QMX Star Trek Enterprise (2009) J.J. Abrams

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atheris

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've been on the fence about ordering this awesome piece for a while. Just got back from seeing Star Trek into darkness in IMAX tonight and was very impressed with the movie. Kinda gave me the extra nudge to place an order for this. So I go to the website when I get home and just my luck, they aren't taking orders anymore due to "high demand". I emailed them hoping to get on a waitlist of some kind, hopefully I can. I just watched some videos of it on YouTube from SDCC and man is it impressive. Anyone here actually own this piece already they can share pics of or give their thoughts on it?

https://store.qmxonline.com/Star-Trek-2009-Enterprise-Artisan-Replica_p_147.html

After seeing this guys unboxing video, I REALLY want one now lol

[ame]https://youtu.be/t3DGiZI8iyQ[/ame]

Chris

It's probably not high demand, I think on a lot of those things they didn't plan them out very well, Serenity had a too high of an edition size and I bet they weren't making that much money off them.

Impressive, just not sure if it's $7K impressive. I remember the MR Falcon coming in considerably cheaper, and it's a similar size.

There are so many other great things that can be obtained for less than this money, and way more impressive too.

Yeah, $2-3K, I'd cheerfully drop coin on it. I have really enjoyed the new movies, and love the makeover the Enterprise had, but just not enough bang for the buck at that price.

Still damn sexy though. :D

The way I figure it, this has the same level of detail and size as my 1:8 amalgams for the same price. On top of that it has working lights, which my amalgams don't even have. If I can get my hands on one I'll place the order.

Chris

It's so beautifully done but it should be at 1/2 price of what they are asking IMHO...grats to those who are rich being able to afford this

Last edited:
I've been on the fence about ordering this awesome piece for a while. Just got back from seeing Star Trek into darkness in IMAX tonight and was very impressed with the movie. Kinda gave me the extra nudge to place an order for this. So I go to the website when I get home and just my luck, they aren't taking orders anymore due to "high demand". I emailed them hoping to get on a waitlist of some kind, hopefully I can. I just watched some videos of it on YouTube from SDCC and man is it impressive. Anyone here actually own this piece already they can share pics of or give their thoughts on it?

https://store.qmxonline.com/Star-Trek-2009-Enterprise-Artisan-Replica_p_147.html

After seeing this guys unboxing video, I REALLY want one now lol

Chris

This has been on hold for many months. It's way overpriced for what you are getting and their quality isnt all that better on the master artisan items. Enterprise is not a complex replica. You guys want made in usa, well here it is...

Pay $1.5-2k for the master replica enterprise on ebay, then use the rest to buy the MF and be happy.

People are obviously free to spend their cash on whatever makes them happy, but I look at this, and I look at the price, and my first response is laughter. The day I pick this up is the day that I can look at that price and just see a buncha numbers instead of priorities.

Definetely not worth 10 grand. You could buy a MR Millenium Falcon (what many consider a superior scale model) for cheaper than that.

They sure look awesome and if one had the means and the space, then I guess why not.

Yes, its a lot of money and I don't know, maybe its worth it and maybe it's not. I remember when I got Serenity and everyone complained how much it was and they could get some china modelmaker to produce the same thing, better and cheaper.

Till someone actually asked for a price and it was like $2k more then QMx.

I agree, the price on this one is way to high for what it is. I believe the price reflects its exclusivity though as theirs only going to be 50 made for the anniversary. This piece is massive though compared to the others and stunning to look at in the video below. I've never seen these in person and cant judge the quality for myself. But if some of you are correct in saying the quality isn't so super then that makes me nervous. Did any of you actually see this in person at SDCC and take up close HD pics?

The other thing that bugs me about these is that they don't come with acrylic cases to cover them. How the hell can you ask 7k-10k for these and not include a cover? Even my 1:8 Amalgams come with acrylic tops with real carbon fiber bases for 7k. No way I would leave a 10k piece out in the open for dust to collect on and people to sneeze on.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNkxpXcn4tM[/ame]

Chris

Last edited:
Low ES and made in the US is going to equate to more money regardless. I love how people keep bringing up Master Replicas. That was years ago. Look how much Sideshow and Hot Toys figures have gone up. :slap

Other thing I just noticed is that they are passing off this piece as being made from high quality materials.

The QMx Artisan Enterprise replica is constructed with only the best materials available, including resin, laser-cut acrylic and styrene.

In other words "plastic"

Again, I'm going to compare this to my 1:8 Amalgams of similar price. Which are made of die-cast metal, aluminum, brass, copper, carbon fiber, titanium and resin. Their is virtually no use of metal in the construction of the entire enterprise. Just LED's and plastic, how can that be?

Chris

Last edited:
I agree, the price on this one is way to high for what it is. I believe the price reflects its exclusivity though as theirs only going to be 50 made for the anniversary. This piece is massive though compared to the others and stunning to look at in the video below. I've never seen these in person and cant judge the quality for myself. But if some of you are correct in saying the quality isn't so super then that makes me nervous. Did any of you actually see this in person at SDCC and take up close HD pics?

The other thing that bugs me about these is that they don't come with acrylic cases to cover them. How the hell can you ask 7k-10k for these and not include a cover? Even my 1:8 Amalgams come with acrylic tops with real carbon fiber bases for 7k. No way I would leave a 10k piece out in the open for dust to collect on and people to sneeze on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNkxpXcn4tM

Chris

Not the enterprise but i did see the viper from battlestar which is $2k it was no better or worse than master replicas models at <$1k, the cockpit window looked pretty bad/cheap, nothing special. Also the Mini Farnsworth Replica Keepsake also labelled under the artisan replica brand was a disgrace, i know the price is pennies compared to those, but the thing looked to be made by a 3 year old, i was so disgusted by the quality.

The serenity is probably the only replica come close to the worth of 3.5k they are charging due to the complexity and build, but size is kinda small.

The youtube video said the 10k enterprise had over 240(?) leds, what happens when a few of them fails? which is bound to happen with so many electrical components in it. The stand also looks bad, it needs to hold the enterprise from the back not hold it with stands in both the front and back.

Anyway just go with the master replicas version, i still think that's the best bang for the buck and looks awesome. It was going for under $1k, now i believe around 1.5k.

For $7k I wouldn't buy it. That is just way too much than I'd be willing to spend for something like this. The most I'd be willing to spend for something like that is maybe $2-3k MAX.

I REALLY like the Enterprise (2009) and I'm trying to find a nice model that lights up. I'm hoping Art Asylum/Diamond Select will make one (~$60) or even better yet if Aoshima made one like the did the Enterprise-D ($160).

The serenity is probably the only replica come close to the worth of 3.5k they are charging due to the complexity and build, but size is kinda small.

That's interesting, when they first had Serenity up for order, it was $2.5k and as a pre-order waitlist customer, I then got $500 off.

So I guess I did OK getting it early.

Back