Probe Droid Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BurningRage

Super Freak
Reaction score
423C63FE-2817-4A2E-B86E-990FEEDD6654.jpeg

What a weird choice for a PF statue but looks pretty cool

That’s a beautiful PF! Perhaps it’ll have lights and sounds too?!
I think they mentioned it would. The Probe Droid was always one of SSC's best, I'm not surprised it's getting the Premium Format treatment, given they did two runs of the sixth scale. The one critique I'd level at the smaller one is that it was quite fragile, I wonder what the materials and build quality will be like on this one.

I'm wondering is the this PF Probot will be poseable like the 1/6. The 1/6 is one of the best renditions of this interesting droid out there, better than any licensed and unlicensed statues or figures so far.

I'm wondering is the this PF Probot will be poseable like the 1/6. The 1/6 is one of the best renditions of this interesting droid out there, better than any licensed and unlicensed statues or figures so far.
I'd be surprised if it wasn't; the 1/6 was all simple swivel hinges and ball joints for the eyes. No reason they can't scale it up for this design.

I hope so. If it is, I might get one, despite having the 1/6 one. But not sure where to display it though. Hmmmm
That's a big Probe (left that one wide open).

The only thing I don't like about it so far is the base, would have preferred a snow base or a plain black option. Not a huge deal though. Assuming it follows the articulation model of the sixth scale at least you know more or less exactly what you're getting.

From the interview video:
Legs are magnetically attached
Hinges won't move but legs can pivot/spin
Top will spin
Gun/sensor pieces on top will articulate
Lights and sound
Eye will light up
Knob on top section will be used as a button

I believe this PF will be resin, unlike the 1/6 which was plastic. But the 1/6 as a fully articulated figure had a fantastic appeal to collectors, especially because of that excellent articulation.

Anyway, depending on price I might get the 1/4 one too, though not sure if I have a place to display it yet, which will also be the second reason if I pass on it.

Very cool piece but I too have the fantastic 1/6th scaled piece.

While I like the base as a general representation, it would have been cool if it had also come with a separate cover piece that recreated the snow on Hoth, specfically. I understand that they didn't want to limit the piece to a specific film, as the droid has shown up on several other films and shows, but Hoth is the classic one, for me.

Trying hard to resist this one, but I have an inordinate affection for this (character) design that I never realized I'd had until I got the 1/6.

One thing I love about that one is that I truly value the articulation with it. One pose I love is to have the limbs all sweeping to one side- as if it's in flight and the arms are slightly dragging behind.
I'm sure that having the PF limbs rotate(spin), even with no further articulation, I would be able to elicit the same effect.
So I don't know how much of a deficit that non-articulation actually will be.
Between spinning each arm independently, and rotating the top saucer, there are still a lot of possibilities to eek out fresh profiles with this.

And sheer size is it's own reward too.

About the only thing I dislike on it is the base.
I hate to be so provincial, but I would much prefer a Hoth snowscape. If I do end up getting it, that will definitely be in the cards- though I also wonder how long it would be before SSC itself releases a Hoth variant.

Back