PSA - Reminder, your Sideshow Rewards Points will begin expiring January 1st

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocbolt

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
If you have any points that accumulated before January 2021, they will expire at midnight tomorrow (Pacific time). Points going forward will expire one year from their date of earning. Use em or lose em!

Sideshow helpfully will now tell you what you have expiring in your Rewards page-
0LPWsZ3.png

That's good how they tell you what is expiring. Mine says 0 points expiring on 1/1/22 so I wonder how often that is updated? I believe my next points will expire in July so am wondering when it will say that

I got some points in the last 10 days. It doesn't show them expiring so?? It has to be points prior to December I'm guessing .

Reward point were the only reason to even bother ordering from SSC….

Now that you cannot build them up, why bother?

Yeah, my only two orders this year were to cash out my points horde (was waiting for the QS Mk 2 that never came), I doubt I'll order anything again from SS

Straight up BS! Yeah I know they have a policy...but their loyalty points policy sucks balls. Rarely buy from them anymore...my small balance from spider gwen became active too close to 2022 so they are still good.

Last edited:

Exactly, once they put them in your account, the timer starts ticking and be gone within a year. The math doesn't work, especially when they are giving out $1 for rewards.

Thanks for the heads up! The bulk of mine are expiring February 1st so I’m going to have to find something to use them on I guess.

Well, had to send SS customer service and email. My account said they wouldn't expire until Feb 1st (as posted above) and I logged in today with the bulk of my Reward points all of a sudden missing. So something is wrong with their system.

this, they charge more than anybody else, and that's before their awful shipping prices and tax. The rewards themselves barely ever added up to more than you'd pay for their gouging, so now there's literally no reason to use them unless you want to waitlist something or buy an exclusive.

Will be swapping all my orders over to better sites from now on.

Mine haven't changed since 12/30 so no problems for me yet. Thinking of just burning them for mysterio drones just in case.

Ended letting my points expire. Huge international shipping quotes, import taxes on the value (and on bloated shipping). I am still paying atleast 75% of the retail value in shipping and taxes.

Also, there was nothing in stock I was interested in. Kinda shocking. Would have dumped everything on a Star Wars Mythos statue. But only Sidious was in stock, god I loathe that one.

Back