Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's very nicely presented and painted, but, once you look beyond that, I'm afraid it begins to fall a little flat. Proportionally it's way off. It has the body proportions of a standard height human. Kevin Peter Hall was anything but. To create the best overall impression, an '87 Predator needs to look like he is in the suit. Out of any I've seen, only NECA has been able to convey this. Without the physical presence, any figure or statue just looks like a cosplayer.

Do you own the piece?

It's very nicely presented and painted, but, once you look beyond that, I'm afraid it begins to fall a little flat. Proportionally it's way off. It has the body proportions of a standard height human. Kevin Peter Hall was anything but. To create the best overall impression, an '87 Predator needs to look like he is in the suit. Out of any I've seen, only NECA has been able to convey this. Without the physical presence, any figure or statue just looks like a cosplayer.
Completely agree. It is very well made but it is not giving back the vibe of the jungle hunter from to movie. This was one of the reasons while I sold mine. The pose is not for me and the biomask is highly innaccurate. Neca has still the most accurate presentation of the character.

Man Prime 1’s Christmas deal on this is tempting me. 600.00 off + free shipping.

I must stay strong and remind myself… the piece is too F’ing big :lol

Resist my friend - resist :) (and Happy Christmas! . . . to ALL the Predaholics hereabouts)

I have own many JH pieces. SS Weta JH, SS JH, CM JH, even repainted Neca 40 CM. Sold most except SS JH so I could paired it with SS Dutch and P1 1/3 JH as a centerpiece. I have to say without a doubt that P1 1/3 is the best out there right now. The fact is sculping techs is so advanced these days those old pieces just couldn't hold up, except said pieces came from the same mold AKA 100% film-accuracy anymore.

The downside of this JH 1/3 is that it's simply too big and most its accessories are redundant besides things from Reg version it's quite hard to keep/display them. And the pose may not be anyone's liking. Also, P1 produced it like a million pieces so not a great day for those so-called "collectors". Anyway, this one is not perfect but it's the best out there as of now. No doubt.

Do not speak out against Prime1. The P1 cheerleaders will jump you. I think they are a sht company who will do anything to make more money.
They used to be a cool company but then they went the way of Sidshow Collectibles. Greed over quality takes over and you get what they’re doing now. The thing is that these large scale states have a finite run on the market place.

Got my shipping notice. My shipping has gone up to $1650! I'm cancelling my direct order and re-ordering via Secret compass.

We're used to getting a crappy end of the stick here in the UK, but it boggles the mind as to why we're so much more expensive. Bare in mind that we pay 20% duty on top of the total cost also and that shipping cost in reality is $1980 which is just ludicrous.

Prime 1 really need to sort out the shipping costs.

Edit: For those wondering, Secret compass "estimate" shipping to be $450 to the UK. How can it be explained rationally that it's less than 1/3 the cost to ship it all the way to the USA and then to the UK, rather than direct to the UK?
Holy Crap! $1650 to ship is crazy. I just ordered the regular version from Sideshow, and my shipping was $449.00. I do live in the US though, but I am on the East Coast while Sideshow is on the West Coast.

Do not speak out against Prime1. The P1 cheerleaders will jump you. I think they are a sht company who will do anything to make more money.
I'm guessing they don't wear miniskirts and wave pom poms (Maybe some do in private!). We can like what we like. I'm not stopping them from enjoying them.

I need some help, the legs doesn’t fit in the base hole/pole, I tried insert both feet at the same time and doesn’t works, I tried insert the foot in the pole and later the right foot and doesn’t works neither first the right and later the left, hope anyone can help me. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_4425.jpeg
    IMG_4425.jpeg
    576.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4423.jpeg
    IMG_4423.jpeg
    628.3 KB · Views: 0
I need some help, the legs doesn’t fit in the base hole/pole, I tried insert both feet at the same time and doesn’t works, I tried insert the foot in the pole and later the right foot and doesn’t works neither first the right and later the left, hope anyone can help me. Thank you.
Prime 1 usually recommends to heat the parts up slightly with a hair-dryer (not too close) to make the area more pliable and then the distance between the legs should be adjustable

From somewhere else in this thread (I saved this when I first read it):

"They had trouble slotting them in. But they did it wrong in first place. You need to slot in the front leg infto the big peg first (like 2/3 into the peg or how it goes) and the other leg will start alligning itself. You cant slot them both at once. Also no hair dryer would help heating up the legs. They are too strong."

Ok, guys I did it, thank you for your support, nothing works,, heat, lub, dw-40, 1hr align patiently between 2 persons, etc, so I went for the drill, but it was tougher than I expected because there is a metallic rod inside the hole and the figure only needs 2mm, I couldn’t cut the rod so I moved side to side until broke the glue and then pull it, then reinserted in the new hole and now it’ done. Thanks again.

View attachment 687340

I know some of you despise displaying name plates, so does anyone want to sell me theirs? Mine took a tumble

That sucks.

Good luck with the hunt (no pun intended), but it would be a relatively simple job to repair this - and if you didn't want to do it yourself - it wouldn't cost that much to ship it to someone else to repair.

Back