Statue Queen Studios: Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those eyes/eyelids are defo off. I might just stick with my gentle giant after all

In fairness to the statue, I don't think a lot of these grainy quality pictures are doing her justice. I'd really like to see it in the hands of someone who can use a camera.

I think it matches the prototype pretty closely, which unfortunately was a bit off as well. I had this on PO at Spec Fiction with a 250 deposit during the height of my Avengers mania and once that subsided, I ate the deposit and avoided the remaining balance plus shipping. I've never done that with a PO before but ultimately I didn't want to throw good money at bad. I would've kept it had my mania not subsided and my focus shifted back to strictly Star Wars as it's not terrible, just not a home run.

I think it matches the prototype pretty closely, which unfortunately was a bit off as well. I had this on PO at Spec Fiction with a 250 deposit during the height of my Avengers mania and once that subsided, I ate the deposit and avoided the remaining balance plus shipping. I've never done that with a PO before but ultimately I didn't want to throw good money at bad. I would've kept it had my mania not subsided and my focus shifted back to strictly Star Wars as it's not terrible, just not a home run.
I'm questioning my order too (white version) but will see how I feel in hand.

Not my pic, both this and black version new pics on FB

Getting totally trashed on there, which I understand. I might try to darken the eye makeup and lipstick when I get mine

Attachments

• img_1_1667807926136.jpg
    img_1_1667807926136.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 0
I just saw the YouTube video on Batman Statue Collector with him saying "it's not that bad"... for this price point,
because it "looks like the prototype"... he has lost his mind. It needs to be WAY better than it is.

This isn't a $300 1/6 Hot Toys figure where the likeness is "subjective".
This is a $1,500 1/4 statue that has a portrait that looks nothing like the actress.

Look at this and tell me I'm wrong.
- Eyes - 100% not right
- Nose - Looks off
- Bottom Jaw / Face - Looks too wide
- Lips - Nowhere near full enough

And I mean, c'mon... she even looks freaking cross-eyed! For $1,500?!?

ScarJo_Comparison.jpg

I've been saying that Queen Studios is sliding on quality and taking on too much at once.
This is proof of that. I'm scared of pieces like that $4,000 Loki I ordered and the Cap & Thor LSB.

Last edited:
I just saw the YouTube video on BSC saying "it's not that bad"... for this price point,
it needs to be better than it is.

This isn't a $300 Hot Toys figure where the likeness is "subjective".
This is a $1,500 statue that has a portrait that looks nothing like the actress.

- Eyes - 100% not right
- Nose - Looks off

And I mean, c'mon... she is freaking cross-eyed! For $1,500?!?

View attachment 606860

I've been saying that Queen Studios is sliding on quality and taking on too much at once.
This is proof of that. I'm scared of pieces like that $4,000 Loki I ordered and the Cap & Thor LSB.
I agree with most of what you're saying but that 'real' pic of scarjo has been photoshopped to death, it's not a great comparison

I just saw the YouTube video on Batman Statue Collector with him saying "it's not that bad"... for this price point,
because it "looks like the prototype"... he has lost his mind. It needs to be WAY better than it is.

This is a $1,500 1/4 statue that has a portrait that looks nothing like the actress.

- Eyes - 100% not right
- Nose - Looks off

View attachment 606860

$1,500? Is that really how much she cost for US collectors?

I don't think it's any better or worse than what Queen originally showed as the prototype with the exception of her eyes. The eyes on the production pieces look very flat. That image on the right looks like it's been taken in harsh lighting conditions and it's washing out her portrait. Justin's review of the black suit did more justice to the likeness. I'd wait until better quality images or video are available before completely writing her off.

Once you factor in shipping, the ones one eBay are between $1,350 - $1,500.
She sold out most places, but I think if you preordered from SF it was around $1,000 shipped?

In either case, I just don't see the quality for the cost. if this thing were sub-$500, maybe?

Problem is the 1/3 and 1/4 market is crazy inflated now... Prime 1 has set the pricing bar and everyone else
is following suit. In this piece, everything from the likeness to the paint app misses the mark for an $800+ shipping MSRP statue.

I said the same thing with the 1/4 + 1/2 Captain America statues. The paint app is sub-par with other companies
for the pricing they are putting on the pieces. Their older pieces were much better.

- Eyes - 100% not right
- Nose - Looks off

View attachment 606860

The nose is actually 100% on point.

Back