Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Problem is is that theres rumours going around saying theres no more replacement parts available.. im going to flip if mines broken
I think Prime 1 actually repair or make new parts on request. They made new heads for someone's 1/4 predator, and they currently have one of mine and are repairing it due to a ****** decal job on some sections.

Only problem is they take forever to do this. I sent my head away back in September or November, still waiting.

I am so sorry to see this…this is the kind of post we never want to read but unfortunatelly I have already seen 4 different pieces with troubles…with this low edition I find that this is too much…I’m getting nervous for moments because mine is about to arrive and I don’t know what to expect…if we buy from a local seller, which is the procedure we have to follow if we have a problem like this? I suppose I would have to deal with the shop who sell me the figure but…I am getting really nervous now…

Last edited:
Geez that's disappointing, it's not the first one to break like that. The packaging must suck on this one, and the statue isn't even that heavy compared to others! I'm sorry to see this and I sure hope Prime 1 get this mess sorted asap.

Should be feeling joy when these things come out but man it's going to be nerve wracking for anyone getting pieces at these prices.
You said it. The fact that we have to hold our breath upon receiving pieces this expensive is all wrong. At this point I've spent more time figuring out my contingency plan for a damaged or lackluster piece than being excited for it.

Problem is if they're indeed out of replacements, all you can do is send it back (hoping the retailer you bought from is willing to cover return shipping, which they absolutely should) or sell it, but you'd have to offer a pretty big discount to attract secondhand buyers to a statue that needs work.

Seems Secret Compass will take nearly a year to get their stock in after everyone else. That should be enough time to determine whether a preorder is worth keeping or if the risk of breakage without exchange is too great. But if I'm being honest, even having to think this way is souring the experience for me. Hitting that preorder button on a Prime 1 piece feels like such a gamble.

I haven't been this uncertain about preorders since my NECA days. Between the declining QC and ridiculous travel time, the consumer's back is really against the wall. Unless they buy direct and pay the extra $200 for expedited shipping -- then maybe they'll have a chance to inspect the piece before Prime 1 runs out of replacements, which is insane.

Why am I buying this again? :lol

I am so sorry to see this…this is the kind of post we never want to read but unfortunatelly I have already see 4 different pieces with troubles…with this low edition I wind that this is too much…I’m getting nervous dir moments because mine is about to arrive and I don’t know what to expect…if we buy from a local seller, which is the procedure we have to follow if we have a problem like this? I suppose we would have to deal with the shop who sell me the figure but…I am getting really nervous now…
You have to hope your local retailer is more reasonable than Prime 1. It's a sad thing when smaller businesses have to pick up the slack for manufacturers.

Last edited:
My main worry is that there might be damage to the dome on the head. Small breakages I'm confident I can repair (not that anyone should have to on a brand new statue) but the dome is a completely different issue altogether. Should there be a dent or a crack in it I'll be livid. Has anyone in the UK experienced any issues with their statues if they have received them already?

Last edited:
I must admit, I am getting apprehensive about the 1/3 Predator, it's such a big investment! They keep shouting about how they will focus on the quality, but they need to start demonstrating that again as it's something they have sadly lost recently. Sorry about your Alien, sounds like they won't be replacing it either if they have indeed ran out of spares...

The last 5 pieces I got from them have ALL had issues. 1:2 Pennywise, 1:2 T-800, 1:4 Big Game, 1:4 Hunters Victim and now the 1:3 Big Chap. 0-5 in over $9,000 spent. The fact that they say the 1:3 Pred will be great is based off of nothing I have seen in person from them. Stop and think about it.....what you you seen that makes you think they can pull off that statue in production and deliver it without issue? On top of all of that, their customer service is absolute s*!t.

That's really crazy! WTH is going on with Prime 1 ? Only 250 pieces, i only see people having problems with their Big Chap...Not mentionning all the issues with the big game pred jungle.. I'm afraid again to get my big chap , and more afraid with the Jungle 1/3... Prime 1 is really loughing at their customers. This piece costs more than € 2100 !! I think the Pred 1/3 and the bust will be my last Prime 1 pieces... THey are doing everything they can to disgust their customers...while they are supposed to please them...I didn't think it was part of the Japanese culture to be such disrespectful...

Let’s see what we will receive…I should receive mine in one or two weeks…

I ordered from Secret Compass...do we really think we'll see ours a full YEAR after the direct orders from Prime 1 ship? That seems like madness...

Can anyone who just got the single head sculpt tell me how many boxes it arrived in? Only 1 box showed up today (and it doesn't weight much), and it says box 1 of 2. There is no tracking number for a 2nd box. I am at work now so I can not open it to see if everything is in just 1 box., though it seems like (if I am to believe their print on the brown shipper) there is a 2nd box that I am missing....

Update...it's supposed to be 2 boxes, and initially FedEx showed it as 2 boxes when it left Prime 1 a couple months ago. But at some point during this week once they started tracking on it after it arrived in the U.S., they changed it from 2 boxes to 1 box even though the Fed Ex shipping label they placed on it shows it should be 2 boxes. Ugh. So I guess my 2nd box is lost or gone, or never arrived to the U.S.. Perfect. On top of all of that, it's apparently impossible to talk to a human being at FedEx.
Oh no!!!! Man I hope this gets fixed for you.

I received (along with a lube-free dry f^%k) the master box with the Big Chap. The base box is still MIA.
I swear I am so over this hobby. Over a 4 year wait, just to get this crap. For those that think P1 will suddenly put out a quality piece that will arrive safe and sound with the 1:3 Pred, I've got news for ya....they won't. NOTHING has shown otherwise.
Man.. that’s awful… I will say that if I got the base I could live with those issues.. Glue and paint. I never plan on selling so no biggie.. but still we should get pieces that cost this much without issue. Very sad :(

what’s wrong with the head I can’t tell

Edit… I see… the teeth.

Man I hope you get the base and a hefty refund. You have the skill to fix this

This piece doesn't look fragile or has many small parts. The packaging looks ok, could it be the resin mixture reacting poorly during the setting stage? Seems breakages are all over the place and random. Prime 1 must be aware of the problems with this run and should be ready to make replacements for collectors. That's at least a minimum of what they should do.

What a shame, a stunning statue, not much downgrade from prototype but the defective rate is bloody to high at this price point, at any price point.

Yeah im expecting mine to be broken.. hope its just small things that can be prepared locally because god forbid they have spare parts by the time SC ships theres

Doesn't bode well for the Alien Warrior. I don't think that one sold as well as the Big Chap, so the ES will likely be the same if not lower. It's also a more complex statue with a less stable pose, yet is cheaper than the Chap which means the production budget will be stretched thinner.

Back