Statue Prime 1: Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gorgeous looking statue, but I'm still struggling to see the likeness to Lynda Carter.
I think the likeness was hit, then missed a tad when the sculptor tried to force Lynda Carter's neutral mouth expression into a smile. This made the mouth just a little too wide at the sides, which also had the effect of making the character seem younger, more adolescent. In retrospect, they should've just left her expression as it was in the photo of posed Carter that was used as the basis for the sculpt. Even now it can probably be corrected, as this is relatively minor stuff, and the specific nature of the mistake is obvious. I doubt they will, though... and I must say, it ultimately didn't matter to me. I ordered the piece anyway. Even with this minor miscalculation, the statue is stupendous. One look at the Instagram video should make up anybody's mind.

This is as basic Photoshop 101 as it gets, so don't expect miracles. That said, simply take that forced curl away from the sides of WW's mouth, and voila! The face portrait of this statue becomes a way better adaptation of the photo it's taken from, imo. It seems Lynda's less friendly, more provocative mouth expression from the photo was lost when the "eager-to-please" concept was imposed, accidentally making the mouth look fractionally bigger at the sides and creating the adolescent look some of us have noted. While I very much like a benevolent WW, I'd prefer the more accurate original expression, if there was still time for an adjustment to be made. Guess it's all academic. Photoshop experiments aside, I ordered the statue as is, because, even as is, it's an astonishing knockout of a piece that is absolutely essential for any WONDER WOMAN TV memorabilia collector. It's just kinda weird that they got this one tiny detail wrong, something that is so easily correctible.

Attachments

• WW.jpg
    WW.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Just got an email stating the new shipping date is: May 2022 - Jul 2022

"We know you are anxious to receive your purchased product, but please accept our sincere apology for not updating your order status soon. We received an update from our production team regarding the product you have purchased and wanted to share the latest information with you. We have experienced some unexpected difficulties during the product quality check, and unfortunately, that issue has impacted the original shipping estimates."

Got an e-mail from prime1. New shipping date: Sep. 2022 - Dec. 2022

We know you are anxious to receive your purchased product, but please accept our sincere apology for not updating your order status soon. We received an update from our production team regarding the product you have purchased and wanted to share the latest information with you. We have experienced some unexpected difficulties during the product quality check, and unfortunately, that issue has impacted the original shipping estimates.

As long as they get the production pieces to look identical to the one in Gem Mint’s video, I’ll be good.

The way I see it: I get to keep my kidneys for a little bit longer before I have to sell it to fund this statue.

Got an e-mail from prime1. New shipping date: Sep. 2022 - Dec. 2022

We know you are anxious to receive your purchased product, but please accept our sincere apology for not updating your order status soon. We received an update from our production team regarding the product you have purchased and wanted to share the latest information with you. We have experienced some unexpected difficulties during the product quality check, and unfortunately, that issue has impacted the original shipping estimates.

How did Gem-Mint get his statue for review so early?

Is Prime 1 shipping out these in waves (due to quality checks)?

IIRC, one of my Metroid Prime statues (direct order from F4F) arrived about a year after I saw initial reviews go up on Youtube.

Sideshow is now saying it will arrive this month (September), or next month. That means, if we're lucky, before the end of 2022. Let's hope we get lucky.

Ha! So now estimated arrival is next month, October, or the following month, November. 2023 looms closer than ever... and the suspense builds.

Back