Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone reached out to Secret Compass regarding a contingency plan? According to their FAQ, they offer a complete refund including shipping for damaged statues.

My concern is they might not offer a refund. Could you imagine if at least 12 of us purchased through them and all request a refund? If each statue costs them $1500, that's $18000 they'd have to absorb.

Any thoughts on this?
I'm just guessing, but that would also be 12 high-end customers who'd no longer order through them.

Word of mouth would spread since Prime 1's merchandise is becoming crappier and crappier. People who can would want to order through safer channels or not at all.

Mine is being prepared to ship from P1 and between the poor packaging the boat ride, customs and whatever carrier to get it here I figure that ought to do it on a guaranteed break. I have never been so nervous receiving something so expensive in my life. It’s sad when you have to have a plan figured out for repairs before even receiving it.

I'm honestly not sure how Secret Compass would work that out, but I'd be curious to know. BTW- why do they ship so late after everyone else has received statues? Have the people who ordered the P1 Pred received theirs yet?

Last edited:
I'm honestly not sure how Secret Compass would work that out, but I'd be curious to know. BTW- why do they ship so late after everyone else has received statues? Have the people who ordered the P1 Pred received theirs yet?
Shane keeps saying that they have 3 large shipments from p1 but that there is no space on the shipping containers to get here. It's always 30-90 days. Same thing 300 days ago lol.
I actually wrote to p1, I had an email through them discussing details on their predator. Regarding details and accuracy. So I wrote them a scathing email about what's going on with the Big Chap.
I mean I want this statue. Is paid for, but if it arrives broken I will probably just get a refund from SC, and I won't get the statue since there aren't replacements. The whole thing has completely put me off of prime1.

For those who got this already from P1 directly did you get a email first saying they were going to do a shipping quality check before sending it?

Shane keeps saying that they have 3 large shipments from p1 but that there is no space on the shipping containers to get here. It's always 30-90 days. Same thing 300 days ago lol.
I actually wrote to p1, I had an email through them discussing details on their predator. Regarding details and accuracy. So I wrote them a scathing email about what's going on with the Big Chap.
I mean I want this statue. Is paid for, but if it arrives broken I will probably just get a refund from SC, and I won't get the statue since there aren't replacements. The whole thing has completely put me off of prime1.
That's what I don't understand. P1 put my Pred on a container and shipped it here. Then they did the same with the Hunter's Victim, and then again with the Big Chap all in the period of time where SC is saying they can't get stuff moving. Makes no sense.

I can't speak for others, but I don't think I got an email from P1 saying they were going to do a quality check before they shipped mine. Not that that would have solved the main issue here, and that's their outright terrible packaging for this statue, and their refusal to provide replacement parts.

I will wait to see how the figure arrives. If it arrives broken, I will return it and get my money back, if it arrives well, I will have the best alien ever made. I hope it arrives in perfect condition but if not I am calm because I can return it. What a pity that prime 1 has not been more vigilant in protecting the shipment of such a delicate and expensive piece. I feel sorry for those who have received it with damage. I am looking forward to receiving it and seeing what happens...it has been many years of waiting...what is certain is that the delays, the increase in prices and the little respect that companies show for us, make it easier and easier give up this hobby. personally I wait for this piece and for ripley but nothing more…

I ve noticed Prime 1 has stopped sharing photos of this statue on its socials. Seems to be sharing everything but… almost as if they know it’s a disaster due to breakages/packaging? Seems such a shame/waste of an amazing design!

That's what I don't understand. P1 put my Pred on a container and shipped it here. Then they did the same with the Hunter's Victim, and then again with the Big Chap all in the period of time where SC is saying they can't get stuff moving. Makes no sense.

I can't speak for others, but I don't think I got an email from P1 saying they were going to do a quality check before they shipped mine. Not that that would have solved the main issue here, and that's their outright terrible packaging for this statue, and their refusal to provide replacement parts.
I think it's because sc offers free shipping. At this point I'd probably pay it.

Well, obviously not good news on a lot of fronts here. My museum pose is being prepared for shipment from Prime 1 now. I chose economy so that means I will see it in about 6-8 weeks I expect.

Fingers crossed for me...

On a positive note, I did recently receive the City Hunter Ex direct from Prime 1 as well and it arrived in perfect condition. Granted, there seemed to be little issues with the packaging from that one and it did seem packaged very securely compared to this piece.

I wonder, what percentage of the broken pieces seen so far have been museum vs action pose? I imagine the packaging for the body is slightly different for both considering the pose differences.

I'm just disheartened by the whole thing. Prime1s response has been pretty terrible on this. I have been waiting for years, patiently. I even moved it out of my mind a bit. And to know that they have no replacements if it breaks. Is really really bad. I really want to order the Paul Dune statue. But I haven't because of this whole issue. P1 is going to be on sideshow quality level soon.

I might be wrong, but like this one, most of the European buyers did not have broken parts. Is it because of a shorter shipping time from China? Or the handling and care by European logistic companies is a bit more reliable? Still hope for an unbroken piece to arrive soon.

Hey guys. I sent an email to Shane at SC to get an ETA on this piece. Here's the response. Looks like they can't find room on a ship for it to come over:
"we have 5 shipments from Prime 1 ready to go but there have been massive problems with global freight. There is simply no space on the ships. We are doing everything in our power to get all our incoming shipments here as quickly as possible."

This must be really frustrating for the retailers as well. :(

Back