Queen Studios: Captain America (Chris Evans) 1:2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The legs look too skinny, like he's wearing tight jeans. They need to show a video of this displayed without all the lighting.

Silicone is highly unnecessary. Should have included a switch-out arm without the hammer.

I know that silicon can produce a great realistic looking effect but personally I likely won't buy collectibles that utilize it. The longevity of it is unknown but I suspect it won't last very long. The simple fact that it requires maintenance (which I also want nothing to do with) strongly suggests this. And these silicon pieces are high priced, I hate to watch them degrade in a relatively short period of time.

I know that silicon can produce a great realistic looking effect but personally I likely won't buy collectibles that utilize it. The longevity of it is unknown but I suspect it won't last very long. The simple fact that it requires maintenance (which I also want nothing to do with) strongly suggests this. And these silicon pieces are high priced, I hate to watch them degrade in a relatively short period of time.
You might be right about the longevity, but nobody really knows

Also, these pieces do not require maintenance, cap has no hair to futz but I would be nervous about leaving him in the open for dust to collect on his skin

Also, these pieces do not require maintenance, cap has no hair to futz but I would be nervous about leaving him in the open for dust to collect on his skin
I think with silicone it's a good idea to use a small makeup sponge dabbed in cornstarch, baby powder or something similar to keep it from cracking, getting sticky/tacky and drying out. At least that's what I've heard as a way to keep silicone going on for as long as possible. I've done it for my phicen/tbleague bodies (specifically the pre-owned SS Wonder Woman I bought that had some dust) and it's amazing how rubbing the powder revitalizes the silicone as well as gets rid of any fuz and/or dust in the process. Just like with leather and rubber parts, it's good to use some sort of cleaner/conditioner to keep degrading at bay and the like-new look for as long as possible.

It's not about hair maintenance it's silicon skin maintenance. Most if not all high end silicon based statues and busts come with instructions on how to maintain the silicon. Some come with kits and the necessary products required.

jwEg002.jpg

I wouldn't mind a half scale mark 3. I thought I wanted a mark 7 but the proportions and pose don't do it for me, looking at queen's version

I bet they will make a second one in the near future, without the hammer and with the actor's likeness.
There is no reason this statue does not have a swap-out arm without the hammer, it's a no brainer.
And the excuse they gave for the lack of helmetless head is odd. They could have just waited for likeness approval.

I bet they will make a second one in the near future, without the hammer and with the actor's likeness.
There is no reason this statue does not have a swap-out arm without the hammer, it's a no brainer.
And the excuse they gave for the lack of helmetless head is odd. They could have just waited for likeness approval.

How many 1/2 scales have come with any significant interchangeable options like an additional arm or head that came as standard with the piece? I can’t think of a single one.

I'd hate to see the price on one with a full likeness of Chris Evans done in silicone. If it isn't $4k+ I'd be shocked.

I'd hate to see the price on one with a full likeness of Chris Evans done in silicone. If it isn't $4k+ I'd be shocked.

Well they do have their Aquaman piece and that one was priced quite reasonably; only one or two hundred more than this Cap piece.

This one doesn't look all that great, either. Not sure what is happening with Queen Studios,
but after plunking down as much cash as I did with the new Loki bust, it better be closer to the prototype
than this guy is.

This one doesn't look all that great, either. Not sure what is happening with Queen Studios,
but after plunking down as much cash as I did with the new Loki bust, it better be closer to the prototype
than this guy is.
He looks like a cheap life-sized statue you'd find in a shop or cinema or the disney store, especially in the trousers it looks very unspectacular

The sculpt still looks pretty good.

The shield and mjolnir look especially unimpressive... even the plastic versions of the HTs have a better finish.

Don't see the appeal in fully sculpted on something this large... it never looks real, aren't we aiming for realism?

The sculpt still looks pretty good.

The shield and mjolnir look especially unimpressive... even the plastic versions of the HTs have a better finish.

Don't see the appeal in fully sculpted on something this large... it never looks real, aren't we aiming for realism?
Fabric can look great on smaller pieces especially but when you get half scale there's the danger of looking like a small person or child lol

I agree the paint is lackluster and flat, these pieces need to impress for the size and price

Back