Queen Studios: Captain America - The Winter Soldier (Stealth Suit) 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hToSJFD.jpg

7Aeudtz.jpg

Wait a minute! My payment plan goes on for another year. Am I gonna have to pay this off much earlier? Good problem to have, I guess.

Even Queen has this as Q2 2023 so I didn't expect pics this early

Looks really good!

This is probably the one time I wish they delayed to correct the shield size. It's definitely undersized.
Polish_20220831_221310705.jpg

This is probably the one time I wish they delayed to correct the shield size. It's definitely undersized.
View attachment 597578

It does seem a tad tiny on the 1/4, but I wouldn't always take key art as the gospel for representation. A creative director could have had design alter the shield size for visibility (e.g. Cap's sled from the first Avengers key art).

4YCmP9L.jpg

It does look a tiny bit smaller than it could be, but I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't pointed out. And I agree, it probably changes from one bit of promo material to another, as well as cgi scenes

That Chris Evans sculpt does sure look nice and I'd say it's still a decent first shot. The bar for that's pretty low though so that's saying a lot:lol

I just hope it's not that glossy in person and the material just reflects light like crazy from all the pics.

That Chris Evans sculpt does sure look nice and I'd say it's still a decent first shot. The bar for that's pretty low though so that's saying a lot:lol

I just hope it's not that glossy in person and the material just reflects light like crazy from all the pics.
It was pretty shiny to me in the proto pics. I think we're basically getting the proto, once the better pics come out. In these days of 3D printing they'd have to work pretty hard to mess this one up. The sculpt seems basically identical to me

Ok, in natural lighting, it’s absolutely beautiful. And I can already tell that this is one of those rare pieces where the overused phrase, “you have to see it in person”, absolutely applies.

The shield still seems undersized, and the details are definitely not sharp like the prototype. Very similar to how the 1/4 Black Widows both turned out.

I just saw a YouTube review of the Queen 1/2 Scale Endgame Cap and was not really wowed there, either. That has silicone and glass eyes, and while the face looks better than this one, things like no hair at the bottom of the back of the helmet, the hands being different colors from each other and the silicone face, the costume having weird teal colors in the paint and a pretty 'meh' base just make it not seem worth $3k.

The review of the $10k life-size Thanos torso bust was unflattering from the same reviewer, and it had no silicone skin at all... sloppy paint, weird texture choices in places, etc. would have made me really mad if I had invested in that piece.

I am a little worried that Queen Studios is doing too much stuff all at once and rushing things out the door, and quality is dipping because of it... so much so that I decided not to PO the life-size Thor bust because of it. The Cap and Loki on display at SDCC didn't seem as good as the preorder pics made them look, either (I paid the $1k PO for Loki and am really worried about that one).

Will wait to see how Thor turns out and if I want it I will buy it then.

Last edited:
Back