be alive in a time where we can have enjoyable superhero movies and the good and even the great far outweighs the bad. Even mediocre is a blessing and more than we could have dreamed of as kids… us over 30 that is!

Not sure why everyone is so excited about InArt / Queen Studios. They will be doing figures HT already did at a higher price (even if lower than aftermarket HT). Seems they are being worshipped while having produced pretty much nothing. It's all hype for now.
If this allows people to get figures they missed that MIGHT be better than what HT produced; fine. But I prefer to see small companies giving us great new designs/characters at lower prices. How many Ledger Joker do we need after all ? :cautious:

My hype has worn off for sure.

Now it's just watching what they release, only getting Paul, maybe Pennywise for sure.

I'm just burnt out from comic book stuff.

Not sure why everyone is so excited about InArt / Queen Studios. They will be doing figures HT already did at a higher price (even if lower than aftermarket HT). Seems they are being worshipped while having produced pretty much nothing. It's all hype for now.
If this allows people to get figures they missed that MIGHT be better than what HT produced; fine. But I prefer to see small companies giving us great new designs/characters at lower prices. How many Ledger Joker do we need after all ? :cautious:
Exactly. They are making the same figures and hiking the price because they are obsessed with putting doll hair on everything. They should have been making neglected licenses like comics, world of warcraft, star wars the old republic etc..not the exact same crap other companies are releasing and at a more expensive price point.

It’s not like they can just pick up these licenses and start doing them. :lol

WB seems fairly generous with handing out their licenses and they have a fairly broad catalogue so it’s understandable why QS went all in with them.

They would have to fight tooth and nail for any Disney license, but especially anything Star Wars action figure related. Other licenses may just not be sustainable from a business perspective.

My hype has worn off for sure.

Now it's just watching what they release, only getting Paul, maybe Pennywise for sure.

I'm just burnt out from comic book stuff.
They put up a Pennywise teaser. No idea why they would do that directly after Hot Toys have theirs now for sale.

I can't imagine there were a lot of those sold either going by the thread length there.

Weird they would even invest in that, let alone be one of their starting figures.....

Back