Queen Studios: Captain America (Chris Evans) 1:2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I saw that video from WonderCon, it's a great price for a 1/2 scale but the paintwork on this piece is giving me movie theater prop vibes. :-(

I don't like 1/2 scale much. Of course they can look impressive but the scale is just strange. Really large pieces but they end up looking almost like a poor man's 1/1. Either go all in at life size or else give me 1/3 scale statues that cost less and look better in my opinion.

I actually like how this looks, and I have no idea what the issue some have with this piece.

The paint as far as I can see looks fine, especially under those event hall lights. The only issue that I saw on the video is that it was missing the ‘A’ on the helmet.

Likeness was as good or bad as any other helmeted Cap head sculpt produced by any other licensed company. I have 3x Iron Studios and most of the Hot Toys, but don’t have the Sideshow and Gentle Giant ones which were significant worse.

He looks great in promo pics, just under those lights the paint was very lacking and flat. Likeness is only a small factor on such a big piece where everything needs to impress

My bias towards the IS EG Cap aside, I do think it's the "weakest" of the 3 Cap's they've done sculpt-wise. Their AoU and CW Cap's look amazing but the deal breaker for both of them were the poses. The pose on the EG one is perfection but a lot of wrong colors on he costume and the soft sculpt were things I thought they could have done better. If Queen ever did announce an EG Cap, I feel like that would be the end-all, be-all one. For me, at least.

But as far as this particular costume, at least I can finally move on from ever wanting to settle for either of these for my Stealth Cap fix. So much left to be desired but with this look being scarce in this scale, it's always something I would go back and forth on just just to fill the void.

7bac1e1d-f0b1-48fb-851c-cf9441d1710e.jpg

captain-america_marvel_silo.png

This 1/2 scale is the best movie Cap on the market, and one of the best movie statues out there.

Back