Statue Prime 1: The Predator - Assassin Predator 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I disliked all of the designs in this movie tbh. However I think this statue looks pretty good. It looks better than this guy did in the movie, maybe because that was a crappy CGI image whereas this is a physical recreation.....

I disliked all of the designs in this movie tbh. However I think this statue looks pretty good. It looks better than this guy did in the movie, maybe because that was a crappy CGI image whereas this is a physical recreation.....

Despite the film being absolute garbage there's part of my that likes the Assassin design (appearance only). The problem is as you said, the crappy CGI film version is cheap and lacks any sort of presence on screen.

Guy in a suit is a must when making a Predator film.

Despite the film being absolute garbage there's part of my that likes the Assassin design (appearance only). The problem is as you said, the crappy CGI film version is cheap and lacks any sort of presence on screen.

Amen!

Definitely, I'm surprised that Shane Black of all people was the first to break from this. Good creature deign and physical suit work is one of the main reasons that this franchise still has any legs. The Predator did not live up to any of the previous movies in this regard...

Definitely, I'm surprised that Shane Black of all people was the first to break from this. Good creature deign and physical suit work is one of the main reasons that this franchise still has any legs. The Predator did not live up to any of the previous movies in this regard...

I'm not a fan of the Fugitive design either. Lazy facial design again (like Predators) trying to recapture the look of the original and failing consistently. The designs of the Emissary Predators are awful too - everyone who worked on this movie really let the fans down.

To be fair, it would have been blimmin' difficult (if not impossible) to have the Assassin design portrayed via the man-in-suit option.

You could argue that they therefore should not have used the design - but they did - and hence this statue :)

Like our mate from Liverpool - I'm not a fan of the "Fugitive" - especially that god-awful gold stuff - but the Assassin has really grown on me.

Given the prices (statue + their latest dodgy shipping quote fiasco), and their unfortunate choices for Basic/Deluxe/Ultimate options, I wouldn't be surprised to see sales so low it gets cancelled. It'll be a shame if that happens as it's a FIRST CLASS sculpt/representation of the character.

I view this design in the same way as I view Wolf . . . that was a cool design from a truly awful movie, this is cool design from a half-good-half-bad movie. And I'd STILL rather watch "The Predator" than AVP-R any day.

As they say - "each to their own" :wink1:

To be fair, it would have been blimmin' difficult (if not impossible) to have the Assassin design portrayed via the man-in-suit option.

You could argue that they therefore should not have used the design - but they did - and hence this statue :)

Like our mate from Liverpool - I'm not a fan of the "Fugitive" - especially that god-awful gold stuff - but the Assassin has really grown on me.

Given the prices (statue + their latest dodgy shipping quote fiasco), and their unfortunate choices for Basic/Deluxe/Ultimate options, I wouldn't be surprised to see sales so low it gets cancelled. It'll be a shame if that happens as it's a FIRST CLASS sculpt/representation of the character.

I view this design in the same way as I view Wolf . . . that was a cool design from a truly awful movie, this is cool design from a half-good-half-bad movie. And I'd STILL rather watch "The Predator" than AVP-R any day.

As they say - "each to their own" :wink1:

I watched AVPR last weekend for the first time in years. The human parts are bad and hard to watch (fast forward to Wolf). I still have to credit them for putting the effort into Wolf though. Fantastic design and Ian Whyte did a great job in the suit. They at least respected the Predator character despite the mess around him.

The Predator completely disrespects the Predator character.

Even if the Assassin Predator wasn't some DNA injecting, World invading giant Hulk monster, it's still CGI. So yeah, they can get ****ed! :lol

True, all three statues are executed with care and high craftsmanship. But I feel it kinda like a waste of resources in all the possible meanings. It's a terribly bad movie with some pour designs and ideas and I don't want to represent it in my collection in any way. But I guess it's fine for a larger museum-like collections. Still don't understand the reason to release those.

Wouldn't it be nice to have the whole Lost Predators tribe in 1/10 or 1/6 scale to build them in one epic display? (like IRON STUDIOS make their lines)

. . . Wouldn't it be nice to have the whole Lost Predators tribe in 1/10 or 1/6 scale to build them in one epic display? (like IRON STUDIOS make their lines)

I wouldn't be interested in statues of the lost tribe given current costs - even at the smaller scales. NECA gave us the action figures and I didn't buy those.

Now some (actually - MOST) of the human characters from P2 - THOSE I'd be interested in (action figures AND statues!)

Still liking this though :)

ultima11.jpg

Back