QMX: 1/6 Star Trek First Contact Captain Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Utah

I learned to hate you in the last 10 years
CF Supporter
Reaction score
QMX Firefly, DC, Star Trek and More at Toy Fair 2015 - The Toyark - News

Toy-Fair-2015-QMX-072.jpg

Toy-Fair-2015-QMX-073.jpg

Toy-Fair-2015-QMX-074.jpg

I would have preferred his classic TNG uniform, and while it's nice to see it finally getting some love, that sculpt is nice, but can be better. I think it's the overall that's off to me, the collar and the neck maybe.. Looks like nanjin's work from a while back. It'll be aaagggeeesss before it's out anyway. Hopefully Andy can chime in with more details.

Yeah it does look like his sculpt. I was hoping they'd get Trevor to sculpt a Trek figure like they did for Mal.

The collar's just not pulled up enough. I think you'll see QMx moving a little faster on their 1/6 from this point on.

I like the idea, but this prototype doesn't impress me as much as the Mal did, either in terms of sculpt or outfit. Though this may be at an earlier stage of development. I would also much prefer the classic costume designs from the TV series.

This is a better picture of Picard.
Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• FB_20150215_16_31_05_Saved_Picture.jpg
    FB_20150215_16_31_05_Saved_Picture.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 1,145
This is a better picture of Picard.
Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

So is this a custom sculpt? Doesn't look the same as the one at the top. It's very nice work either way.

So is this a custom sculpt? Doesn't look the same as the one at the top. It's very nice work either way.

It is the same sculpt. The only thing different is the body. I believe the picture from Toy Fair was taken with a one-Step or a phone cam, and which usually have wide angle lens. Wide-Angle tends to distort the imagine when taken in close proximity. I used a 60mm lens taking the picture from 5 feet away. This set up is closely resemble how we see things with both eyes opened.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd consider this and the head sculpt looks okay, but the outfit looks really cheap to me.

Im all for 1/6 trek. This is a prototype so I am looking forward to seeing more when they get it moving forward. So with them doing trek now I wonder if they will do a series of just the captains first and then move on to other characters or do several from one show at a time? There are lots of options open with this license.

Head looks good. Everything else is from 2002 era of collectibles.

:lecture and even the head isn't doing much for me to be honest.

Alas I don't think I'll ever own any Star Trek characters. Probably for the best, I shouldn't be looking for more stuff to spend money on anyway.

Wow, the Mal figure still hasn't been released? I had no clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back