Statue Prime 1 Studio x Blitzway: The Dark Knight: 1/3 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think when it comes to prime1, its best if you do your purchase when reviews are out. I think the concern with P1 is pre-ordering the product.
I've seen many reviewers who say when P1 is on their A game, they are in another league, but when they're not, that's when it can be bad.

I have two P1's now, and I am absolutely in love with them. So I blindly pre-ordered the P1 Aragorn, and the recent production pictures will most likely cause me to cancel my PO. The production piece's headsculpt looks bad. Its supposed to be shipping now, but there are rumors that it might be on hold as many people's reaction to the production piece is deja vu to the 1/3 Joker.

I am pretty sure I will eventually own more P1 pieces, but I dont think I will Pre-order one from now on. Since the prices have gone crazy, they dont sell out anyway. So its best to see reviews first before purchasing one.
I disagree though that their products are crap, because as I mentioned, when they're on their A game, the statue is a masterpiece.

Last edited:
I currently have 3 prime 1 statues (Batman Who Laughs, Heath Ledger Joker, Kratos from God of War) and I'm impressed with all three. I also have 7 of their products on order (Baldur from God of War, Joaquin Phoenix Joker, Heath Ledger Joker Bust, 1/3 Jungle Hunter Predator, Batman vs Joker, The Red Death, Dawnbreaker). I feel like the Joker Bust looks great, and pairing him with the Joaquin Phoenix Joker will be a cool display. The Baldur statue has looked amazing in reviews and will look good with Kratos. Prime 1 does great with DC comic statues so I'm not worried about the quality for those three. The only one I'm a bit nervous on is the Predator. But I'm hoping it will be executed fairly well.

It definitely doesn’t look as good as the protoype, but it no way does that look “bad.”

Posted by [ukshaun] on Statue Forum. Someone on Instagram modded their bust. Rooted hair and either a touch up or repaint.
Prime-1-Joker-Bust-Custom-Rooted-Hair.jpg

Posted by [ukshaun] on Statue Forum. Someone on Instagram modded their bust. Rooted hair and either a touch up or repaint.
View attachment 580859
Amazing. I received the statue ( with smiling head sculpt) few days back and I have to say I’m impressed with the head sculpt and paint. I was very worried, even after seeing reviews with proper light. Initial pictures were not in my mind any more, but still worried because make up looked too shiny and flat. But in hand, the statue and the portrait is really good. And likeness is great.
I’m waiting for the bust now and I think I won’t like it as much as I like the smiling face.

It looks nice, and I’m sure in hand it will be much better. It happened to me with the statue smiling face. In hand it looks so good. Let’s see when I receive the bust 👏🏻👏🏻

I received the bust today. Great looking bust. I don’t like it on the statue at all. I think it’s because my statue is displayed above eye level.

It's weird how it doesn't look that great on the body. We thought this would be the be all and end all

I just found out that this is being made in batches. So, this is going to be a long wait for some of us. Unfortunately, I fall into that category since I didn't purchase this directly from Prime 1.

The bust portrait definitely looks better at eye level or below. I’m fact it looks amazing on the statue if your statue is not high up on a shelf.

Looking up at the portrait
7092DD2A-E7E6-4C1A-8DE6-07B8CB192C8C.jpeg

Eye level or slightly below eye level
4CE12D6D-B1EE-4037-98F2-BEDEA423902E.jpeg

FAB358E3-1F75-4876-9022-9AC8DC8FD479.jpeg

So.. smiling sculpt looks better when displayed high. Serious sculpt looks better when displayed low. I periodically move my statues around and I will swap the portraits according to display height.

220AD32A-1087-4AF9-ABE7-B6A510BF9732.jpeg

34C71AB7-1ABF-443A-BA6A-A1089781C294.jpeg

Last edited:
The bust portrait definitely looks better at eye level or below. I’m fact it looks amazing on the statue if your statue is not high up on a shelf.

View attachment 582178

View attachment 582180
View attachment 582181

So.. smiling sculpt looks better when displayed high. Serious sculpt looks better when displayed low. I periodically move my statues around and I will swap the portraits according to display height.

View attachment 582183
View attachment 582184
I think it looks amazing.

View attachment 582178

View attachment 582180
View attachment 582181

View attachment 582183
View attachment 582184
I agree with the positioning but the comparison isn't completely fair as the lighting is awful on the pics of him high up - really highlights the shininess of the paint which isn't evident on the lower down pics

Yeah my room is dark with spotlights on the statues. Wasn’t going to tear down my whole setup just for some comparison pictures lol

Smiling portrait faired much better in the same setup which also speaks to the point I was making.

Back