Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also bought my figure trough a local seller and his return policy includes the total refund in case the figure is damaged. I will wait and see…it should be here this month…I cross my fingers although after seeing all the problems…in the worse case I will save 2500€!

That sounds great. Wish I could say the same for sugo, their terms and conditions don't sound as generous. If there is no replacement part, your pretty much on your own for 'minor' QC/defects. What's major for you might be minor to them lol.
Ah. Well, at least I only ordered the JH bust through them. :lol Maybe if the full statue turns out poorly, the bust will be worth keeping and customizing.

Overall I love the statue and since I can repair this, I am keeping it. I would imagine I could send it back to P1, but IDK if they would cover my shipping or not (I would expect them to). But I know many people are not willing or able to do repairs and I fully understand wanting to get your full money back (as you should). Hopefully this is just a case of people with broken statues being the loud vocal minority (*the entire forum looks at me), and the bulk of people recieve it and are thrilled with it. I did hear this afternoon of another collector friend and his arrived with the same dorsal tube broken as mine has.
Regardless, this fault is entirely with P1. And for a statue with a total ES of 350 this is ridiculous.

We are all with you burtial:( and we all understand all the collectors who received a broken one..but the ones that we are still waiting, we can just pray for it arrives safe!! I don’t have any skill to repair it and this figure is too good to pass on it.

What is incredibly scary is the behavior of P1. They take zero responsibility for their product. And we saw this time and time again. Also their official facebook group is getting worse and worse. We basically cannot talk about anything and they don't allow too many defective product in the group if any. One of my friend has a broken Big Chap also and they did not allowed his post cause of reasons.

Last edited:
What is incredibly scary is the behavior of P1. They take zero responsibility for their product. And we saw this time and time again. Also they official facebook group is getting worse and worse. We basically cannot talk about anything and they don't allow too many defective product in the group if any. One of my friend has a broken Big Chap also and they did not allowed his post cause of reasons.
They have taken a page from TOTS notebook of customer service. It's crazy that you can't bring up any issues with a company anymore w/o getting banned or blocked. Even when just politely raising concerns.
I wonder what the percentage of broken statues is....

Got good news from my supplier.
They said if I get damaged statue they first will check to see if replacement can be done. If not then they can either try and repair it if I want or send it back to them for refund.

Whats strange though is that one guy on youtube who got a cracked one got replacement from P1 so did they stop sending replacements cos too many people had damaged ones?

Thanks Dundee...I tried to be as thorough as possible in the review.
They offered me store credit, that's it. There are no replacements, so we will all be forced to repair these ourselves. And I have been hit up by several collectors on IG with even more breakages. Some don't want to be posted, but here is a friend of mine who was okay with it. His knee is cracked.

This statue is a huge P1 fail.
Where can I watch your review? I can't seem to find a link for it. Thanks!

It sounds as though Spec Fiction is absolutely the way to go moving forward; free repairs if a replacement is not available is just amazing, and a real testament to their commitment to Customer Service. I can't help but wonder, as more people receive damaged statues that came direct from P1, they MAY hold onto what they can and salvage them for replacement parts for others who receive theirs through vendors down the line. It's terrible that this is even a thing, but in the depraved race to realize profits above all else, we find ourselves in situations like these where a manufacturer like P1 doesn't put enough R&D into ensuring the final product is shipped safely and securely: 'make as few as possible to save on manufacturing supplies, then wash our hands of it once they leave the door' seems to be the motto. Flashy marketing and advertising keep us biting the hook on their products over and over again. It's easy to take ones time with an Artist's Proof that's gonna make the rounds through all the conventions, doing a superb job with the fit and finish, paint job, etc. But when it comes time to crank out the allotment, care and forethought go out the window.

Here ya go 👍🏻

LOL, I had no idea that was you. I watched that the night you posted it. As always, great videos. My favorite Xeno is the Dog and the Prime 1 Dog is my all-time favorite piece. I was so nervous opening that beast up. Luckily I was spared from any issues. Sorry your Chap came dinged up. They need to lean how to package items better.

It sounds as though Spec Fiction is absolutely the way to go moving forward; free repairs if a replacement is not available is just amazing, and a real testament to their commitment to Customer Service. I can't help but wonder, as more people receive damaged statues that came direct from P1, they MAY hold onto what they can and salvage them for replacement parts for others who receive theirs through vendors down the line. It's terrible that this is even a thing, but in the depraved race to realize profits above all else, we find ourselves in situations like these where a manufacturer like P1 doesn't put enough R&D into ensuring the final product is shipped safely and securely: 'make as few as possible to save on manufacturing supplies, then wash our hands of it once they leave the door' seems to be the motto. Flashy marketing and advertising keep us biting the hook on their products over and over again. It's easy to take ones time with an Artist's Proof that's gonna make the rounds through all the conventions, doing a superb job with the fit and finish, paint job, etc. But when it comes time to crank out the allotment, care and forethought go out the window.
Spec Fiction never offered this piece. It was only Secret Compass for NA.

Sorry about your issues, but it looks great over all in your pictures. I regret not ordering this when I could, but at the same timer I'm kind of glad I haven't faced the stress of seeing if I'd receive a fully intact statue or not.

Here ya go 👍🏻

Great review! What a disappointing experience however, with all the issues... I was up until the last moment thinking of ordering this, but with my luck I'd have paid around 2,250-2,500 euros (including shipping + customs taxes) and it would have probably arrived broken...

Watching your review just made me realize that Prime1 messed up a great opportunity with regards to the base and rear wall. While I get how the aesthetic they utilize brings to mind the lower decks of the Nostromo (Engineering etc) and the bio-mechanical nature of the Beast, the more I look at it, the more it looks... somehow generic. Imagine if they'd used a small segment of the Nostromo's corridor's and iconic white bulkhead/doors behind the Big Chap instead... that would be glorious.

Has anyone reached out to Secret Compass regarding a contingency plan? According to their FAQ, they offer a complete refund including shipping for damaged statues.

My concern is they might not offer a refund. Could you imagine if at least 12 of us purchased through them and all request a refund? If each statue costs them $1500, that's $18000 they'd have to absorb.

Any thoughts on this?

Back