Queen Studios: Alien Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be nearly 6 mortgage payments for me lol (£4.5k)
Totally with you on that. I am also walking the fence on this but it’s REALLY TOUGH to justify two months of mortgage payments for one statue…
We could always forget the mortgages, buy the piece and live in the shipping box when it comes, lol!
I'm still walking the fence too Xeno but this will sell out soon, then maybe we kick ourselves :slap

Even if you decided to sell it in the future, what a PITA it would be to ship it yourself. Can you tell I'm slowly talking my self out of buying it? Lol!

We could always forget the mortgages, buy the piece and live in the shipping box when it comes, lol!
I'm still walking the fence too Xeno but this will sell out soon, then maybe we kick ourselves :slap
Do it. This will be amazing in hand.

What's a ballpark price for one of the Bruce Hansing busts?
Cost me $3,000 USD shipped. They were limited to 25 so would be worth keeping an eye out on his Instagram.
The Head on the Queen Studio bust is the same as the Coolprops head, 91cm.
110cm by Bruce seems a we bit long, never heard of a head with a length that long to be honest.
Tbh my measurements might be a tad long as I only had my phone to measure everything. So it's probably 5-10cm shorter then what I got.

Bruce Hansing is easily the most reliable guy when it comes to Big Chap stuff, guy lived with Giger for years and helped setup the museum in Sweden. So the way I see it is he's the guy to trust when it comes to sizing on this guy

s2zbeTM.jpg
I’ll take one of each 😏

There will always be another piece, I don't have the space for this anyway but if you have the space and money....
How do you think it stacks up against Leigh's bust? This is the one I was hoping to get but he's been working on it since 2011 and still not finished.
View attachment 594830
I like how streamlined this looks, much more organic base too

How do you think it stacks up against Leigh's bust? This is the one I was hoping to get but he's been working on it since 2011 and still not finished.
View attachment 594830
That’s the perfect bust for me or something like the SW’s warrior bust… The queen studios one looks anazing but too much torso on my opinion for a bust that should focus on the head. Glad gfir the future owners, it’s a nice pice but not for me though!

Waiting on a guy to finish a sculpt he's been working on for 11 years is insane lol

As for this piece, I think it's the most impressive Alien bust or perhaps even Alien piece altogether that I've ever seen. The pricing is brutal though and I just thank god I have no place to display this. This is the kind of piece my wife would divorce me over, so when it gets to that level I know I can just watch from afar. I will be very jealous to anyone who buys this and is able to properly display it.

Paint scheme here is holding up okay, considering the close-ups and the relatively large amount of light on this thing. Better than new pics of Mamegyorai's 1/2 scale head, but not by too much. Also keep in mind, the actual production pieces are often a toss of the dice when it comes to paint apps.

Back