Queen Studios: Captain America - The Winter Soldier (Stealth Suit) 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sculpt is nice but it is so weirdly shiny

That was one of my knocks about it since they showed it but I'm just hoping it's from the super bright spot lights when they take pics. It should be muted better once he's actually on display in natural lighting. I hope...

Very pleased with the price. I saw someone asking for an extra shield and a Steve Rogers portrait without his helmet. Collectors complain about price and then they make an affordable piece and the same collectors gripe because all of the extras they want aren't included.

I do agree the suit has a weird gloss that makes it look like leather instead of fabric, but I think this would be an instant buy for any Cap fan.

I’m not crazy about the likeness. We’ve seen better custom captain America sculpts in 1/6. Also the suit doesn’t look like material it looks like rubber and plastic- futuristic looking. I hope they can address these issues.

I didn’t even realize the pose is emulating the movie promo poster - including the regular shield - definitely still love this though 🤘🏻

Attachments

• C372496E-D89D-4C0A-B653-2B678A33A8B1.jpeg
    C372496E-D89D-4C0A-B653-2B678A33A8B1.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 36
That would mean redesigning the package to accommodate the extra shield and of course the people asking for it wants it all included without having to pay extra. Yeah totally reasonable. These companies should always bend to all the entitled requests from certain people regardless of the cost. I on the other hand prefer that they brought the product in at a reasonable price which they did.
I understand all your points. However, I’d like to address a growing trend that I’ve been noticing on here and in collector community groups. That trend is that most “suggestions” no matter how reasonable are becoming more and more dismissed as “entitled”. I do agree some come off as “never satisfied moaning“ but the collector companies have created the atmosphere with switch-outs being the norm and especially with Queen Studios welcoming customer interaction. There really are some good ideas that people suggest if companies just sift through the unreasonable requests like switch out sculpt with rooted hair. Personally, I’ll be displaying this Cap as is but I don‘t think adding an additional shield would be too unreasonable to ask for fans. I just feel like other collectors are like “Dude, shut up! You’ll make them charge more.” But do realize that the people that would pay more are actually the ones that drive the hobby to higher heights. A handful of years from now when these statues are in hand and you see pics of people who customized their Cap with the stealth shield, you’d be wishing they included a switch-out. It just makes it more fun and that’s what it should be about.

—— Rant Transmission Complete ——

He's up on Spec Fic

The price is reasonable so I would have paid more for the stealth shield, those last pics shoo posted are less impressive IMO, he looks more toy like

If there are any potential buyers who don’t already have an account with SpecFictionShop, shoot me a PM. I believe a referral can get you $20 off. New accounts only.

Damn!
I am really Torn! I have been finally keeping up with my rule of 1 figure per character as I sold all my Cap
except for the 1/4 Iron Studios Endgame as I figured that is his last and might be the best suit.
But this suit has always been just a tad, very slightly behind endgame suit for me.

But seeing this statue now, I think this might be better.
If I get this though, I want to stick to that rule, so I might have to sell my IS Cap.
Man, dont know what to do. :gah:
Nah, the IS endgame is much better. The suit is beautifully armored, scupted and textured specially around the chest area and you have all the switchouts. The suit in this statue looks like a padded jump suit with mute colors. Their endgame 1/2 should have had this pose.

Before this was announced, I also only only kept the IS EG Cap and that was my definitive Cap statue. I didn't think I'd ever need another either.

But then I realized this will be one of the most easily justified double dip piece for a character as it will ever get.

It's the first time he started wearing this "style" of his costume, so you'll sort of have a bookend-type of MCU Cap with the two statues.

Or just look at it as his two costumes from Endgame. The only costume Cap ever wore twice.

Plus, he's just so badass everytime he has this suit on. From the boat scene to the elevator escape to taking down the Quinjet. Not a dull moment in this costume.

Or just don't get it and live with regret:dunno :lol
Sound arguments. You sound a lot like me (and probably you) every time there's a slight Boba Fett variant... This Stealth Suit is a beauty...but the for sure need to add the stealth shield.

