Queen Studios: Alien Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They sculpted the lines in the skull after the prototype was shown. I got a message from someone over there today saying that they would look into the issues but I wouldn't think they would change anything since it's out in the wild.
The sculpted lines in the skull aren't accurate to the original I take it? Are you talking about the cracks, or the oval shapes on the sides?

Why do all of these companies insist on painting a thick black band at the bottom of the dome? They ALL do it without fail. That said, I think this looks okay otherwise. The paint definitely could have been better for the money. But I would like to have one in my home regardless...

Yeah, I do think so. It should be better for the prize…it’s a 6 month salary in spain guys….(6000€). But it’s the best looking alien big chap bust for me. I have the coolprops one and although i love it, the only thing I prefer on it is the accuracy and the size (I can display it in my vitrine). But paintjob, detail, sculpt of shoulders, spikes and so on, are better on the queen’s.
I have no place for queen’s bust and I thanks God for that! Haha. Happy with my coolprops bust bcs it is still a piece of art and a perfect representation of my fauvirite monster all the time!

Yeah, I do think so. It should be better for the prize…it’s a 6 month salary in spain guys….(6000€). But it’s the best looking alien big chap bust for me. I have the coolprops one and although i love it, the only thing I prefer on it is the accuracy and the size (I can display it in my vitrine). But paintjob, detail, sculpt of shoulders, spikes and so on, are better on the queen’s.
I have no place for queen’s bust and I thanks God for that! Haha. Happy with my coolprops bust bcs it is still a piece of art and a perfect representation of my fauvirite monster all the time!
I have the CoolProps Giger maquette, but don’t have the CoolProps bust. I regretted not getting it.

I tried to get it through the secondary market, but the price has shot up. So you got a good one, a grail in fact.

I did consider Bruce Hansing’s bust. But I wanted something much heavier.

Chase Smith is taking forever making his.

When Queen Studios came up with this one, I said, yeah, it’s on, baby, lol.

I placed my downpayment on the Queen bust. No regrets whatsoever. It’s my last big purchase. My collection needed that definitive centerpiece statue, and this is it.

Is it perfect? No. But it’s still going to be a showstopper. And I love the fact that it’s only 199 edition size.

Man, I'm honestly on the fence now. Those sculpted lines are really bad. Has anyone ever seen reference pics that shows them sculpted? The hard black edge on the cowl is an easy fix, bit those lines....I'm going to have to repaint the whole cowl to fix (hide) those.

Man, I'm honestly on the fence now. Those sculpted lines are really bad. Has anyone ever seen reference pics that shows them sculpted? The hard black edge on the cowl is an easy fix, bit those lines....I'm going to have to repaint the whole cowl to fix (hide) those.
If you cancel, you will lose the grand downpayment though…

I know what you mean. Though. Tough to pay all that money for a subpar product. You even got me thinking, lol.

Thanks for the latest pictures. I want to thank you, because those final pics were the nail on the coffin for me. I canceled the Queen Studios Alien bust from Cosmic Chase. I lost a $400 deposit, but at least it was not over a grand like some others demanded. I jumped on the train way too soon, but the low edition of 199 made me do it. Lesson learned. I’ll never preorder anything again until I see finalized production pictures. It’s still a beautiful bust, but for $5k or more, it better be perfect, and unfortunately, it’s not. Also the chances you have to take from a secondary statue seller, given that it’s only licensed in Asia. The thought of dealing with breakages etc. And many other factors. There will be other opportunities down the line. I’m saddened, but relived all at the same time.

If you cancel, you will lose the grand downpayment though…
I'm trying to remember what the down payment was from Spec Fiction. I had just paid in full, and now since it's on the waitlist, it doesn't show what the down payment is. If it's a grand, I'll keep it an fix it. If it's around $500 I'll take the loss.

Just put it in a dimly lit room.

Thanks for the latest pictures. I want to thank you, because those final pics were the nail on the coffin for me. I canceled the Queen Studios Alien bust from Cosmic Chase. I lost a $400 deposit, but at least it was not over a grand like some others demanded. I jumped on the train way too soon, but the low edition of 199 made me do it. Lesson learned. I’ll never preorder anything again until I see finalized production pictures. It’s still a beautiful bust, but for $5k or more, it better be perfect, and unfortunately, it’s not. Also the chances you have to take from a secondary statue seller, given that it’s only licensed in Asia. The thought of dealing with breakages etc. And many other factors. There will be other opportunities down the line. I’m saddened, but relived all at the same time.
Sorry to read this Galactusz. I think it is still a great bust but that’s true that for that prize, it should be perfect…I would like to buy it but I don’t hace the place for it and 5000-6000€ is too much for me to spend in a figure…

Now that I cancelled the bust, I’m really interested in the upcoming P1 Berserker Predator 1/3. I like it better than the Jungle Hunter. He’s taller but with a slightly less wide base. He looks so baddass with all those skulls and those dried up tree stumps on top of a wet mud base. He almost looks like a Demon in Hades, lol. Many don’t like the movie Predators, but I do. And the Berserker owned the Jungle Hunter… :eek::p:D

It's just sad, that Beesup's Zbrush sculpts and even the prototype photos promised the ultimate Big Chap product and Queen Studio butchered it. The sculpts where awesome and he posted great renders of those and now the in hand pictures are utterly disappointing. Not sure if Prime 1 would have handled a life-size Alien product better, but Queen is not the house to go.

I'm actually shocked at how close to prototype quality they've gotten, even with variance in lighting. They overdid the black on the dome a bit, particularly on the back, otherwise it looks great to me. I actually think the ovals look better on the production piece.

Queen Big Chap Bust 2.JPG

Queen Big Chap Bust 3.JPG

Isn't it crazy though, out of all the Alien movies there have been, that we've never seen the same classic design as in the first movie? With every release the design has changed. The closest we've gotten is Alien Isolation, though they changed the legs and that's a videogame.
It's a nice statue, congrats to those that bought it.

You certainly are busy on a thread about a statue you don't want. I wish I had your free time.
I do want it. I just don't want a half-azzed finish on a 4K statue. I was just jabbing because you previously said it looked fantastic and shouldn't be displayed in direct light.

Here is a picture by Beesub showing the original unmodified sculpt.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221228_151043_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20221228_151043_Facebook.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Back