PSA - Reminder, your Sideshow Rewards Points will begin expiring January 1st

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot about this and my points expired as well - Bummer since it was about 80 bucks worth of points - Ah well, I guess it's a good incentive to check out other places.

Well SS gave me my points back for the original expiration date but warned me to use them by then b/c they won’t give me points again. Ended up using them on endgame cap since there was nothing else in stock that I remotely wanted

Well SS gave me my points back for the original expiration date but warned me to use them by then b/c they won’t give me points again. Ended up using them on endgame cap since there was nothing else in stock that I remotely wanted
WoW, good on you for making that happen!

WoW, good on you for making that happen!
Thanks! I would've totally understood if I just happened to miss out. But considering my account originally stated they weren't going to expire until Feb 1st which makes sense since I usually buy something around my birthday (beginning of Feb) in that it would be a year since I last purchased something. Thankfully they restored my points, though. They could've been tough about it like one time they didn't want to give me a replacement part, even though there was an obvious defect.

Thanks! I would've totally understood if I just happened to miss out. But considering my account originally stated they weren't going to expire until Feb 1st which makes sense since I usually buy something around my birthday (beginning of Feb) in that it would be a year since I last purchased something. Thankfully they restored my points, though. They could've been tough about it like one time they didn't want to give me a replacement part, even though there was an obvious defect.
Its the one area for sideshow i have no complaints about, customer service. They have always helped me, except for when I was emailed a coupon that had expired when they sent it to me but I dont think that was really their fault.

Pooling SS Points and SS Exclusives (when every major figure release inc. an exclusive part) are really the only reasons I purchased from them initially. Now that exclusive parts are non-existent and points expire, I have greatly curtailed purchases from SS. Especially since you can easily find figures priced cheaper than SS even if you factor in the SS points discount.

That’s nice to hear they were so reasonable about it and solved it for you! I haven’t really dealt with their cs a lot but each time they seemed pretty good in their response. Just too bad about their prices and shipping fees.

I feel that if SSC are expiring point in a year, then they should not make people wait 40 days from shipment to get it. They are just shortchanging people at both ends and that’s not right. Consider that I have been front loading my payments by using their gift cards (I usually can’t afford full pay upfront) and flex a smaller installment during the pandemic, now I sort of feel cheated “helping” them with their cash flow. I also will contemplate getting my HT figures elsewhere.

Its the one area for sideshow i have no complaints about, customer service. They have always helped me, except for when I was emailed a coupon that had expired when they sent it to me but I dont think that was really their fault.

That’s nice to hear they were so reasonable about it and solved it for you! I haven’t really dealt with their cs a lot but each time they seemed pretty good in their response. Just too bad about their prices and shipping fees.
Yea their CS has 99% of the time been extremely understanding and helpful to me. They just rubbed me the wrong way (or maybe the guy that answered my replacement request was having a bad day?) when I tried to get a replacement for my comic 1/6 Superman figure b/c the ankles were so tight that they snapped off when trying to get some articulation out of them and SS was like "sorry we can't help you." Other than that instance, they've always been great! And that and exclusives are the only reason I still buy from them. Otherwise, I'll buy from somewhere else if I can.

I feel that if SSC are expiring point in a year, then they should not make people wait 40 days from shipment to get it. They are just shortchanging people at both ends and that’s not right. Consider that I have been front loading my payments by using their gift cards (I usually can’t afford full pay upfront) and flex a smaller installment during the pandemic, now I sort of feel cheated “helping” them with their cash flow. I also will contemplate getting my HT figures elsewhere.
Yep I agree with this 100%! Or at the very least, cut that window in half.

I agree with this. If they're going to expire after a year, then they should compensate by killing the 40 day wait.

Back