Queen Studios: Alien Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
s2zbeTM.jpg

Sounds like beesub has done other work with Queen Studios that he can't discuss yet. Excited to see what it is!

This is astoundingly expensive. I thought the Prime 1 Museum/Action Pose was expensive…I guess I’m just not used to 1:1 scale pieces this large. I bought the Sideshow 1:1 Mark 42 bust back in the day for a grand. Inflation! 😁

Just measured my Bruce Hansing bust to see how this compares and it is a bit smaller. Length im getting around 110cm around 90cm. Height measures around 75cm and is literally only shoulders on a tiny bit pole. Can't imagine making a full torso with only 17cm wiggle room. Seems more like a 1/2.5 or 1/2.75View attachment 594720
The Head on the Queen Studio bust is the same as the Coolprops head, 91cm.
110cm by Bruce seems a we bit long, never heard of a head with a length that long to be honest.

It is stupid expensive. No one can seem to get the skull right or take the time to get it right. Dome is too clear. Skull is too white. Black loops on skull look like a stencil. Dark black edge all the way around the dome. FFS. Also is it growing out of rock? WTF?

And a $1150 deposit at spec fiction so if you decide to back out for whatever reason, you've lost a lot of money.

Who knows what shipping will be. They'll have to send it in a crate.

It is stupid expensive. No one can seem to get the skull right or take the time to get it right. Dome is too clear. Skull is too white. Black loops on skull look like a stencil. Dark black edge all the way around the dome. FFS. Also is it growing out of rock? WTF?

And a $1150 deposit at spec fiction so if you decide to back out for whatever reason, you've lost a lot of money.

Who knows what shipping will be. They'll have to send it in a crate.
So you will be getting this or not? :D

I think it looks pretty great, but would have preferred less body and more focus on the head

I like how we can see the skull and detail underneath, in lower mood light he looks the best

I keep finding more reasons to not buy it than to buy it. But just for me personally. If we were guaranteed a dead-on accurate paint job and not some factory job, it would make the decision a little easier.

Beautiful, but too expensive for me (especially with Canadian conversion) - may be tempted for an alien warrior if they do one in the future.

Full on serious.

From BEESUB-
"I am proud to share the latest work I did with Queen Studios Collectibles. The 1:1 LIFE SIZE ALIEN BIG CHAP BUST (H.R. Giger Version).
I am a huge fan of the Alien franchise and I've always wanted to have an elegant 1:1 bust in my collection. The demand is also high within the Alien community for a complete line of perfectly accurate 1:1 busts and other statues in different scales.
There are a lot of great Alien pieces out here (custom or official) and they all have their pros & cons. I've studied all of them and I tried my best to deliver the most accurate Alien, with the help of the many references I've accumulated through the years.
If the shoulders and ribcage were mandatory elements to me, the cut was not a sure thing in the beginning. I tried several options, from the very classical straight cut with variations in the height, to this more "balanced" or "elegant" cut. I wanted to respect the design flow and the initial gesture impulsed by H.R. Giger. The top back bones was another strong key element of design for me and I initially wanted it to be the sole element visible in the back. I wanted to keep the bust simple and elegant, as if floating above everything. For these reasons my earlier design drafts didn't include the back tubes.
After some talks with Oliver, the Creative and Art Director of Queen Studios -and also a big fan of the Alien franchise- it has been decided to add the back tubes in the final concept, considered by many as key features when speaking of Alien creature.
The Giger version was also my first choice: "if we want to build a line of products, it needs to start with the very first one!". It's the original design with the shapes made by the Master himself. And if "great things have small beginnings", this initial design was the Mother of everything else. So obviously in my mind, the Giger version also had to be the very first of the series as well. Of course, the Giger version has been done already, but never as a fully complete 1:1 bust. Also, if many statues have been produced at different scales, most of them were missing the key point: the Alien is absolutely not symmetrical. Not a lot of people know this but H.R. Giger only sculpted one side of the Alien torso and ribcage. The other half was completed by his assistant! And most of the time, this key element is never respected.
This 1:1 bust version we made with Queen Studios, is not symmetrical to respect the original design. The shoulders have a slightly different height, the ribcage and a few other elements as well, are different from one side to the other, just like the original design.
Regarding the base, the process was a bit more difficult, with many tries (and fails). We tested several options that didn't work really well with too many elements. It was simply too busy. I wanted to keep things simple and interesting so I suggested a mix of an organic mood and rocky elements. The rocky elements were mainly inspired from one shot in the movie, where we can see the Derelict ship sitting atop steep rocky reefs. I wanted to replicate this hostile environment in the front of the base because it was one of the first impression of the Planet LV-426 that we had, as a viewer. The Nostromo crew itself was also confronted with these rocks first. Therefore the rocks needed to be the first visible element of the base, and in the front. The back part of the base is more organic with some technical accents here and there thanks to the cables and the grid. The vertebrae suggest the back spine of the Alien as well as the organic interior of the Derelict. I wanted something light and aesthetic at the same time, with a strong appealing factor too. To sum up, the idea was to replicate what the Nostromo crew has to face in the movie: the hostile and rocky elements first, then a more organic, mysterious and dangerous environment inside the Derelict. In my mind, the base needed to convey this kind of transition as well. It's like walking along side with the Nostromo crew when you turn the base!
To conclude, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at Queen Studios. This project means a lot to me and this first collaboration with Queen Studios has been an enriching experience where I was able to work closely with a talented and passionate team. It was a real pleasure to be able to freely exchange ideas and discuss options in order to achieve the best solution to bring this project to life. I can't wait to share what's coming next!"

Last edited:
In all honesty, is it worth £4.5K into the UK?
As a fan i say yes BUT next year something else will come out and then another, it's endless.
Was really thinking of ordering but the money is stupid.
Totally with you on that. I am also walking the fence on this but it’s REALLY TOUGH to justify two months of mortgage payments for one statue…

In all honesty, is it worth £4.5K into the UK?
As a fan i say yes BUT next year something else will come out and then another, it's endless.
Was really thinking of ordering but the money is stupid.
Definitely FOMO plays a big part in any collectible of this kind. Personally I think the edition size is very nice, and if it turns out like the proto, I would be very happy and I would think it were worth it. There's no guarantee of that though. I'm skeptical in particular that the teeth will be that chromed, as queen seem to do everything like that in a dull grey colour. We will see

Back