Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I finally received my 2nd box after about 10 calls to FedEx to track it down. I won't know if the base is damaged till I can open it tonight. Fingers are crossed.

I will say that the Big Chap itself is NOT packaged well...at least the body. It has very little vertical support. There are just 2 thin styrofoam walls to hold it in place, and unfortunately I have a first hand experience with them failing (as shown in that pic I posted). There is also next to nothing in front of the forward foot, which again I unfortunately have seen how that will break through the styrofoam. The head and arms seem well secured, but I can see how the tail might break since it's on the corner of the packaging. Besides the breakages, the head on my was sloppily assembled to where the tendons for the mouth don't even come close to lining up. I have yet to get a response from P1 of what they intend to offer to do for the damages to my piece.

With such a low production number and 4 years of time since it was announced, there is no reason for these to have so many issues.

Review is finally up. I think this is the longest review I have ever done. 🤣 Here are a few shots I took of him.

IMG_0024-1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0034-1.jpg
    IMG_0034-1.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 65
Great review burtial and thanks for taking time out to share your thoughts on this piece. Such a shame re the damage and silly thin packaging. Agree with you about those crazy looking dots on the wall, very odd! Hope you get a satisfactory response soon from Prime 1.

Thanks Dundee...I tried to be as thorough as possible in the review.
They offered me store credit, that's it. There are no replacements, so we will all be forced to repair these ourselves. And I have been hit up by several collectors on IG with even more breakages. Some don't want to be posted, but here is a friend of mine who was okay with it. His knee is cracked.

This statue is a huge P1 fail.

Attachments

• big chap break 1.jpg
    big chap break 1.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 68
  • big chap break 2.jpg
    big chap break 2.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
They offered me store credit, that's it. There are no replacements, so we will all be forced to repair these ourselves. And I have been hit up by several collectors on IG with even more breakages. Some don't want to be posted, but here is a friend of mine who was okay with it. His knee is cracked.

I am scared what will happen to the Jungle Hunter.

Thanks for your video Burtial. It was really informative and despite the apparent high risk of breakage now, I still really want the statue. Do you think you will chrome the teeth of your statue? Will you post pictures if you do? I would love to see how it looks fully chromed (teeth and nails that is)

How much store credit, if I may ask? And is a partial refund not an option?

Wonder what the recourse would be for folks who ordered through a distributor.

I am astonished that they cannot provide replacement parts. Zero attempt to win us back, zero care factor. There's no safety POing with these guys, any excitement has dissapeared in a puff of air. I'd hate to cancel on the 1/3 JH and lose the deposit but if things look iffy, what choice do we have when their service is non existent? These guys have gone the next level in terms of greed, there an inch away from being real crooks.

Effing hell man, I think I want to break into your house...

Congrats, awesome Alien shelf!
Ha! Thanks man. I really want to put Ash on that shelf, but I just don't think it's gonna happen. I might have to pick a facehugger to go up there.
Thanks for your video Burtial. It was really informative and despite the apparent high risk of breakage now, I still really want the statue. Do you think you will chrome the teeth of your statue? Will you post pictures if you do? I would love to see how it looks fully chromed (teeth and nails that is)
Yeah, I'll end up repairing the damage and fixing things like the teeth and those awful brown spots on the back wall of the base. I'll post up some pics when I'm done....which considering I have very little free time I'm not sure when that will be. Hopefully soon.
How much store credit, if I may ask? And is a partial refund not an option?

Wonder what the recourse would be for folks who ordered through a distributor.
I am still going back and forth with them so idk right now. I wouldn't expect much though...probably the standard 10-15%.

And I'm with you guys on replacement parts. There is literally zero excuse not to have made extra parts to use for replacements while they were doing the manufacturing run.

And I'm with you guys on replacement parts. There is literally zero excuse not to have made extra parts to use for replacements while they were doing the manufacturing run.
Reminds me of what happened with Ronny Haze's Big Game statue. Production was over so they just took another customer return and painted a poorly-matched brown in between the spots. The application was so different from the factory's style that it looks as if the guy in their mail room was tasked with doing the job instead.

Not exactly a "premium" experience. The only reason I haven't yet cancelled my Prime 1 preorders is because I gain nothing from doing so at this moment.

Last edited:
What? They just offer some Dollars worth of store credits to buy more products from them and gamble with more possible damaged stuff arriving? Is that even legal that they don´t replace parts? I guess if shady stuff like that continue, fans should collective sue Prime1.

Wtf. Will they let you return for a full refund? But I imagine the return postage will be £££. Starting to be grateful I ordered mine thru a uk based store I can return mine to if damaged.

Yeah, even without replacements available it seems ordering third-party may be more advantageous. Secret Compass and Spec Fiction will do a full refund, the latter can even provide free repairs.

Yeah, even without replacements available it seems ordering third-party may be more advantageous. Secret Compass and Spec Fiction will do a full refund, the latter can even provide free repairs.
That sounds great. Wish I could say the same for sugo, their terms and conditions don't sound as generous. If there is no replacement part, your pretty much on your own for 'minor' QC/defects. What's major for you might be minor to them lol.

Back