Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1622592050434.jpg

I do love really this but I think it's a shame not to have a fully closed mandible version too. I thought that was the best option they had with the Big Game one and would look great with this

Damn, this is going to be huge. Look at it compared to the '1:4' piece...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210608-074015_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210608-074015_Chrome.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot_20210608-073944_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210608-073944_Chrome.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 75
Damn, what a FAILED chance to do the ultimate jungle Hunter. Skin texture is unaccurate and way too wrinkled, legs way too muscular and short, torso too thick, the gusy must be in a protein milkshake diet or something... helmet with scars scultud WRONG they were painted, armor torso and leg plates are made separate WRONG the original suit had them integrated in the body sculpt this adds thickness to a already fatso pred. On top of that they do captures showing the recreation of the kit pieces used in the backpack and most of them have a load share of innacuracies. Gauntlets have their share of innacuracies too.. they've made a kind of cleaned up perfectied design, missing the original flavour and artistry of the suit made by Wong and Ross. Heck if you cant scult just buy yourself a casting of the suit and scan it. They are there if you reach the right collectors. The portraits are excellent, that is the only part I can complain. All this would be ok in a $30 toy, even a Hot Toys figure for $200 you can pass. BUt a $3000 statue? this price tag demands PERFECTION. A missed opportunity and $3000 to me left to spend in well made products

armor torso and leg plates are made separate WRONG the original suit had them integrated in the body sculpt
Could be going out on a limb here, but I don't think anyone wants to see a mass-produced Jungle Hunter with the body and armor in one piece, certainly not if it's scaled down. It would be so much harder to get the netting to look good if they had to cut and glue it down at the edge of the armor. Would also require far more time to mask off and paint the different sections. You'd be looking at an even higher price tag and, in all likelihood, an uglier statue.

A kit builder could do this, but not an assembly line. Not even the CM or SWS maquettes were made that way.

Last edited:
I didn't pay attention to the mask when the painter is working on it on the video. Wow. It won't be true 1/3 scaled than. Looks oversized which is not a problem but I am a little scared about the price now. I hope it won't be a lot more than their assasin predator. I think it will be around 2200 $. We will see soon.

Back