Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope we get Uhura soon - testosterone-heavy on the bridge right now...

b2354c0cb6d7ad7bac52df7e8c7a8c01.jpg

That looks a lot more like the prototype Sulu before they added the smirk?

Thank you. I went over to the other thread and did a deep dive. Afterwards I was over at BBTS ordering a set of the 2nd issues. I had the original trio and sold them awhile back when prices went nuts. Glad to see QMX rereleased these and made improvements as well. Just wish QMX were more dedicated to the fans of 1/6. It makes it hard to want to collect their offerings when they tease figures but then don?t deliver them. Anyway thank you for the heads up and where to look! Take care - Jase
You're welcome! Always happy to help.
Although I guess it will be difficult for you to find another Bones now.

I am happy with the 2 for now...maybe later if they rerelease him, I wrote QMX yesterday and got that standard reply back from Rocky that he would pass my request along.

I will definitely getting the Captain chair. Also picked up a Playmates 12 inch Gorn MIB for $20.95 plus shipping off of evilbay. I might look to grab a few more of the OST Aliens in 12inch since they are pretty inexpensive.

ff6b8b11003a75623f2029509bda7937.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also ordered the Kirk & Spock from BBTS. Just to be clear, these are the newer V2 releases right? Its not leftover stock from the original V1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

From what I understand the are definitely the V2 figures. The original run of V1 figures were long sold out.

I actually have not seen too many reviews up of the second release figures up on YouTube so I might throw up a quick unboxing on my channel when they arrive.

Hi I'm new here,
a great fan of Star Trek TOS, just ordered Kirk & Spock 1:6 from BBTS, would love to have a McCoy also, but sold out.
Waiting for Uhura and ... Captain Koloth (by William Campbell). Does anyone know whether QMX is going to make a Koloth TOS figure? And another big question: When is Uhura kicking in?

Congrats on scoring Kirk and Spock, and welcome aboard.

On your other questions, you're better off reading a few of the pages of the General QMX Star Trek thread, but the short answer is: we don't know for sure when (or if) Uhura will be released, and it's highly unlikely that Captain Koloth will ever be made.

Congrats on scoring Kirk and Spock, and welcome aboard.

On your other questions, you're better off reading a few of the pages of the General QMX Star Trek thread, but the short answer is: we don't know for sure when (or if) Uhura will be released, and it's highly unlikely that Captain Koloth will ever be made.

I will go as far to say that if Koloth is made and released by QMX I will treat everyone on the board to the figure on me...it will never happen. The likelihood of Uhura or Chekhov is less than slim to none...I would rate Koloth at non-existent.

Thanx
okay, but why did QMX make the TOS Khan figure? Is it more prominent than Koloth?
I understand that Uhura would be more difficult to construct than the crew men because of the legs being just covered by pantyhose and not the star fleet trousers. The joints of her knees could be visible which is not very attractive as we can see by the arms of Dr McCoy in his short leeve tunic.

Thanx
okay, but why did QMX make the TOS Khan figure? Is it more prominent than Koloth?
I understand that Uhura would be more difficult to construct than the crew men because of the legs being just covered by pantyhose and not the star fleet trousers. The joints of her knees could be visible which is not very attractive as we can see by the arms of Dr McCoy in his short leeve tunic.

It?s actually not a matter of whether Koloth is more popular or relevant than Khan...the fact of the matter is that the line is sadly and unfortunately dead. Even Scotty and Sulu which were released in a smattering will more than likely never see a wide release and the vast majority of people who preordered will more than likely never receive their figures because production essentially stopped. If Scotty and Sulu which were fully produced but only quasi released I think it is safe to say that there will not be a Koloth figure...or any others for that matter. Disappointing but book mark this comment and I have no doubt that time will validate its accuracy.

Does anyone know from where BBTS ships their Kirk/Spock 1:6 QMX couple? from China? Any experience with COVID-19 contaminated stuff when opening the box?

Does anyone know from where BBTS ships their Kirk/Spock 1:6 QMX couple? from China? Any experience with COVID-19 contaminated stuff when opening the box?

COVID-19 will not live very long on cardboard boxes. The risk coming from China at this stage will be negligible compared to the risk associated with domestically handled mail (assuming you are in the US or Western Europe) and your receipt of the package at the door. The easy solution is to be careful when you greet the mailman and not open the package for a couple of days.

BBTS is in Wisconsin, and they ship all of their stuff from there. $4.00 shipping takes longer because they are shipping it at (I’m assuming “Economy” rate) — which means it’s not going to get priority at any of the postal facilities it’s making the rounds at.

Back