Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some interesting stuff from recent QS/InArt interview:

• Two Michael Jackson figures in the works, prototypes basically done. Will be shown at SDCC (alongside QS life-size MJ & T-800 bust from T2). PO shortly after. Globally licensed!
  • If licensing is no issue with Arnold and StudioCanal, they want to do T-800 from T2
  • Harry Potter license is the whole IP including Fantastic Beasts
  • 1990 TMNT possible since Queen Studios boss seems to be a big fan
  • Current plan for LOTR is only Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Nazgul. They'll consider the whole Fellowship but depends on sales. Could take time
  • Affleck, Cavill, Gadot will be from BvS and ZSJL combined
  • Bale will definitely be from TDK. Batman Begins maybe in a few years. Hathaway Catwoman planned
  • Pheonix Joker currently being worked on. Diorama piece, number of figures/bodies/heads unknown. Price 1000 USD or more
  • Female figures harder to produce, won't see Wonder Woman or Daenerys announced before next year at the earliest
  • Alien/Predator license hard to obtain if you didn't have a contract with Fox before
  • Disney basically telling InArt "Who are you again? Come back in a few years, then we can talk"
  • They wanna get in touch with several studios when they're in the US, AMC was mentioned --> Walking Dead, Breaking Bad

Definitely recommend watching the whole thing if you have time, this is just what I remember from watching it yesterday. One thing I found confusing though: John said they're always triyng to reach more territories. He said the DC global license isn't easy to get. That's strange because JazzInc recently got the global license for 1/6 DC figures and Joost basically said that it was easy to obtain since Warner is pretty much desperate right now :dunno

out of the live stream, below is what I'm interested/my comments.:
  • Terminator
    • A T2 T800 would be one of the easiest purchases. Hopefully he'd include Galleria items.
  • Harry Potter/Wizarding World
    • So, if they're also are planning Fantastic Beasts, I guess I need to sell my New Scamander figures as well.
  • 1990 TMNT
    • As much as I think I'd love to have to have these, I wonder if I'd actually purchase. The NECA figures were really great, but I never actually wanted to buy them.
  • LOTR
    • I just hope they get to Gimli. I can surprisingly do w/o Frodo and Sam.
  • Snyderverse Tinity
    • I wonder what exactly they they mean by "combined." I don't want a Blacksuit Superman. Hopefully they give the option like JND did where you can choose either the blue suit or black suit.
    • Obviously want BvS Batman over JL though I think if InArt can make the JL version look as good as some of the customs I've seen, I wouldn't mind it
    • Wonder Woman works for either/both version.
  • Nolanverse TDK Trilogy
    • We already knew it was going to be the TDK version which I hope we see it sooner than later. Mostly just so I can see what he comes with like sonar head, backpack etc.
    • I would consider a Hathaway Catwoman if it looks as good as their 1/6 on batpod
  • Walking Dead
    • I would be completely satisfied with just a Daryl. But I'd take Negan as well. Rick has never been my favorite so idk if I'd pay InArt prices for one.
  • Disney
    • Don't really mind them not having anything Disney just yet as much as I would love a better Captain America.
    • Funny that they're saying they don't know who InArt is when they're parent company has made a ton of MCU statues and busts.
EDIT: Also, don't know why some of the sub-bullet points went bold even though they aren't selected as such. There's no emphasis on those bullets points. Just the text being buggy.

Aaahh so much to look forward to!! :thud::panic:

If the two MJ's actually look like him and not a crappy impersonator (especially if from the Thriller / BAD era). I'm grabbing both.
John stated that they won't be versions that hot toys have done before, also dropped a massive hint that one is smooth criminal.

If only they got the license for Prince.

If they do make the 1990 TMNT (I'm skeptical but fingers crossed!) then hopefully they spread them out one every six months or so! My wallet couldn't take the hit of all 4 at once. But man if they did them and they look as good as the stuff we've seen so far then I think they may well become my favourite figures ever.

If they do make the 1990 TMNT (I'm skeptical but fingers crossed!) then hopefully they spread them out one every six months or so! My wallet couldn't take the hit of all 4 at once. But man if they did them and they look as good as the stuff we've seen so far then I think they may well become my favourite figures ever.
What about a 4-pack for 2K all in?

The box would definitely be at least as big as Joker’s- but then we wouldn’t get individual diorama/background pieces with each character and you might be limited with accessories…

OK, I instantly talked myself out of it. One at a time it is. Just get them to me eventually and we’re good.

Last edited:
Really bummed out with the Aliens and predators not being promised in the near distant future
Such a shame, but I’m sure it’s not for the lack of trying. I have a feeling they’ll eventually get them. Having those licences, as well as Terminator, LOTR, and DC would truly put them toe to toe with Hot Toys.

IMG_6264.jpeg

Last edited:
Geesh... I'll have to pick this one up if it looks as good as we are expecting.

Will this be JL or BvS version? I only have the MoS and black suit versions so either of the others will be great.

Geesh... I'll have to pick this one up if it looks as good as we are expecting.

Will this be JL or BvS version? I only have the MoS and black suit versions so either of the others will be great.
Looks like BVS with the darker blue but we shall see. I'll log the first complaint, lol - feet look small.

Back