Queen Studios: Alien Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do want it. I just don't want a half-azzed finish on a 4K statue. I was just jabbing because you previously said it looked fantastic and shouldn't be displayed in direct light.

Here is a picture by Beesub showing the original unmodified sculpt.
The front skull cracks weren't sculpted in yet either. Was that pic presented as a finished sculpt or a wip?

According to Beesub, that is the finished sculpt he submitted to them. I didn't notice that the skull cracks were not sculpted. So they modified his sculpt to act as a paint guide.

Horrible to know, they just alter an artists work afterwards by their own means. His sculpt was perfect.

On a side note: Was there ever crackles in the skull part anyway?

Here pictures of the Rambaldi used head that was auctioned a while back ( Source: )

1672484227692.png

Last edited:
That's not the Rambaldi, but I'm not sure how much it differs. Regardless, it sounds like Giger did at least some of the airbrush work on this one, which is head a shoulders above the work QS has given us.

According to Beesub, that is the finished sculpt he submitted to them. I didn't notice that the skull cracks were not sculpted. So they modified his sculpt to act as a paint guide.
The skull cracks were present on the prototype, but it doesn't look like the back ovals were. Odd. Still, production looks really close to proto here.

I still think this looks pretty good, given the always crappy China phone pics we seem to get first. However, there are two areas where I think they botched it up. 1) The dome being too clear, too much thick black line, and too much black in the back. and 2) the overspray on the chrome teeth.

I could live with the rest.

I still think this looks pretty good, given the always crappy China phone pics we seem to get first. However, there are two areas where I think they botched it up. 1) The dome being too clear, too much thick black line, and too much black in the back. and 2) the overspray on the chrome teeth.

I could live with the rest.

just arrived.

30F83672-37BE-4EA6-8778-DDF22CB70085.jpeg

AA0EB41E-6D7A-4B42-8447-6A4DB96725E3.jpeg

51612985-627A-4C5F-B348-59919CE12CF2.jpeg

The dome being detachable may save this piece for me. It will be super easy to correctly repaint this. It's just a shame that I will need to.

Last edited:
Looks really nice. Too bad about cancelling it. But gonna get me Mr Berserker. So it’s all good.

I can’t wait for your full thoughts on the bust.

Looks amazing, except for that honeycomb pattern, it really doesn't work at all as far as I'm concerned.
I wonder what he's going to do about the dome.

Eno has gone on a honeycomb tear. His recent stuff hasn't been screen accurate. Wait until you see how the oversprayed black dome covers everything up.

Back