Yeah, I got it cause I have the Regret Rule, which have been spot on for many years now. if I’m not sure and can’t answer if I’ll regret it, then I pass. And many times, I’m cool with just passing it.

but this one, I know I’ll regret it if I don’t get it.
I know now if I have to make the big decision of sticking to my other rule, the one character per figure, I will have a hard time but will sell the IS endgame cap.
It’s a hard decision but I like Queen’s just a tad better.

in comparing both statues, Queens nailed the physique. I feel the IS is a tad on the bigger side, making Cap appear a tad more bulkier. Also the most important part, Q has the better headsculp which is the focal point of any statue. I also love the pose better.

IS though is the endgame suit, with many alternate parts. and for me personally, even with all this parts, its always been displayed with hammer, broken shield, and helmeted head. I do also like the darker midnight blue helmet. Texturing is also better on IS. Love the weathering.

It’s a hard decision. will try to keep both if I can, but with statues getting more expensive, sometimes we have to let one go to fund the next, and if I have let go of one, I’ll keep Queens.

Yeah, I got it cause I have the Regret Rule, which have been spot on for many years now. if I’m not sure and can’t answer if I’ll regret it, then I pass. And many times, I’m cool with just passing it.

but this one, I know I’ll regret it if I don’t get it.
I know now if I have to make the big decision of sticking to my other rule, the one character per figure, I will have a hard time but will sell the IS endgame cap.
It’s a hard decision but I like Queen’s just a tad better.

in comparing both statues, Queens nailed the physique. I feel the IS is a tad on the bigger side, making Cap appear a tad more bulkier. Also the most important part, Q has the better headsculp which is the focal point of any statue. I also love the pose better.

IS though is the endgame suit, with many alternate parts. and for me personally, even with all this parts, its always been displayed with hammer, broken shield, and helmeted head. I do also like the darker midnight blue helmet. Texturing is also better on IS. Love the weathering.

It’s a hard decision. will try to keep both if I can, but with statues getting more expensive, sometimes we have to let one go to fund the next, and if I have let go of one, I’ll keep Queens.
I sold IS Cap because of that. Too much massive, I agree. I love and I will buy this one.

I think IS cap is great, if you only own that one then that's all you need IMO

Queen looks good but it's not his iconic outfit, winter soldier was cool but it's no endgame

No need to swap for this one IMO as queen may be the hot new thing but they'll prob do another 1/4 scale cap eventually

I have all 3 Captain America statues from Iron Studios, and imo I believe this one looks better. The IS Endgame piece has always had one major problem and that had to do with both of its head sculpts, both of which imo looked worse than the ones Iron Studios produced for their previous AOU and CW pieces.

Whereas at least from this prototype, the Queen head sculpt looks potentially better than all 3 from Iron Studios, but definitely the one from Endgame.

But the Iron Studios one as stated by others has two important things going for it and that is obviously that it’s from Endgame as well as all the many interchangeable display options that came with the deluxe version.

And chances are that Queen Studios will produce an Endgame piece with a spectacular unmasked head sculpt.

I have all 3 Captain America statues from Iron Studios, and imo I believe this one looks better. The IS Endgame piece has always had one major problem and that had to do with both of its head sculpts, both of which imo looked worse than the ones Iron Studios produced for their previous AOU and CW pieces.

Whereas at least from this prototype, the Queen head sculpt looks potentially better than all 3 from Iron Studios, but definitely the one from Endgame.

But the Iron Studios one as stated by others has two important things going for it and that is obviously that it’s from Endgame as well as all the many interchangeable display options that came with the deluxe version.

And chances are that Queen Studios will produce an Endgame piece with a spectacular unmasked head sculpt.
Exactly, I agree queen's likeness looks a little better and the IS unmasked headsculpt has never seen the light of day in my collection, I just think overall their endgame cap looks amazing and if I could only choose one, it would be that one. Until queen come out with a better one lol...

Anybody have any suggestions on where to order this? Normally I'd go with TW but after getting bent over in shipping charges I'm looking elsewhere.

Back